Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / V50 BAP petcock rebuild kits?
« Last post by jamesfjamesf on March 18, 2024, 06:47:08 PM »
Mine weep a bit - one when shut off still leaks a bit into the fuel line, and the other leaks out the front. I'm coming up with zero hits trying to search for it (here and on google) unless I want to buy a new petcock. Are rebuild kits just not available?

thanks,
jim
General Discussion / Re: Rear Gear box rebuild-which needle bearing type?
« Last post by n3303j on March 18, 2024, 05:38:28 PM »
John changed all the bearings so I'm sure alignment has changed too.
General Discussion / Re: Dellortos on an 1100
« Last post by wirespokes on March 18, 2024, 04:09:08 PM »
I've got some 40mm Dells, so why not? I see no reason 36s wouldn't work also.

Ignition? I don't know yet. You mentioned changing the flywheel - hadn't planned on doing that much, but mine has only the TDC marked and nothing else. I'll need to change that - either mark it myself or swap flywheels.
General Discussion / Re: New Battery for 850 T3
« Last post by n3303j on March 18, 2024, 03:53:01 PM »
Odyssey 925 is a drop in fit on my stock T3. It's 15 years old and still works excellently. I like the big battery because everyone uses my charging ports at the campsites.

Few years back I had problems with the Bosch starter going intermittent. I replaced it with the Valeo from EME. It works so much better than the Bosch ever did. The gear reduction lowers cranking amps while maintaining cranking speed. It's also a bit lighter.

Between the Odyssey and the Valeo the T3 comes to life no matter what the weather.
General Discussion / Re: V7 II Cylinder Knock
« Last post by Dirk_S on March 18, 2024, 03:06:52 PM »
Just a wild-ass thought, but could it be a flat lobe on the camshaft?

Certainly worth the thought, I suppose. How would I even check that without dissembling the motor completely? Only way I can think is removing one of the cylinders (once again) and sticking a borescope down in and faced upward to view the cam from below?
General Discussion / Re: New Battery for 850 T3
« Last post by guzzisteve on March 18, 2024, 03:04:30 PM »
This is what I have in all 3 of mine, been lasting 12yrs          12V 34AH AGM U1 group some have been a UPS batt for computer back-up or sun storage. No issues ever and cost $100 or better. Only one is Chinese & doing well. I get them at Batt + store

https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/battery/sla-sealed-lead-acid/12/sladc12=35j
« Last post by jrt on March 18, 2024, 02:51:21 PM »
Just a wild-ass thought, but could it be a flat lobe on the camshaft?
« Last post by Dirk_S on March 18, 2024, 01:31:13 PM »
Any updates?
I'm thinking I may have the same issue to resolve but no one knows the cause of the sound.

Not yet. Had to take a step back due to moving and a good load of freelance on the plate. My next attempt at locating the source will be replacing the rockers. I’ve since purchased a salvage V7 III, and want to try to fix the remedy the issue causing the chatter on the V7 II before I sell it.
« Last post by Stingray on March 18, 2024, 01:13:21 PM »
Any updates?
I'm thinking I may have the same issue to resolve but no one knows the cause of the sound.
General Discussion / New Battery for 850 T3
« Last post by tonyduc on March 18, 2024, 01:12:33 PM »
All
The battery I have used for the past 3 seasons always was a bit weak for cranking power but now it’s in decline. It’s a Yuasa YB16hlacx rated at 20ah(20hr) and 240A(CCA). I’ve seen posted elsewhere here that Cali owners have had luck with Odyssey's PC680. This would fit my T3, the 925 is a tight fit.
Haynes says the battery should be 32 A. Just curious what is the rating specification that matters, 20 hrs or CCA ? The specs for Odyssey pc 680 says 170 CCA, but Cali owners seem happy with it.

BTW, as far as charging the voltage at the battery terminals is 13.9 - 14.2 @ 2,000 rpm, so it seems my alternator is good.
Thanks
Tony
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here