Author Topic: Motorcycle Cleaner - ProClean 1000  (Read 1644 times)

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
Motorcycle Cleaner - ProClean 1000
« on: August 16, 2018, 06:40:48 AM »
I have been delightfully pleased with this cleaning concentrate.  For heavy-duty work, you mix it 2 parts water with 1 part cleaner. No need for any stronger.  Normal cleaning is diluted even more.

It works much better than the other cleaners I've tried.

Often times, after spraying, no scrubbing is necessary.

1 gallon yields 3 gallons of heavy-duty mixture.

This source is a good price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ProClean-1000-Concentrated-Offroad-Motorcycle-ATV-Bike-Cleaner-1-Gallon/361525542225?epid=919078219&hash=item542c99fd51:g:JqYAAOSw9KpW~-6T&vxp=mtr
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 06:47:22 AM by leafman60 »

Offline Toecutter

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Motorcycle Cleaner - ProClean 1000
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 09:15:32 AM »
I use a few drops of hippie-friendly dish soap in warm water. All I've ever needed.
Old enough to say I've done it, young enough to do it again.

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 10:53:25 AM »
I tried a couple of those spray-on motorcycle cleaners - and they seemed to work well.  A bit pricey, sometimes.

But, it got me to thinking...... so I hooked up this "dial-a-spray" thingy to the end of a garden hose, and poured in an inch of car-wash soap and filled the rest with water.
Just dial in the desired amount of suds.
Use a wash mit for the stubborn stuff.

Works well to clean the rear wheel area on a bike with bags.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 10:54:50 AM by kballowe »

Offline Lumpy Idle

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 01:37:12 PM »
ahhh good. this will be the right time and place for me to ask a tangential question. i don't mean to hijack this thread - this is just a side note. i have recently learned that there is a 'thing' these days whereby folks attach a canister to a pressure washer after they have added some proprietary liquid to the device. they then spray their vehicles and cover it over with a foam. they cover their cars or motorcycles in foam, wait a bit, then rinse it off. what is this? is this just a gimmick, no-work car washing plus all the fun of spraying something all over with foam or is this somehow better than actually washing and lightly scrubbing a car? 

even further away from the original post: i found out about this phenomenon while researching aircrete on youtube. a friend is looking for a way to make an inexpensive foam sprayer for aircrete and i suggested that he just use a paint sprayer. he hasn't done the test yet. someone else suggested the foam/pressure washer thing and that lead to the foam car washing scenarios.

anyone know whether this foam thing for car and motorcycle washing is BS or not?
'97 1100Sporti
'76 850T3

"You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter."
--- Anonymous

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 01:37:12 PM »

Offline kirkemon

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 10:05:34 PM »
humm.....says; "this product is not recommended for street bikes!"

I'm happy with the Simple Green Motorsports cleaner:
https://simplegreen.com/products/extreme-motorsports-cleaner-degreaser/
Kirk

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 09:41:15 AM »
humm.....says; "this product is not recommended for street bikes!"

I'm happy with the Simple Green Motorsports cleaner:
https://simplegreen.com/products/extreme-motorsports-cleaner-degreaser/

I've used this product on several street bikes with aluminum and chrome and experience no problems at all. I have also cleaned aluminum auto wheels, engines etc with no problems.

It works really well and just seems to melt grease off, sometimes without even scrubbing.

I just cleaned my Jeep after a weekend of mud riding in red clay and the stains just melted off.

As with any cleaner, I never leave it applied for very long and certainly never allow it to dry before hosing off. 

Your experience may vary, I guess.

The 2:1 mixture works well for serious stuff but I probably use a 3:1 mixture more often with fantastic results.

With these mix ratios, and ordering by the gallon at prices posted, the cost is very reasonable.

3:1 ratio yields 4 gallons mixed for $27.  That's $7 per gallon or $1.75 per quart.

2:1 ratio yields 3 gallons mixed for $27.  That's $9 per gallon or $2.25 per quart.

Enough said from my end.  Just passing along my experience. 

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 09:47:58 AM by leafman60 »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here