Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: It's May already - what bikes are ya buying ?
« Last post by MedicAndy on May 26, 2024, 09:45:36 PM »
I'm going a different route this year..... I'm going to sell all but two of my 1100 Sport's. I will then buy me the new BMW R1300GS Adventure sometime towards the end of this year.

But for now, I pulled the trigger a couple of weeks ago and bought me a new 2024 Toyota 4Runner TRD-Off Road Premium. I'm going to convert this vehicle into an overnighter / trail hunter / off-road adventure vehicle. I'm looking now, as I'm getting older, for more creature comforts, especially since riding a bike for more than six to eight hours a day had never been my thing. I'm actually looking forward with getting the 4Runner setup as a camping vehicle, and then eventually getting the BMW and pull it on a trailer behind the 4Runner to wherever I like to go on vacation.

This is my new 4Runner:

And this is what it should look like in a couple of month. I'm going to lift the suspension about three inches, install a steel front bumper with a wench, roof rack, light bars, bigger wheels with off-road tires, and a couple of other upgrades.

General Discussion / Re: SP1000 Fairing Questions
« Last post by Cdn850T5NT on May 26, 2024, 09:32:43 PM »

unikey vietnamese keyboard

This is my old SP with the Gustaffson " sport bubble" wind shield. I also installe a strip of Seang edging to the shield which helped with wind noise. I don't see it on their web site anymore so you may have to call and ask for it. I liked it a lot. It looked sportier and was very stable at speed. I also got rid of the full lowers and replaced them with the airfoil wedge from a Le Mans III. My stock dampener was pooched years ago and I found no need to replace it.

Steve M

I think you meant "saeng" - {Sargent (sp?) Engineering}. Or Saunders Engineering (?).
General Discussion / Re: No dash lights, then engine died
« Last post by n3303j on May 26, 2024, 09:05:13 PM »
ACF50 would not be my choice for electrical connections. Caig DeoxIT would.
DeoxIT is a cleaner as far as I can tell.
ACF-50 is a preservative and lubricant.

So DeoxIT to clean the stuff up.
Then ACF-50 to keep it from re-oxidizing and keep it lubricated.
Spray that stuff liberally into all handlebar switches and they work and last forever. Fill the connectors and they stay connected. FAA approved for all aircraft electronics as it will not damage any non metallic parts. Super penetrant. So it gets to all associated parts of the switches.

I put that s#it on everything!

« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on May 26, 2024, 08:55:29 PM »
ACF50 would not be my choice for electrical connections. Caig DeoxIT would.
General Discussion / Re: VHB 29 Mixture Screw ?
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on May 26, 2024, 08:53:42 PM »
You don't - there is no o-ring anywhere on the mixture screws of VHBs used on Big Block Guzzis. Same with the idle stop screw.

If anyone is interested, in the interests of simplicity, I am going to post photos and comments here:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/dr-skorpion.1734687/

General Discussion / Re: V 7 stone corsa first ride
« Last post by quantalume on May 26, 2024, 08:36:23 PM »
I picked up my Corsa a couple of days ago from Motiv Cycleworks in OKC. This is my first Guzzi. So far I am very impressed. It is perhaps the only bike (this is my 13th) that I felt immediately comfortable and confident on. The ergonomics are spot on for me.

However, that school-bus-sized tail light has to go. I already have the Euro version on its way to me.
General Discussion / VHB 29 Mixture Screw ?
« Last post by Bad Two Stroke on May 26, 2024, 08:33:47 PM »
VHB 29, Big Twin 850. How do you install the O ring for the mixture screw?? Does it slide over the mixture screw or do you install it at the end of the mixture screw. Seems like it should be easy to figure it out, but I can't reason out how it should be installed. Thanks in advance.   :bow:
« Last post by PeteS on May 26, 2024, 08:21:24 PM »
These still have a diode board? Thats the first place I would look. Make sure all the spade lugs are tight and donít have signs  of overheating from poor connections.

Pete
General Discussion / Re: It's May already - what bikes are ya buying ?
« Last post by Enyapj18 on May 26, 2024, 08:20:43 PM »

I just pick up a left over stock 2023 v7 special yesterday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here