Author Topic: The giant WG National threadfest  (Read 572007 times)

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero

This way to Kaw City!
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
A great time for sure.  Thanks for all of the work of the organizers.  Nice to meet so many of you in person.
Blue Guzz

Offline JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
A couple of photos from the weekend. I'll post more over the course of the week.

'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
Dang! I just about made it through with no pictures taken. I hope Greene County Mo. stays off this forum.
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Wildguzzi.com

Offline leroysch

• Gosling
"But officer, we paid for the pillaging option...."

'88 FLST
'95 Ducati 916
'04 V11 LeMans
'06 FLHX
'09 Buell 1125R
'17 BMW R Nine T
'19 H2 SX SE+
'22 Pan America

oldbike54

Apologies for the issue on Saturday evening , I make lots of decisions over the lead up and during the course of the event , got one wrong . That happens sometimes .

Anyway , spent most of the day doing business in Cedar Vale . There are some changes happening in town , Emili leaving , Kathy taking her place , Faith is stepping back a little , as is Priscilla , they are attempting to groom some younger folks to take up the slack . We actually had a meeting involving some of the new folks and myself today , it was interesting .

Very tired , several PM's to address , sincerely hope everyone had a good time and returns next Spring . Sorry the weather turned so windy and cool on Sunday , hope the all of the riders made it home OK .

More later , but thanks to all of the attendees .

Dusty

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
"But officer, we paid for the pillaging option...."

:grin:
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
funny Leroy.

I'm going for the ribeye next year.   Don't care about pillaging though.  Have fun.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
No Storm Truck <sigh>    :sad:
John L 

oldbike54

The mystery re the identity of the woman who banged on the pool house shower doors insisting on an answer as to who was trespassing on her property remains unsolved  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline greer

• Gaggle Mentor
We sure had a great time!  Thanks again to Dusty and everybody that pitched in to help, and the locals for making us feel so welcome.  On the calendar for next year!

Sarah
Sarah '21 V7 Special, '17 XT250, '17 V9 Roamer sold August 2021, '16 V7 II Stone sold September 2021, '08 Nevada Classic sold August 2020 
Doug '21 V85TT, '05 Sportster Roadster, '13 XT250

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
No Storm Truck <sigh>    :sad:

Hoping for next year!  Got a new and better tent Maj Hal!
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
In other news Paul made it back to Houston.  Sez it was loading up on one side due to an air screw.

No news on the burned saddlebag.
John L 

oldbike54

Finally caught up on sleep  :grin:

Just a few thoughts before merging the 2021 thread with the Cedar Vale mega-thread .

Some of you performed above and beyond the call of duty , and if I miss someone please feel free to speak up .

The two Chucks , ChuckH and MotoChuck250 made the 150 mile round trip to Wichita to pick up a new front tyre for an attendee , I was a bit blunt in asking , but the tyre was shot . The amazing thing is neither Chuck once complained , maybe a road trip in a red Corvette was pleasant enough  :grin:

Anyway , thanks guys .

Then there is Dave Swanson who did the work of dealing with the tyre swap with a smile on his face , and Doug along with who helped him and the local man unseat the bead on said old tyre . Well done fellas  :thumb:

My friend Andrew who showed up on Saturday and immediately got put to work helping pick up supplies from the store  :thumb:

RHAT and Burton along with some help from JC85 who basically took away my apron and got the Saturday evening meal cooked  :bow:

Sarah Greer and her group from Kentucky did so much that likely went un-noticed , plus participating with the cleanup crew led by JC , thanks so much.

Sarah , make certain your group knows how much they were appreciated , and tell Tina she is hilarious .

Smithswede and Delrod for keeping the auction moving   :thumb:

Davedel44 got us fed and well fed at that on Thursday evening . Good job my friend and to whoever helped you .

I noticed Wes Stephens did some repair on his California , someone had to help , no idea who it was .

Leroysch and rudy do all of those little things that make these things work , all W/O fanfare .

Alright , I have probably missed about half of the contributors , so if you are aware of something that an attendee did that should be recognized , please add it here .

Once again , thanks to everyone , there will be a different group of us in Hewins Park Sept 8-12 , with some recognizable faces . Same drill , just with some different folks . Feel free to PM for details ,

Dusty

oldbike54

Bear with me here , a couple of more people to recognize .

Vin Hayes for patiently standing by and helping me get up a few times , old knees were acting up , and Patrick for keeping us amused  :laugh:

AMGeneral for keeping us on the rails a couple of times , thanks Rod .

Mhershon for entertaining a couple of locals , Faith asked about you mate , she seemed impressed  :thumb:

Dusty

Offline greer

• Gaggle Mentor
Thanks again for everything, Dusty.  You've sold us on Moto Guzzi rallies, we aim to head for New Hampshire.  Hope to see the same folks again, along with a bunch more.

