Author Topic: V50 III air cleaner housing oil hose routing?  (Read 93 times)

Offline jamesfjamesf

• New Egg
V50 III air cleaner housing oil hose routing?
« on: March 31, 2024, 03:25:25 PM »
I took 62,450 pictures during disassembly but clearly my anticipatory picture skills need some work because the wiring harness and oil hose routing was not sufficiently documented. I've got the wiring mostly routed[1]. Can anyone confirm that the hose with the 90 degree elbow that drains the very back/bottom of the air filter housing gets routed through the gap between the battery tray and frame as shown in the photos? And that it just goes to the atmosphere, not connected on the other end?

Also, how does the oil return hose get from the air cleaner housing to the oil pan? It doesn't want to sneak between the starter and gearbox.

[1] ChuckinIndiana your wonderfully exhaustive thread about the Lario rehab that I was hoping would give me ideas on reinstalling the Dyna coils has lost all the pictures now that Photobucket went TU. But I think I'm ok. There is enough slop in the fit that I could angle them up and then tighten the bolts, so I eventually got them situated so that the secondary wires weren't being squeezed by the frame but I'm not happy with it. I'd really like to get solid aluminum rod for the spacers and drill the bolt holes at an angle but...yea nah...

thanks!
jim

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here