Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
General Discussion / Re: Why multis are better - Nerd-alert!
« Last post by SIR REAL ED on April 17, 2024, 09:07:01 AM »
I prefer the simplicity and maintainability of a 90 degree V-twin, along with its smoothness relative to a four and the way the twin generally packages into a better handling bike.  The point made earlier about the power peak of the engine being closer to the cruising RPM of the engine is also a good one.  Another view is that if you take half of a modern, fairly compact 180 HP four you get the same power band etc as the larger engine but with half the weight and with 90 HP - which is plenty.   That’s why vertical twins have become so popular in recent years, along with lower cost of production than a V-twin.

Very true.  I remember when the Kawasaki Ninja 500 came out (1987?).  Cycle magazine praised the bike while noting it was essentially one half of a Ninja 1000.

About 10 years later, I had the change to ride a Ninja 500 and was extremely impressed.  A surprisingly underrated bike IMO.

Now of course the modern twins are vastly improved.
General Discussion / No acceleration passed 3rd
« Last post by 850brian on April 17, 2024, 09:04:15 AM »
Hello all, I have a 1975 850t that I am restoring. I thought I had it road ready; however, it seems something is not quite right. Just got back from a test drive and it has decent power up until about 40mph and about 3rd gear and then it seems that no matter how high the rpms are there is no acceleration like at all. Any thoughts?
« Last post by Tusayan on April 17, 2024, 08:57:44 AM »
I prefer the simplicity and maintainability of a 90 degree V-twin, along with its smoothness relative to a four and the way the twin generally packages into a better handling bike.  The point made earlier about the power peak of the engine being closer to the cruising RPM of the engine is also a good one.  Another view is that if you take half of a modern, fairly compact 180 HP four you get the same power band etc as the larger engine but with half the weight and with 90 HP - which is plenty.   That’s why vertical twins have become so popular in recent years, along with lower cost of production than a V-twin.
General Discussion / Re: Knuckle Duster Head Protectors!
« Last post by dgurovich on April 17, 2024, 08:42:08 AM »
Added a picture.
General Discussion / Re: Set-screw size?
« Last post by Moparnut72 on April 17, 2024, 08:38:28 AM »
Back in 1971 I put a full Avon fairing on my R75/5. It took me a whole day because the forks had to come off as well as the exhaust system. Turn signals, headlight as well as other stuff had to be relocated. But one of the reasons that it took so long was that the fasteners that came with it was a mixture of SAE, metric and Whitworth. It was worth it in the long run, very calm behind it and the rain didn't get in.
kk
« Last post by SIR REAL ED on April 17, 2024, 08:36:49 AM »
Wadda bout less is more?

Always true, virtually, when it comes to opinions on the internet......   :wink:

Which is why Zen Buddhist IT people invented the like button.....
General Discussion / Re: Squeaky Cali II
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on April 17, 2024, 08:33:35 AM »
Denso alternator between the carbs, good that you caught that brider.......Hmmm, that sounds strange, for a tonti framed bike. Pics?    :popcorn:
Rick

https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=119780.msg1869124#msg1869124
General Discussion / Re: Paging Kiwi Roy
« Last post by Manuelagrant on April 17, 2024, 07:33:02 AM »
 Here's hoping he's fine. From Burnaby B.C.
General Discussion / Re: Set-screw size?
« Last post by Frenchfrog on April 17, 2024, 06:30:17 AM »
Europe is not as metric as one would assume : all the European specification plumbing threads are metric adaptations of Imperial measurements for starters .Pipe bores are metric though and go up in steps of 2mm whereas when the British went metric they took the nearest metric size meaning that the two types of pipe have to have special adapters to join.The two types of fittings are however completely interchangeable so I would not be surprised if that is the same for electrical fittings too.
« Last post by kingoffleece on April 17, 2024, 06:26:50 AM »
"And what is good Phaedrus, need we someone to tell us these things?"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here