Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
General Discussion / Re: WildGuzzi Tag-O-Rama
« Last post by JStorm on April 16, 2024, 11:57:49 PM »
After work ride with my son. Stopped by a local park. This castle was never completed but draws many folks daily to hike the surrounding trails, enjoy the lawn or just walk around.

General Discussion / Re: Squeaky Cali II
« Last post by bigbikerrick on April 16, 2024, 11:31:19 PM »
Denso alternator between the carbs, good that you caught that brider.......Hmmm, that sounds strange, for a tonti framed bike. Pics?    :popcorn:
Rick
General Discussion / Re: Set-screw size?
« Last post by nc43bsa on April 16, 2024, 10:30:14 PM »
In the past, I've used a cut-off M4.5 cap screw and cut a screwdriver slot in the cut end.
« Last post by Matt Story on April 16, 2024, 10:25:30 PM »
The M4.5 crossed my mind, but I dismissed it.

For reference, those diameters are very close:

4.5mm = 0.177"
#10(3/16) = 0.1875"
5mm = 0.197"
« Last post by Air-Cooled on April 16, 2024, 10:15:34 PM »
I found one source for M4.5 set screws -- in England. My guess is the Aprilia used M4.5.  M4 is too small, M5 is too large.  Time to find a used turn signal and grab the screw.  Oh and Locktite as well!
General Discussion / Re: Bad Idea? Norge Sportifed
« Last post by Guzzistajohn on April 16, 2024, 10:00:34 PM »
I’d recommend a die grinder :thumb:
General Discussion / Re: Wont Crank Over
« Last post by cappisj1 on April 16, 2024, 09:32:24 PM »
Had the no start click twice on my 08 Norge. First time it already had the starter fix done by prior owner. I cleaned all connections. Changed the starter. Nothing helped. The battery tested fine on my volt meter. Put a new battery in it. Problem went away.

4-5 years later it started clicking again. I put in a new battery and it’s been fine for 2 years now.

I am no fan of the black art of electricity but a new battery always fixes the issue. Another thing is before changing the battery a jump box or even a battery charger added to the old battery would always make it start. You can go through the pain but I would start with a fresh battery. 

The extra starter button if a fix if you don’t want to jump it to start it when the battery just doesn’t have the juice to make it to past that solenoid.
« Last post by snobear on April 16, 2024, 09:25:21 PM »
There is an aftermarket Desno alternator mounted between the carbs.  Thanks for the tip on the grease.
« Last post by brider on April 16, 2024, 09:20:54 PM »
I removed the alternator belt but no change. 

?? :huh: Alternator belt on a Cal II? Your bio sez '87 Cal II, isn't the alt mounted to the front crankshaft?
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on April 16, 2024, 09:07:22 PM »
Is it still running points? If so, you'll want to lube the cam with something more than oil. Bosch Distributor Grease is my recommendation.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here