Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: V85TT ecu remapping
« Last post by Dave Swanson on July 16, 2024, 10:58:12 PM »
ok clear, Beetle maps is the way to go.
one more thing , I read a lot of positive reviews of Vtwinboost device from Mistral, is it woth while when also doing the Beetle remapping?

Vtwinboost with a Beetle map.  Definitely not. 

Mark tells it like it is.  He resides in the no BS zone.  I would trust his expertise and knowledge in this area over marketing hype.
General Discussion / Re: P3 valve clearance
« Last post by Don G on July 16, 2024, 10:12:34 PM »
Thank you Gents! I have aluminium push rods, although they are not what Guzzi first put in, This bike was built in Germany back in the 90s , I have receipts for the work which totalled over 18,000 DM at that time. I will sit down and translate it into English just to see what exactly was done.  It performs well for the lump that it is. Thanks again DonG
General Discussion / Re: V85TT ecu remapping
« Last post by kingoffleece on July 16, 2024, 10:10:36 PM »
Better off buying that bridge in Brooklyn.
General Discussion / Re: Brake pedal adjustment 2021 V7 E5 850?
« Last post by JStorm on July 16, 2024, 09:21:38 PM »
Bumping this up to see if there has been any new developments for changing the height of the toe piece on the brake lever. I've added LSL round pegs to my '23 v7 850 and find with the reduced diameter compared to stock pegs, the toe is too high. Having to lift my foot over the toe piece before applying. Already had a few moments of muscle memory sliding forward into the toe piece instead of sliding over it. I tend to ride on the balls of my feet and closer to level than downward. I actually find myself resting my heels on the heatshield sometimes. I see many offerings of lowering pegs and wonder what folks are doing with the lever. It doesn't appear to be adjustable like the shift lever.

Picture of new peg style for reference. Yes, Agostini rear sets would solve all my problems....tell my chief financial officer, lol

General Discussion / Re: 2014 cali rear end Clunk
« Last post by b48gordo on July 16, 2024, 09:12:52 PM »
thanks for all the looks------i reassembled the rear of bike and found the culprit-------about 2000 miles ago i replaced all the brake pads----after i handled the rear caliper about 4 times the inside puck swung out-----i did not get it in properly.........th ey say confession is good for the soul......on a good note last weekend i picked up a 1976 convert------something old to ease into i guess......
General Discussion / Re: V7 Sport piston/cyl size "CC"?
« Last post by cliffrod on July 16, 2024, 08:32:49 PM »

Millenium charges about $650 to plate two cylinders, and roughly the same to plate the pistons.

??  Please explain.^^^.  I’m unfamiliar with pistons being plated.  They didn’t mention that when I’ve spoken with them.
General Discussion / Re: torque for v7 iii rear caliper banjo bolt
« Last post by mdhen on July 16, 2024, 08:13:25 PM »
I only go 12ftlbs on banjo's on a Tonti. I'll look.

Last time they posted that bolt spec was 2012 and it was 18 ftlbs.  I would do a bit less & change crush washers.
It's not like the bolt is solid, they give same spec for 8mm solid bolts.

Thanks. I think I'll start with 12ft lbs and see if it leaks or not.
General Discussion / Re: V7 Sport piston/cyl size "CC"?
« Last post by Missionguzzi on July 16, 2024, 08:02:36 PM »
The "CC" could be a double stamp, but maybe "intentional".  It's on both pistons and both jugs.  Don't think that would be just a random error.
As mentioned, I've rebuilt perhaps 25 or so old (pre-Nigusil) Guzzi engines in the past few decades, just as a hobby.  I know some pros out there have done many more.  In all those, maybe 1/3 had perfect chrome, 1/4 had really stripped out chrome, and the remainder had minor flaking at the top of the bore, mostly in the squish zone of the combustion chamber.  I changed any that were damaged with Nigusil kits or had them plated elsewhere.  Those with good chrome, usually mid- to high-mileage, I figure were made on "good days", when the plating process was all in spec (temperatures, solution, duration, cleanliness, etc).  If any of those parameters go out of spec, it will affect the plating quality, even if it "looks" fine.
I never had to turn a crank for excessive wear or galling.  All have been standard and in good shape.  Maybe just lucky?  I tend to think these were generally pretty good components, as people rode older Guzzis MANY miles before needing rebuilds, even the old, pre-filter models.  I believe proper care (oil changes) and climate make a difference.  Bikes I've gotten in the dry southwest seem to be in better shape than those which come from humid places, particularly the Gulf coast, with warm, humid and salty air.
Millenium charges about $650 to plate two cylinders, and roughly the same to plate the pistons.  They like to do these together in order to size them correctly.  That's more than I want to spend, and I don't believe it's necessary with the good chrome on this 23K mileage bike.
General Discussion / Re: A question for the Convert owners
« Last post by TOMB on July 16, 2024, 07:48:29 PM »
I have a few pairs in the collection --basically take offs from other Converts.

As a side note I also have a pair from the factory (really early) I that are stamped metal.

I've moved a few times so as to which box there in is the great mystery.

TOMB
General Discussion / Re: A question for the Convert owners
« Last post by bigbikerrick on July 16, 2024, 06:57:22 PM »
Not only do they "look cool", but they also over up those big, ugly horns,and their wiring! :grin:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here