Author Topic: Indy has a major new Guzzi dealer  (Read 660 times)

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
Indy has a major new Guzzi dealer
« on: June 08, 2023, 11:11:39 AM »
If you know open wheel racing you’ll know the owner.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline Vecchio Lupo

• Diplomatico Di Moto
  • Hatchling
  • "sounds like me"
Re: Indy has a major new Guzzi dealer
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 11:18:22 AM »
AJ Foyt bought a franchise?? What's he doing so far from Texas? You might have to narrow it down a bit if you want us to guess.
Moto Guzzi "Going out of business since 1921"
Italian motorcycles are like Italian women,...sometimes they stab you for no reason.
RIP Harold "Dutch" Prattini ,...you taught me more than you know.

Offline bmc5733946

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 03:49:12 PM »
Graham Rahal      (sp?)

Brian
1989 MILLE GT 
2004 BREVA 750     
1975  Convert

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 03:54:54 PM »
Come on guys, I got you this far, I'll bet one of you can figure out how a search engine works.
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 03:54:54 PM »

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 07:07:09 PM »
<snapping suspenders? What's a search engine? Does Honda make it?
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 07:51:10 PM »
I went through Guzzi's dealer locator. Looked at the building as going down street. Next to a gas station. Good Luck to them.
I haven't gone to our Moto Plex dealer, 80mi of traffic & back. Not buying anything newer than my 98EV. Done buying long time ago.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Enzo Toma

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 07:54:57 PM »
Seems weird to make a post as if it's a mystery to solve. Not like the guy's name is forbidden from being written.

https://www.ibj.com/articles/graham-rahal-to-open-piaggio-motorcycle-dealership-in-carmel

Offline Navydad

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2023, 07:53:55 AM »
What exactly is a LUXURY motorcycle dealership? Is it like a RESORT hotel. They can charge double because they use an upbeat word in the description?

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2023, 08:44:00 AM »
I think it means its not a old school mom and pop.

Think modern upscale environment.  Probably not something that’s gone to appeal to curmudgeons ( see Steve’s post above) but they aren’t going to buy a new Guzzi anyway.  Hopefully, it will appeal to younger people with money to spend.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/212423367799058

June 6 at 11:01 AM  ·
The Grand Opening of Rahal Piaggio Indianapolis is getting closer, and we can hardly contain our excitement! 🎉⏳⁠ ⁠

⁠Our team has been hard at work preparing to welcome you on opening day. Discover the exciting progress we've made on our new building with the location included in the map! ⁠🗺⁠

Be sure to keep an eye out for the announcement of our opening date! ✨⁠

Contact Us⁠
📧sales@rahalpiaggio.com⁠
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 08:54:32 AM by bad Chad »
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2023, 08:55:23 AM »
Still old farts around here buying new Guzzis. Don't think I have met any MG riders here under 50 and vast majority over 65. Didn't think there were many "young" people with enough money for new toys.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline kidsmoke

• Gaggle Hero
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2023, 09:26:57 AM »
What exactly is a LUXURY motorcycle dealership? Is it like a RESORT hotel. They can charge double because they use an upbeat word in the description?

I'd doubt their will be much in the way of haggling going on.

I have good freinds that work for Graham and I'm an occasional visitor at his shop.

Here in Indy, race team facitilites are like the Vatican in Rome. Absolute top of the food chain. Within ten minutes of my house are Andretti, Chip Ganassi, Penske, Carpenter, Rahal(Bobby)/Letterman(Dave)/Lanigan aka RLL racing development facilities. The latter has barely been open a year, and is the first 'anchor' facility in a brand new business development park. It's amazing, over the top, with a shiny Indy car in 2 story glass atrium right off the road to show off to passerby.

Graham Rahal has long been a businessman here in Indy, in addition to his racing pursuits. Years ago he built a facility to house "Graham Rahal Performance" (link: https://www.grahamrahalperformance.com/ )

This shop works on priceless vehicles, when I've been in there after hours, my pal has said, "don't pull your phone our of your pocket, we'll both be in trouble". Everything from one off vintage Porsches to Hemi powered SUV's getting blown out to over 1000hp. Insane stuff.

