Author Topic: The giant WG National threadfest  (Read 572046 times)

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Friday

Thursday

John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Had a great time.  Good to catch up and have some fun.  A few of us were able to ride up to the Twisted Oz MC Museum on Friday.   Wes and I got to the Marland Mansion in Ponca City on Saturday.  Very windy riding Saturday.  Dave's shrimp boil on Thursday was best ever.  We got BBQ sandwiches catered on Friday,  and of course Dusty's famous fish fry and auction.

To tie this to another thread, we had the most bizarre "UFO" siting.  We saw a line of lights move from SW to NE horizon, completely filing the sky.  It was train of perhaps 50-100 lights all traveling in a line.    We were dumbfounded and certainly alcohol encouragement might've been a factor.   Only a few of us saw this as we were transfixed to this phenomenon for about 5 minutes until all the lights had departed.  It was speculated that might've been helicopters but no noise, no aircraft lights.  Rod discover that it was Elon Musk's launch of 60 satellites. 

Truly one of the most bizarre thing I've ever seen.  I thought for sure they were going to take Dusty home.  Perhaps the alien bounty hunters.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 04:36:14 PM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
Found a nice swimming hole a couple miles from the pavilion: 

tuscumbia utilities

Lotsa dirt roads everywhere, you can see for miles:

Good food, good company, the occasional minor problem:

K.B. tilting at windmills 

Got a nice copy of a Greg Field book at the auction 

First world "problems."  :wink: 

Thanks to the Sultan, town of CV, and volunteers.   :thumb:

2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

Online Matt Story

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Flint, MI
To tie this to another thread, we had the most bizarre "UFO" siting.  We saw a line of lights move from SW to NE horizon, completely filing the sky.  It was train of perhaps 50-100 lights all traveling in a line.    We were dumbfounded and certainly alcohol encouragement might've been a factor.   Only a few of us saw this as we were transfixed to this phenomenon for about 5 minutes until all the lights had departed.  It was speculated that might've been helicopters but no noise, no aircraft lights.  Rod discover that it was Elon Musk's launch of 60 satellites. 

Truly one of the most bizarre thing I've ever seen.  I thought for sure they were going to take Dusty home.  Perhaps the alien bounty hunters.
Didn't see it myself, but it sounds like SpaceX Starlink satellites brought to you by Elon Musk https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2021/05/08/starlink-satellite-train-bright-lights-night-sky-create-excitement/5003562001/ Was a bit alarming to me the first time I saw it.  Actually still is.  As someone who likes to stargaze, I find it pretty disruptive.
'75 850T - First & only owner
'77 Honda CB750 Supersport
'02 BMW R1150RT

Flint, MI

Wildguzzi.com

Offline MotoChuck250

• Hatchling

Very popular bike at the rally.

Offline MotoChuck250

• Hatchling
Local guy stopped by with his Model T pickup truck.

Offline pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
Had to fly in/out, but its the people, not the motos.  Home near San Francisco in time for lunch!
The good part about flying there was my discovery at the SFO airport.  What a class act.  I posted this to our local vintage moto community.

Just made a quick flight trip to attend a Guzzi event in Kansas. Surprise at the main concourse in SFO Terminal 3 to see a vintage photo display of early women motorcyclists.  Quite a nice show for the traveling public.

You can see the exhibits of the show here:
https://www.sfomuseum.org/exhibitions/early-women-motorcyclists

I didn't go to the International Terminal but I understand that there is a companion show there on early American motorbikes:
https://www.sfomuseum.org/exhibitions/early-american-motorcycles

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline Dave Swanson

• Gaggle Hero
  • Northern Illinois USA
I had a great time at the rally.  It was so good to finally meet face to face with folks I have only tapped keyboards with!  Dusty and his helpers put on a great event!  I will be back.

