Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
If the big bearing is seated fully in the cover, the inner race does not seat against the shaft flange on the opposite side. It has .050 inch clearance. Allowing the shaft with the crown gear to push away from the pinion gear as it is pushed through the inner bearing race toward the cover side. Increasing clearance.   

I'm not sure what you mean. The crown wheel assembly floats in the big bearing. You need to 'load' it away from the pinion gear when you check the clearance and alignment.
General Discussion / V7II rear tire
« Last post by mechanicsavant on Today at 07:57:58 AM »
I’m sure it’s been mentioned here before, but has a 140 Cross section rear tire been fitted to a V7II ? Any issues ? It seems I am having “issues” finding a radial in the 130 size . All help appreciated in advance!
General Discussion / Re: Rear Tail Light Lens - 1973 - Eldo...
« Last post by Sprouty115 on Today at 07:50:37 AM »
The last one is what you want.   

Buying it will mean you will find your lens exactly where you squirreled it away soon after the purchase.   :laugh:
Thanks.
Now heading off to the basement to do one more clean/search before I hit order...
General Discussion / Re: Rear Tail Light Lens - 1973 - Eldo...
« Last post by Dave Swanson on Today at 07:31:46 AM »
The last one is what you want.   

Buying it will mean you will find your lens exactly where you squirreled it away soon after the purchase.   :laugh:
General Discussion / Re: Irish food for St. Patrick’s Day
« Last post by Kev m on Today at 07:10:23 AM »
Dad was born in Dublin and raised between there (his mom was a school teacher) and the little town of Ballinamuck (meaning: pig in the mud) where he spent summers on his mom's families farm. He immigrated to the US shortly after WWII on a converted troop ship.

My grandmother was a lovely woman, who was not blessed with any talent in the kitchen. Like my Italian mother, who ironically was an awful cook as well, my grandmother could make any piece of meat chewy with what seemed like little effort. She could however make soda bread and I remember it fondly.

That said dad had an affinity for certain Irish foods and he'd import them regularly. I grew up with a steady supply of black and white pudding as well as Irish bangers.

I have sources for them in the US now and the kids enjoy them with me on a somewhat regular basis.

We took the kids to Ireland for the first time right before Co Vid became a thing and it chased us out of Ireland (the morning after all the pubs in Dublin closed, it was a weird night).

But we'd already enjoyed a little more than a week there. The kids and I spread some of dad's ashes at his grandmother's and great grandfather's grave behind the church where dad and his brother had their confirmation.

The kids enjoyed "modern Irish" cuisine while we were there. They ate lots of Curry Chicken Chops and more than their share of Bangers and Mash.

Which brings me to last night's dinner... we almost always have Banger's and Mash followed by our annual viewing of the Quiet Man.

"I can't say it's true, but I won't say it's not" - Father Lonergan

General Discussion / Re: Irish food for St. Patrick’s Day
« Last post by Guzzistajohn on Today at 06:58:26 AM »
Erin go bra-less :thumb:  We had our corned beef n cabbage, with rye and horseradish. So good.
General Discussion / Re: clutch
« Last post by Chuck in Indiana on Today at 06:34:21 AM »
You're ok. The only single plate clutch bikes were Scura, Tenni, and that shiny red one.. can't think of the name at this minute. :smiley:
Oh, and what Ratso sez. The V11S forum is *the* authority on the last of the real Guzzis.  :evil:
General Discussion / Rear Tail Light Lens - 1973 - Eldo...
« Last post by Sprouty115 on Today at 06:32:26 AM »
So over the winter I cleaned up my panniers.  I replaced the wiring, replaced some loose rivets, and also cleaned up the tail light/brake light wiring.  And...somehow in the process, I managed to misplace my tail light lens.  After 3-days of looking everywhere I can think of, I've decided to pay the stupid tax and just buy another one - unfortunately, I'm struggling a bit to figure out what the proper lens is.

This is my tail light assembly and the only picture of the lens I have...

image hosting service free

I started with Harper's where it gives me this for part number: #12741720 but it is NLA according them.

So then I went to Crusty Cycle which has this:

upload pics to internet

But it's a different part number and it looks like it comes with a gasket, which mine didn't have.

This looks correct, but it's just not in good enough shape for me (and it's $150...)

And finally, there is this:

Which certainly looks like it will fit, but I'd like to be sure before I spend $40.

Any help would be appreciated...

General Discussion / Re: clutch
« Last post by Ratso88 on Today at 04:48:49 AM »
Check over at V11Lemans.com also.

There is a pretty active group of V11 techs and lots of good info on spine frame Guzzis in general.

General Discussion / Re: Ear candy
« Last post by Anomaly on Today at 03:34:12 AM »
Latest word is April 6 in Cork…
:grin:  :bike-037:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here