Author Topic: V7III-D - Accessories and Break-In  (Read 6808 times)

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
Re: V7III-D - Accessories and Break-In
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2019, 06:41:17 PM »
Nice bikes , but what I really want is to talk to your kids again  :grin:

Dusty

Err, that sound a little creepy Dusty! :wink:
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2019, 06:52:23 PM »

Thirty, yeah it will. I'll take a pic from another angle that shows it better. Fwiw SATO has sliders for the MKII and earlier models which are a different part number from the latter MKIII models I'm guessing because they changed the length of the spacer.

When I bought Over Racing sliders for the MkI they were designed for the earlier/thinner jug V7C 2tb models so I had an albumin spacer made and used longer bolts to compensate. I wonder if Over Racing stopped selling their version because they realized the 1TB needed something longer and they didn't bother to update it.

Err, that sound a little creepy Dusty! :wink:

Nah, ha ha, it just seemed for a while that every time Dusty called we were both on a family vacation AND were simultaneously in the car so the call went to Bluetooth and the speakers so the kids could participate. So he got an earful.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2019, 07:46:09 AM »
Would those sliders hit the ground before your cylinder head does? I assume they would but only ask since they look deceptive in your pics

I'm back in town now.... I imagine it would depend how the bike landed and the surface itself but I think the possibilities are good.

Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2019, 08:42:56 AM »
Hey Kev,

Bike looks great!  Like you, I only do a complete wash of my bikes once a year. I do keep the tank fairings and windshields clean throughout the riding season however. I use Windex for bugs and such and I've found that Lucas Speed wax is a great overall dustless wax/cleaner and adds a layer of protection.

Of course I have no idea how that will end up on a matte tank or the carbon bits of your new sweet ride, but I know that all of the black plastic on the Norge and saddlebags it leaves no white residue. Also, sometime back I purchased a couple cans of this aerosol based cleaner wax that also left no white residue.

upload png

Thanks for the kind words all.

Muzz, no the sliders aren't quite at the right angle/location to be highway pegs. But Jenn can do 300 mile days on the Monster so I don't think it's an issue lol.

Ok to follow up on the cleaners.

I wash the bikes about once a year. So what I really want is something I can spray on and wipe away a little grime once in a while.

Do any of the aforementioned products work well that way?!?
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2019, 08:42:56 AM »

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2019, 08:50:31 AM »
Hey Kev,

Bike looks great!  Like you, I only do a complete wash of my bikes once a year. I do keep the tank fairings and windshields clean throughout the riding season however. I use Windex for bugs and such and I've found that Lucas Speed wax is a great overall dustless wax/cleaner and adds a layer of protection.

Of course I have no idea how that will end up on a matte tank or the carbon bits of your new sweet ride, but I know that all of the black plastic on the Norge and saddlebags it leaves no white residue. Also, sometime back I purchased a couple cans of this aerosol based cleaner wax that also left no white residue.

upload png

Thanks for the tip!
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2019, 12:11:54 PM »

* Found herself obsessed with trying to get the average fuel mileage to max on the way home. Don't think I'll ever match her numbers. But it will be interesting to see how close the gauge is at the next fill-up.

We snuck out for a few more miles this past week. Break-in is coming along nicely at 350 miles.

However, with regards to the above, I'm sad to report the avge mpg display is not just a little off, it appears to be completely fictitious. So much so I have to join others in wondering if it's calibrated to imperial gallons.

Low fuel light came on at about 200 miles (like my MkI), and we added a little over 4 gallons.

Now it doesn't have a centerstand and I probably filled it on the side stand the time before, but this time it was upright.

So even if I deduct a couple of tenths of a gallon for that difference it still works out to about 50 mpg and not the 64+ which was in the avge display at time of filling.

Has anyone confirmed the dash calibration or if there's a way to change it?

No matter, even if it "only" turns ~50 mpg (and it may go up after break-in) that's still an impressive range with that tank, should mean a similar 250+ miles as my Stone.

Life is good.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2019, 01:27:52 PM »
Yeah, it was set to Imp Gallons, easy fix on settings menu.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2019, 01:42:56 PM »
I've used them all.  The matt paint stuff from GuzziTech is superior.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2019, 01:48:51 PM »
Yeah, it was set to Imp Gallons, easy fix on settings menu.

:thumb:
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline Thunderbutt

• Hatchling
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2019, 07:58:04 AM »
Hi Kev- great write up and family. Ref what to use on your tank, I have a 2003 Aprilia Mille which also has the Matt black finish.  I asked the dealer what to use when I bought the bike and he recommended Pledge furniture polish.  I mist it on and gently buff it off with a Terry cloth towel.  Works great even occasional gas droplets bead right up and wipe off easily.
I use regular auto soap to wash the bike and any bugs usually come right off.  Good luck with the new bike.

Jerry
Current rides: 2000 V-11 Sport-SOLD, 2003 Aprilia Mille Haga Replica #125, 1975 Triumph T160, 2002 LeMans, 2008 Norge aka the silver bullet

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2019, 11:05:53 AM »
Nice post..
Exciting times, you are a fortunate bastard, (but you already knew that).
Love the couch in the shop

Offline LBC Tenni

• Hatchling
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2019, 06:41:57 PM »
I’ve been using this stuff from the folks who make Startron fuel additive:

Excellent product that seems to be providing good UV protection. I got it from Amazon, but have seen it on the shelf at a dealership too.
2011 GRiSO SE8V Tenni

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here