Sarah
Sarah '21 V7 Special, '17 XT250, '17 V9 Roamer sold August 2021, '16 V7 II Stone sold September 2021, '08 Nevada Classic sold August 2020 
Doug '21 V85TT, '05 Sportster Roadster, '13 XT250

oldbike54

Re: The giant WG National threadfest
« Reply #3646 on: May 30, 2021, 08:09:49 AM »
 Beginning to merge all of the threads about Cedar Vale .

We might have some interesting news regarding extra funding to help restore the pavilion . Finally  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline kirby1923

• Gaggle Mentor
  • '81 CX100
  • Location: SoCal (rural) near Tehachapi CA, Rogers AR when in the states other times GMT+1 thu +6
« Reply #3647 on: May 31, 2021, 09:49:01 AM »
Well I finally have the time to put in a small note about my trip to and from CV. The old CX did well on the round trip with the only real glich was a broken tach cable on the last leg on the way to SoCal.

Averaged about 50 MPG at +10 on the road max, and had several conversations/inquirys about the CX at truck stops and other stops.

Used/leaked abouit one qt of dino of the whole 3623 miles .

It’s a fun ride but a real test of my ability to withstand pain!

On the back side I encountered two other brave soles at a motel in NM that were returning to PHX after a visit to the “WALL” in DC. One was riding a M8 and the other a HD trike.  Both were my age and VN vets, a mud Marine and an Army “tunnel rat”(he was omly about 5’3” tall). We had a long dinner and discussed politics, the state of the union and…gulp UFOs! (things not usually long lived on this forum). But all in good fun.

Thanks to Mr. D and is usual efficient handling of the CV caper and to those I met for the first time, hope to see you all again.

Back in sunny berber land.

Adieu

:-)

« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 09:50:37 AM by kirby1923 »
'81 CX100

A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the constant pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness.. Einstein,A

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3648 on: July 02, 2021, 03:19:06 PM »
Auggie and I will be there
Dave
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

Offline MotoChuck250

• Hatchling
« Reply #3649 on: July 02, 2021, 09:42:47 PM »
Since it was brought up on the best place to retire thread, is there going to be a rally in the Spring in '22?

John Henry

Cedar Vale in May of 2022 is on my list of things to do.   :thumb:

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3650 on: July 03, 2021, 10:15:45 AM »
If there is any interest , yes . It has been communicated that Mrs Chuckie would make the trip , no idea about anyone else .

There might be interest.   :evil:
John L 

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
« Reply #3651 on: July 03, 2021, 12:04:07 PM »
I’m game
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #3652 on: July 03, 2021, 01:08:27 PM »
The Legend of Bagger Vale - screening next year on the Seidhur Veil screen at Hewins Pahk!

Might even have a golf tournament in the park, everyone bring a pitching wedge and 3 balls...winner gets a fun prize to be named after dinner!
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3653 on: July 08, 2021, 12:08:14 PM »
Wouldn't hurt to send some positive energy to JC 85 and his dad Jack , you guys met Jack at the rally , he is currently in for a major tune up .
Thanks for this info SOCV.👍

Offline JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3654 on: July 08, 2021, 12:53:48 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has called and messaged with good wishes. I took dad into the ER at about 2:30, Tuesday morning, because he called and said that he'd woken up in a lot of pain. When we got there, his blood pressure was dangerously high, and he was admitted. Once the blood work showed elevating heart enzymes, he was transferred to Kansas Heart Hospital in Wichita. I chased the transport ambulance all the way, and we've been here, since. He has 3 clogged arteries, including the one that cardiologists refer to as "the Widowmaker," and is going under for triple bypass surgery at noon, tomorrow. In the meantime, were just trying to keep him comfortable and his BP under control.

For any of you who don't know, dad has been a Guzzisti since he first bought his (now mine) '74 Police Eldo in 1976. Here he is with my mom on it in the late 70s at Sturgis

And in case any of you missed it earlier in this thread, here he is at Cedar Vale with that same Eldo, now that he's passed it on to me.

'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3655 on: July 08, 2021, 01:21:48 PM »
Thank you JC.
Please keep your guzzi family up to date as we will have you in our thoughts in each of our way.

Dan/Danny

Offline PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #3656 on: July 08, 2021, 02:14:11 PM »
Sending best wishes JC...hope all goes well tomorrow!
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3657 on: July 08, 2021, 03:18:19 PM »
Best wishes to you and your father, JC   :thumb:
John L 

Online Dharma Bum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3658 on: July 09, 2021, 09:48:53 AM »
Pulling for your dad!!

Offline JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3659 on: July 09, 2021, 12:42:12 PM »
Thanks everyone. Yesterday was touch and go, but we got him through to the surgery. They took him back about an hour and a half ago, and they should be done operating in about another 3 hours.
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here