Author Topic: The giant WG National threadfest  (Read 572124 times)

oldbike54

Did you hear any knocking???  :evil: :grin:

It was more of a laughing sound followed by "oh shyte , sorry I stepped in your foot mam"   :laugh:

Where the heck ya been man ?

Dusty

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
If you have one and have room, would you mind to bring a 28mm wrench or socket, please?  Long story short, I need to back off my steering head bearings just a bit.  We will have beer and grocery money in hand. Looking like Thursday for us too, but I will update as I know more.

Sarah

Sorry, I don't have 28.  I have 1/2 in ratchet. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

oldbike54

If you have one and have room, would you mind to bring a 28mm wrench or socket, please?  Long story short, I need to back off my steering head bearings just a bit.  We will have beer and grocery money in hand. Looking like Thursday for us too, but I will update as I know more.

Sarah

Sarah , with sizes that large you can normally get away with using an SAE wrench aprox the same size . That works out close to 1-1/8th , we can borrow one from the city barn if necessary . Heck , we can do the work on the sidewalk in front of the city barn if you make it by Thursday or Friday .

Dusty

Offline JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
Sarah , with sizes that large you can normally get away with using an SAE wrench aprox the same size . That works out close to 1-1/8th , we can borrow one from the city barn if necessary . Heck , we can do the work on the sidewalk in front of the city barn if you make it by Thursday or Friday .

Dusty

I probably have one at home. I'll look when I get home from work, and if so, I'll throw it and my 1/2" ratchet into my side case.
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Wildguzzi.com

Online Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
We should get in Thursday afternoon with WI provisions,cheese sausage beer etc.Shaping up to be a great party!

oldbike54

We should get in Thursday afternoon with WI provisions,cheese sausage beer etc.Shaping up to be a great party!

Oh my , "Sconsin Cheese , that's gonna go really good with the Grolsch coming for me  :food:

Spoke with both Emili and her replacement , Miss Coral Ann's daughter . We are good to go , and yes , this is going to be a great party .

You folks have no idea how hard it was to miss last year .

Woo Hoo !

Dusty

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle

Sarah

Sarah:

I have a 28 mm socket for a 1/2” drive.  Will bring it with me when I leave Thursday evening unless you source one sooner. 
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle

Dusty

Danger Sarah, danger!  Dusty uses an ancient rusty Bulgarian pipe wrench on anything bigger than 12mm.  Be careful whenever Dusty says you can “normally get away” with something.    :whip2:
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
Nothing you can't knock loose with a BFH alignment tool and a cold chisel  :thumb:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

oldbike54

Danger Sarah, danger!  Dusty uses an ancient rusty Bulgarian pipe wrench on anything bigger than 12mm.  Be careful whenever Dusty says you can “normally get away” with something.    :whip2:

I beg your pardon , the wrench in question is a 36" Rigid Brand made right 'chere in 'Murica in 1962 .

Dusty

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V

It was more of a laughing sound followed by "oh shyte , sorry I stepped in your foot mam"   :laugh:

Where the heck ya been man ?

Dusty

Running my ass off. No bike riding but lots of truck riding.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 03:18:53 PM by Stormtruck2 »
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero

Oooooo Western Star  :grin:  Ridin' in STYLE!  :thumb:

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero

Oooooo Western Star  :grin:  Ridin' in STYLE!  :thumb:

YES SIR!!!  1999 Western Star 4964 EX with 470 horse Detroit (soon to be 625 horse) with 496,000 miles when I bought her in June.  Running 15-20,000 miles per month.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

oldbike54

YES SIR!!!  1999 Western Star 4964 EX with 470 horse Detroit (soon to be 625 horse) with 496,000 miles when I bought her in June.  Running 15-20,000 miles per month.

Look man , get a load to Cedar Vale tomorrow and come on , we kinda miss you down here .

