Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: New Stelvio accessories
« Last post by Trialsman on May 28, 2024, 05:13:59 PM »
Check the new tall windscreen from Givi.  I just got one and it works very nicely.
General Discussion / Re: Eastern TN/Pre TOTD lodging suggestions
« Last post by Chuck in Indiana on May 28, 2024, 05:12:10 PM »
Have a great trip, Kip! Unfortunately, WG is a shadow of it's former self. A few years ago, you would have had more recommendations than you could shake a stick at, but for whatever reason, those guys (and girls) are gone.  :sad:
General Discussion / Re: Waiting for the light to change in neutral
« Last post by mr_pacman on May 28, 2024, 04:37:06 PM »
Evidently, few of us posting here rode British motorcycles in those thrilling days of yesteryear. If you attempted to ride your Triumph, BSA or what-have-you across town and held the clutch released at the first stoplight, you no longer HAD a clutch as you continued your ride. So you waited at lights in neutral every time. You found that neutral before you came to a stop. It formed like a habit deep down in your soul...and decades after you rode your last bike with the shift lever on the right, you could NOT sit at a light with the clutch disengaged. Not for love, nor for money.

I'm going to test the bike going from neutral to first when it's warm and see what the success rate is. When cold and first starting up, getting the bike from N to 1st is a chore. I select 1st, hear a slight click, release clutch and nothing. I go back to N, try to get into first with no luck. I rock the bike back and forth and it eventually goes in. This is why I usually stay in 1st gear with the clutch lever in at lights as I'm terrified of going to neutral, light turns green and I can't get it back into first and someone rear ends me. 

Perhaps it will go back into first better once everything is warmed up
General Discussion / Re: Clutch issues
« Last post by tris on May 28, 2024, 03:36:58 PM »
That's cunning GS :thumb:

I've been wondering if switching to short levers might be an option.

I already use the lever down at the pivot end, so loosing the end that touches the bar first might buy me enough wriggle room

Does that make any sense??
General Discussion / Re: Waiting for the light to change in neutral
« Last post by MerleLowe on May 28, 2024, 03:35:04 PM »
This topic is just too tempting to NOT weigh in on.

I am in the "put it in neutral" camp.

Like many oldsters here, I was taught to put it in neutral based on the theory of not wearing out the throwout bearing on a car/truck. Same logic applies with a motorcycle, which DOES have a throwout bearing of sorts.

But imagine yourself sitting at the head of the line with cross-traffic in front of you, on a dynamic system with 60+ HP of latent energy being held back by your squeezed hand, and the clutch cable/hyd line:

A. Frays and snaps that last wire that kept it operational
B. Looses the crimped ball-end because it was defective from the manufacturer
C. Hyd clutch line fails under pressure at a weak point that has been weakening for a long time with no symptoms
D. You have a sudden muscle spasm, stroke, or any other malady that causes you to release the clutch lever

As we say in the aircraft biz: Bad things happen fast.

At idle there's only enough power to keep the engine ticking over.  If the cable breaks it will just stall.  Maybe it'll lurch and you fall over.

Does anyone have data available on bearing failures?
General Discussion / New Stelvio accessories
« Last post by sgl0226 on May 28, 2024, 03:02:35 PM »
Iím looking for a little more wind protection on my new Stelvio.  Any windshield recommendations would be appreciated.  Also looking for tail luggage that holds about 50L.  I had a top case on my V85tt but rarely needed it so I figure a piece of luggage/roll bag would make more sense. 
How's the shoulder holding up, Bob?  Riding ok, I hope.
If I didn't have my Cal 1400T, I'd be on my 1980 SP1000NT.   :grin:  Large gas tank and excellent for cruising in the American Outback.   :thumb:  There are parts of the U.S. where I look at a map (remember those) and calculate distance for my mileage range.  Looking at a GPS map doesn't guarantee that the town that shows is actually alive with a working gas station.  🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
General Discussion / Re: IL 2024 Bring Your Owen Everything May Campout
« Last post by guzzisteve on May 28, 2024, 12:59:28 PM »
Way to Go!!! Now to renew the Springfield campout in Petersburg. I heard the Howling at the coyotes clear down here.
General Discussion / Re: No dash lights, then engine died
« Last post by Groover on May 28, 2024, 12:45:12 PM »
Did the test posted and quoted by ohiorider in this thread, and it's definitely the rotor. I'll be replacing that hopefully later today (weather dependent, no garage)

https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=78054.0

I'll follow up with the "for sure" once it's all set and done, but looks like the rotor is it.

Thanks again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here