A rare sight.  2 mahogany Norges, mine and RHAT's taken at an impromptu pie stop on our return trip from the Twisted Oz Motorcycle Museum visit on Friday.  Richard's stomach was grumbling I guess.   :laugh:

Dave Swanson - Northern IL
1935 GTS
1968 V700
1973 V7 Sport
1974 Eldo
1974 Police Eldo
1976 Convert
1977 Lemans 1.2
1980 T3 California
1993 1000S - Sparklehorse
2004 V11S - Eraldo-ized
2016 Griso SE - Beetle-ized
2021 V7-850 Stone Centenario
2022 V85TT Guardia d'Onore
2023 V100S

MGNOC L-780

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
From Dave Swanson:
A rare sight.  2 mahogany Norges, mine and RHAT's taken at an impromptu pie stop on our return trip from the Twisted Oz Motorcycle Museum visit on Friday.  Richard's stomach was grumbling I guess.

Where specifically was your pie stop? Curious stomachs want to know.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline RHAT

• Hatchling
From Dave Swanson:
Where specifically was your pie stop? Curious stomachs want to know.
GliderJohn
It was either in Burden or Dexter, but I'm not for sure. 

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
From RHAT:
It was either in Burden or Dexter, but I'm not for sure.
Dexter would have been the closer one to Cedar Vale. Went through downtown Dexter on Saturday but did not see anything that might offer pie although one can buy good candies and chocolate at Henrys. Didn't go through Burden.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline RHAT

• Hatchling
From RHAT:Dexter would have been the closer one to Cedar Vale. Went through downtown Dexter on Saturday but did not see anything that might offer pie although one can buy good candies and chocolate at Henrys. Didn't go through Burden.
GliderJohn
Checked the location on my photo and it said Atlanta,  Kansas

Offline Dave Swanson

• Gaggle Hero
  • Northern Illinois USA
Checked the location on my photo and it said Atlanta,  Kansas

That's right, it was Atlanta. 
1935 GTS
1968 V700
1973 V7 Sport
1974 Eldo
1974 Police Eldo
1976 Convert
1977 Lemans 1.2
1980 T3 California
2004 V11S - Eraldo-ized
2023 V100S

MGNOC L-780

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
Thanks. Will have to check it out. Nice KS riding areas.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline Dave Swanson

• Gaggle Hero
  • Northern Illinois USA
Hey!  We made the Atlanta Cafe FB page!   :grin:

1935 GTS
1968 V700
1973 V7 Sport
1974 Eldo
1974 Police Eldo
1976 Convert
1977 Lemans 1.2
1980 T3 California
2004 V11S - Eraldo-ized
2023 V100S

MGNOC L-780

Offline JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
Here's the new proud owner of the raffle bike.

'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Hey!  We made the Atlanta Cafe FB page!   :grin:

That one bike looks like a red headed step child.   :wink:

BTW- here are some of what we saw at Twisted OZ

image online upload

she started

« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 08:28:21 AM by LowRyter »
John L 

Offline wavedog

• Gaggle Mentor

That dude should be smiling! Congrats!
 By the way- is he old enough to be attending a Guzzi Rally?

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Wes and I went to the Marland Mansion in Ponca City.  Marland started a business called "Continental Oil" later CONOCO, "the hottest brand going".  I think he went broke several times and later was elected governor. 

Kansas waterfall

more from CV

« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 08:40:27 AM by LowRyter »
John L 

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero

That's cool! It looks like it went to a happy home! Hope he enjoys it!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline ozarquebus

• Grand Canyon Pack Rat
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Riding since 1979
 Very nice first Rally and good folks! Cedarvale people are the friendliest. Absorbed a huge amount of knowledge, heard some great tales of the road and such, tried to and failed to remember 50 WildGuzzi attendee names...
 Broke camp and rode the short 125 mile jaunt straight East on 166 and home on Sunday. Cedarvale gas station was closed so had to detour to Sedan for fuel. Steady hard North crosswind. Came through Coffeyville right after front had cleared through. A little chilly, but dodged the rain. SPII ran like a champ around 80mph in spite of my worries. If I had known the rain was clearing as it did, I would have stopped at the diner in Cedarvale, but I felt like I need to get going to beat the weather.