He then bought a local company that had a proprietary paint protection product, and calls it Rahal Paint Protection. I've seen Lambos and Vintage Rolls getting serviced.

He then added a Ducati franchise. It is hands down the cleanest, flashiest, expansive motorcycle showroom I've ever seen. He's a collector of Ducati's, which are also displayed in the showroom. As far as new motorcycle sales go, this place is a mic drop.

ALL of that is slated to be relocated to an as-yet-to-be-built state of the art 'campus' right next door to Dad in that brand new development park that still only has a single structure, RLL. A year after the announcement of that plan, Rahal announced this Piaggio franchise.

Initially, this shop is going into my old bird seed store, a SMALL dated single story brick retail facility not a 1/2 mile from what will be it's eventual home. They're building it out nicely, but it's really just a placeholder for it's eventual full blown showroom, in the same campus as Ducati. I'm guessing  Aprilia was the main appeal, but I have no idea. Most of the marketing they've had out in the last few weeks since this announcement has been Vespa, and a bit of Aprilia. Take that with a grain of salt.

They do a Ducs and Donuts event at thir current campus that also incorporates a classic car meet. Again...priceless array of iron. From a fleet of Ford GT's both vintage and new, Koenigsegg, next to mopar muscle and studebaker pickups. Brings in a hundred or so cars and a couple of thousand spectators, free coffee and donuts. It's gotten insane. Police directing the flow of traffic. I've stopped going for that reason. BUT, last time I went I rolled in on my 1000S with my pals, and they asked me to put it front of other riders bikes in front of the main entrance, even though that crowd is decidedly sport bike centric.

It's my expectation that the new Piaggio showroom will set a new standard for motorcycle retail, just based on past performance from his group. I'll add a few shots from one of those events just to illustrate the way this guy 'goes to market'. He doesn't half ass it, to say the least.

Hope that lends some context.

this video is a glimpse at his personal collection in the showroom. It's about half of his own bikes that are there.

https://youtu.be/lFVBx5oTGCE

« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 09:31:04 AM by kidsmoke »
'79 G5
'93 1000S
'00 Jackal
'09 GRiSO

Offline kidsmoke

• Gaggle Hero
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2023, 10:02:57 AM »
Still old farts around here buying new Guzzis. Don't think I have met any MG riders here under 50 and vast majority over 65. Didn't think there were many "young" people with enough money for new toys.
GliderJohn

A lot V7's have sold around the country to 30 and 40 somethings.

I just celebrated this gals 40th with she and her husband in France. She just turned 40 and bought that bike from Enzo 5 years ago...

Indiana MGNOC Rep is 31/M
Kentucky MGNOC Rep is 35/M
Ohio MGNOC Rep is 48/F

Each of them enthusistic owners/riders/promoters of the brand. Kentucky and Ohio have two of the better attended Rally's in the country.

Piaggio the fastest growing motorcycle company in North America and Guzzi just had it's best year ever.  Bonnevilles, Enfields, Scramblers are all popular bikes. Could be a future there.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 10:04:19 AM by kidsmoke »
'79 G5
'93 1000S
'00 Jackal
'09 GRiSO

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2023, 02:43:55 PM »
Exactly, young folks are buying new motorcycles, not in the umbers they may have in past decades, but just like back in the day, some have money to play with some don’t.  The key to keep in mind is the vast majority have little to no interest in hanging out on forums like this.
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline Joliet Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Justus Esto, Et Non Metue
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2023, 09:03:35 AM »
GliderJohn

I don't know, my one nephew has a Charger Hellcat and his younger brother has got one of the hot Challengers and is having more engine work done. Both union pipefitters and in there early 20s.
1975 T160 Triumph Trident "Spot"
2002 Cali Stone "Moby Dick"
1998 Centauro "Psycho Chicken"
2003 Buell Blast "Pegasus"

Offline PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2023, 10:17:09 AM »
Great write up Kidsmoke…that 356 looks
Phenomenal!
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here