Author Topic: Lowering a California II  (Read 694 times)

Offline Kevin M

• Gosling
Lowering a California II
« on: November 07, 2019, 09:45:21 PM »
I’m interested in lowering my California II. I sent away & had my seat redone by Russell Day Long, they say when they do it, they make the seat like an inch taller than stock. I don’t have an inch to give away. I’m wondering the best way to lower it. I don’t want to compromise the ride at all if possible. I’m really only trying to get an inch or two. I don’t want to lose any of the distance between the seat & foot pegs, I have bad knees & not having to bend more than 90 degrees is what makes me like this bike so much. Any input would be great.

Kevin

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
Re: Lowering a California II
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 11:27:56 PM »
The Cal II comes with pretty long shocks in the rear. 13 1/2 " I believe. You can go with a 12.5" set of shocks, (I have progressive 412s on mine), and you can bring the fork tubes up through the triple clamps about 1/2".  You dont want to go less than 12.5 on the shocks, or fluid from the rear bevel box may  migrate up the driveshaft tube into the u joint boot.
Rick.
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here