Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: How good are these Tom Toms ?
« Last post by 9fingers on Today at 05:24:11 PM »
I have the Rider 550 and it finds amazing routes through places no one goes. But it also took me on a trail, down a hill to a rocky stream crossing......on my V7III. I would have done it on the V Strom but not Sophia. You can program it to avoid unpaved areas but sometimes it slips up. Still, fantastic device.
scott
General Discussion / Re: Triples
« Last post by Travlr on Today at 05:22:55 PM »
Congrats Mike ! Still have the zephyr?

Missed you at Mecum Turin.  The big Zeph went to a Kawasaki collector in Cal.

Mike
General Discussion / Re: Grimeca Brake Calipers -Semi Guzzi Content
« Last post by SIR REAL ED on Today at 05:22:23 PM »
Nock, nock: Correct. Sir Real.

It began as a race bike. The guy building it road raced various 2 strokes. He wanted bigger & better but got worse instead, Wrong frame choice. Wrong fork, poor wheels, yada - - - - . It's for sale. I have a new pair of polished stainless HiggsSpeed tuned exhaust, plus a NOS GT frame & swing arm. Pictures available.  Good fortune,  R3~

I for one would like to see pictures.  If you don't want to post them, please send them to me in a private message.
General Discussion / Re: Jay Leno gets clotheslined by wire
« Last post by Huzo on Today at 05:16:09 PM »
Yeah, your comments are sarcastic and obnoxious.  And it has nothing to do with Australia.
Subjective assessment, but equally valid as a point of view.
« Last post by Air-Cooled on Today at 04:45:24 PM »
Yeah, your comments are sarcastic and obnoxious.  And it has nothing to do with Australia.
« Last post by Huzo on Today at 04:39:27 PM »
Enzo, I fully understand your meaning of 'poor guy.'  He's a likable motorcyclist who first got burned and now with broken bones. That's some bad misfortune.  The reply from another member asking if Leno was "unwell or something"  was sarcastic and IMO inappropriate.  And the "he didn't read mine"  about the article was equally obnoxious.
Okaayyy then…
In Australia if you want to make a point of some magnitude, you suggest something of equally small importance.
Like…
There was an earthquake in New Zealand 9.0 on the Richter scale…
We’d say…
“Jeez mate, ya’ had a little bit of a shake recently..”
It’s “dark’ or “non politically correct” and when deilivered in the direction of a rough and tumble character like JL, it’s considered welcome.
But just like our hero, sometimes the joke is ok, just the wrong people in the audience..
Sarcastic…?
Perhaps just a little.
« Last post by Air-Cooled on Today at 04:29:39 PM »
It might be a language difference, I did not mean poor in any ironic sense having to do with wealth. Poor as in unfortunate circumstances. Privilege, fame, and fortune don't save the corporeal body. He's an elderly man with injuries that are tough to heal at that age.

He's indeed very likable. I met him briefly when he gave a tour of his Burbank garage to me and a bunch of other riders last year. Not many people can walk up to a bunch of riders on antique bikes and quickly observe what features and modifications were in place enabling the bikes to be ridden cross country more reliably, and shoot the shit about them with the riders. He's certainly keen on old bikes.

Enzo, I fully understand your meaning of 'poor guy.'  He's a likable motorcyclist who first got burned and now with broken bones. That's some bad misfortune.  The reply from another member asking if Leno was "unwell or something"  was sarcastic and IMO inappropriate.  And the "he didn't read mine"  about the article was equally obnoxious.

My Airhawk....
General Discussion / Re: Cadre cycle Raffle
« Last post by kballowe on Today at 04:15:13 PM »
HA !

I just bought the wining ticket !

:bike-037:
« Last post by Moparnut72 on Today at 04:07:37 PM »
Jay also got upsidedown riding with Riggle in the Hemi Under Glass. He wasn't hurt.
kk
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Crusty Cycle, Vintage Moto Guzzi Parts
Ambassador, Eldorado, 850T, T3, 1000SP, G5, Convert, etc. Good Prices - Fast Shipping
http://www.crustycycle.com
Advertise Here