Black and white film shots of rally coming soon! (por Levi)
John

V1000 G5 (ex-cop impersonator)
 Convert Hangar Queen

Offline mobiker

• Hatchling
Really enjoying this thread  :thumb:
I have a couple of questions. I do not want to derail this thread, but I am curious.

I notice there is nobody wearing a mask in the pics. Was - just not a concern? Please no politics. Just curious as most places around here where there are more than 4 or 5 people, some will be masked up.

Age wise I might fit in. Are most of you tent camping? I'm impressed. I've got all the camping gear, but sleeping on the ground really doesn't work too well for me anymore.

Mike

'88 BMW R100GS

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Very nice first Rally and good folks! Cedarvale people are the friendliest. Absorbed a huge amount of knowledge, heard some great tales of the road and such, tried to and failed to remember 50 WildGuzzi attendee names...
 Broke camp and rode the short 125 mile jaunt straight East on 166 and home on Sunday. Cedarvale gas station was closed so had to detour to Sedan for fuel. Steady hard North crosswind. Came through Coffeyville right after front had cleared through. A little chilly, but dodged the rain. SPII ran like a champ around 80mph in spite of my worries. If I had known the rain was clearing as it did, I would have stopped at the diner in Cedarvale, but I felt like I need to get going to beat the weather.

Black and white film shots of rally coming soon! (por Levi)
How bout the fuel leak?
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
From Mobiker:
I notice there is nobody wearing a mask in the pics. Was - just not a concern? Please no politics. Just curious as most places around here where there are more than 4 or 5 people, some will be masked up.

Almost everyone had their two - doses, both the attendees and many of the town folk. We were almost always outdoors too. Figured risk was very minimal.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline ozarquebus

• Grand Canyon Pack Rat
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Riding since 1979
guzzisteve wrote:
"How bout the fuel leak?"

thanks, for asking,

It was a-leaking out of the right side packing of the right petcock but when I screwed my handy 1" carpenters C-clamp horizontally on the petcock edge beside the stripped crew, it held gas-tight, but would have to take it off to select reserve, then clamp it back on. Fortunately I made it home still on main tank position.

I am looking for a pair angled petcocks from a V65?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 11:00:50 AM by ozarquebus »
John

V1000 G5 (ex-cop impersonator)
 Convert Hangar Queen

Offline mobiker

• Hatchling
From Mobiker:
Almost everyone had their two - doses, both the attendees and many of the town folk. We were almost always outdoors too. Figured risk was very minimal.
GliderJohn

Thanks. That's what I was wondering about. I only became eligible on April 9 (here in Missouri) so I just got my second shot this morning  :thumb:
Mike

'88 BMW R100GS

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
guzzisteve wrote:
"How bout the fuel leak?"

thanks, for asking,

It was a-leaking out of the right side packing of the right petcock but when I screwed my handy 1" carpenters C-clamp horizontally on the petcock edge beside the stripped crew, it held gas-tight, but would have to take it off to select reserve, then clamp it back on. Fortunately I made it home still on main tank position.

I am looking for a pair angled petcocks from a V65?
Nice
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
I notice there is nobody wearing a mask in the pics. Was - just not a concern?

We drove down to Pawnee on Saturday to attend the Antique Tractor and Steam show.  Huge event.  There were thousands of people milling around.  In total I saw one 90  year old guy wearing a face mask.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

bobrebos

Just wanted to give tons of thanks to all the riders that helped me acquire and then change my front tire.  I overestimated it’s useful life and it was touch and go as to whether or not it had 900 miles left in it.  Again thanks to all that helped.  You know who you are.  Stelvio ram perfect on way back home. 

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Just wanted to give tons of thanks to all the riders that helped me acquire and then change my front tire.  I overestimated it’s useful life and it was touch and go as to whether or not it had 900 miles left in it.  Again thanks to all that helped.  You know who you are.  Stelvio ram perfect on way back home.

That was the worst cupped tire I've ever seen.  It must've felt like a jackhammer to ride.  I wonder if you weren't vandalized by some 6th graders with electric sanders?
John L 

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here