General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

1965 Benelli / Motobi 200 Sprite

<< < (18/24) > >>

Lotus54:
I just read through the thread- great work!  I appreciate the specs on the cranks.  I’m splitting a 250 5 speed due to shifting issues, even though it only have some 1500 miles since new. 
I may have to cut off the flywheel also- but I’m going to give it a few more heat/cold cycles and try some of the ‘freeze and loosen’ penetrating stuff.  I guess get it hot, freeze it and hope it gets in there and maybe I can get it loose.

Canuck750:

--- Quote from: Lotus54 on March 03, 2023, 09:39:03 AM ---I just read through the thread- great work!  I appreciate the specs on the cranks.  I’m splitting a 250 5 speed due to shifting issues, even though it only have some 1500 miles since new. 
I may have to cut off the flywheel also- but I’m going to give it a few more heat/cold cycles and try some of the ‘freeze and loosen’ penetrating stuff.  I guess get it hot, freeze it and hope it gets in there and maybe I can get it loose.

--- End quote ---

I have rebuilt a couple 200 - 4 speed engines. In both cases I assemble the selector drum, input and output shafts only, then bolt up the cases. Check the end float of each shaft. You can wiggle a screwdriver under a gear and feel how much the input and output moves. I have had to add shims to the shafts to get the gear surfaces to align and the shaft to have very little movement. Too much slip and the shift digs will bind.

Muzz:
Again, appreciate the work you do Jim. Excellent with the photos and the descriptions.

Fingers crossed that it fires up perfectly.

Canuck750:

--- Quote from: Muzz on March 05, 2023, 12:35:11 AM ---Again, appreciate the work you do Jim. Excellent with the photos and the descriptions.

Fingers crossed that it fires up perfectly.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Muz!
As soon as my doctor gives me the ok to swing a leg and try kick starting I am on it.

kballowe:
Excellent thread !  Thanks for sharing !

:thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version