Dusty

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"

Damn nice truck, keep working so I can stay retired!!
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
Unfortunately we are discouraged from travel at the moment so I'm going to miss out this year but you'll have more fun that way.
I look forward to the reports.
Have a great time.
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

bobrebos

Ahhhh.  I moved from Wisconsin (Green Bay) to Chattanooga Tn area about 12 years ago.  You can’t beat Wisconsin Cheese.  Save travels! 

Offline JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
Oh my , "Sconsin Cheese , that's gonna go really good with the Grolsch coming for me  :food:

Speaking of which, do you want your Grolsch cold or warm, Sir Sultan?
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

oldbike54

Speaking of which, do you want your Grolsch cold or warm, Sir Sultan?

Coolish , good beer is designed to be served at about 50 degrees . Gonna be hard ro keep it chilled on the motorbike  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
Dusty, please let us know when you leave for Cedir Vale and no longer have internet access to Wild Guzzi.  That way I can start a Dusty thread while you are unable to defend yourself or nuke the thread. 
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
Dusty, please let us know when you leave for Cedir Vale and no longer have internet access to Wild Guzzi.  That way I can start a Dusty thread while you are unable to defend yourself or nuke the thread.

We can talk about "you know who" too!  :evil:

oldbike54

You guys do know that I can access WG from the computer in city hall , right ?

Dusty

Offline JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
Coolish , good beer is designed to be served at about 50 degrees . Gonna be hard ro keep it chilled on the motorbike  :laugh:

Dusty

Well, I'm having dad and his gf bring it down with them, so that you can have one on Thursday. So I'll ask them to keep it in their fridge, instead of in my ice chest that I'm sending with them
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
You guys do know that I can access WG from the computer in city hall , right ?

Dusty

Wait a minute now...you have an office you can go to now?  You're a remote worker after all!  Damn!!! :thumb: :thumb:
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

oldbike54

Wait a minute now...you have an office you can go to now?  You're a remote worker after all!  Damn!!! :thumb: :thumb:

If I had known Emili was leaving , and had could sell my house , and had better , or any real accounting skills at all , I might have applied for her job  :laugh:

Dusty

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
If I had known Emili was leaving , and had could sell my house , and had better , or any real accounting skills at all , I might have applied for her job  :laugh:

Dusty

We can give you a crash course in Accounting over dinner...should be enough to get by!   :thumb: :thumb:
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

oldbike54

We can give you a crash course in Accounting over dinner...should be enough to get by!   :thumb: :thumb:

Have you met me ?  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline greer

• Gaggle Mentor

Heck, a pipe wrench might work! I should have been more clear this morning and specified socket and rachet or a wrench since we don't have a rachet with us. No worries if we don't find one, it may not be a bad idea to run with the steering head bearings a little tight until I get home anyway. We are planning to be there sometime Thursday afternoon.

Sarah
Sarah '21 V7 Special, '17 XT250, '17 V9 Roamer sold August 2021, '16 V7 II Stone sold September 2021, '08 Nevada Classic sold August 2020 
Doug '21 V85TT, '05 Sportster Roadster, '13 XT250

Offline leroysch

• Gosling

Wow..a pre-emission '99 with <500,000 miles. Great find and a looker. My '99 (also with a Detroit) with <20miles at home awaiting decalomania....

'88 FLST
'95 Ducati 916
'04 V11 LeMans
'06 FLHX
'09 Buell 1125R
'17 BMW R Nine T
'19 H2 SX SE+
'22 Pan America

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
Wow..a pre-emission '99 with <500,000 miles. Great find and a looker. My '99 (also with a Detroit) with <20miles at home awaiting decalomania....

12.7 S60 is hard to beat, or kill. Moved out of a 2018 T-680 with Paccar MX-13 455 into my 99.  Haven't had a damn EPA or ELD problem since!!!   :grin:  I've put some serious money into her, new front springs, bushings, shocks, window regulators, gauges, double flush the radiator, etc.  Nothing really worn out, but aged out. Added a OPS system and will be putting a FASS system on her soon. 5.5 mpg, but no truck payment I can afford the fuel. She's a classic, and runs well.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 10:45:11 PM by Stormtruck2 »
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here