For those of you in the PA/MD/VA/WV quad state area you may remember Shiley Acres acres and the Summer Jam concerts. I'll be sure to play KIX as I'm grilling
Tomorrow the kiddo doesn't have to go to work so the Memorial day cookout has been moved up a day.
- Black diamond marinated flat iron steaks grilled over lump charcoal
- Mild Italian sausage boiled in beer then charred over lump charcoal
- Peppers and onions sautéed in butter/oil salt and pepper to compliment the steak and sausage
- Drunkin weenies
- Corn on the cob grilled over lump charcoal
- Mac & cheese. trying it with Velveeta this time in hopes its not so dry as other homemade M&C made with various shredded cheeses.
- Caprese salad
- Fruit tray
- Ice cream sandwich cake for dessert.
Black diamond marinade
1/2 cup lite soy and Worcestershire sauces
Couple tablespoons of good Balsamic vinegar.
1/2 tsp +/- of both granulated garlic, onion powder and ground ginger
Big ole squeeze of honey
Lots of fresh ground black pepper.
Mix well then place meats in a leak proof container pour over the marinade and let dwell for 1 to 12 hours in the refrigerator flipping occasionally.
Feels great to be cooking for groups of family and friends again!