Author Topic: How often do you wash your bike  (Read 14694 times)

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
Re: How often do you wash your bike
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2015, 08:49:42 AM »
Lannis, Tex is right.  Those sweet bike washers refused to touch Tex's bike because it was soooo covered with bugs and dirt.  Ewwwww!   They swatted him away with their towels.

Beaver

Beaver,
Is that your bikini wrapped around his neck?   :wink:
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2015, 09:31:14 AM »
Lannis, Tex is right.  Those sweet bike washers refused to touch Tex's bike because it was soooo covered with bugs and dirt.  Ewwwww!   They swatted him away with their towels.

Beaver

It's a fair cop.

I have NO idea why I missed the fact that the bike hadn't been washed ... Can't imagine how I got distracted ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Online nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2015, 09:34:19 AM »
I'm in the 'meh' category.

When I had a Royal Star Tour Deluxe I found I cleaned it far more than I liked.  It just seemed to demand it.  The odd thing is, first thing after cleaning it, I would find some dusty back road to ride down - some sort of weird compulsion.

Nick

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2015, 10:44:16 AM »
I'll wash it if I've been out in the rain and it's nasty. Normally, just a spray & wipe product of some type.. whatever is on sale. (Guzzi content)  :smiley: When I'm wiping it down I'm more likely to see that loose fastener or start of a crack, etc. It's just good maintenance. <shrug>
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2015, 10:44:16 AM »

Offline neverquit

• Hatchling
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2015, 10:53:28 AM »
I washed all my bikes last year, in the spring I think.  They are looking like honest working machines now and I think I will probably wash them next year sometime.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2015, 11:04:05 AM »
There's a local "bike night" where they are hoping for an "eclectic" mix of bikes.   It's tonight in a local town, so since I just got back from Ohio on the BSA in damp weather, I thought I might pull it out in the sun, with a roll of paper towels and a spray can of cleaner, and touch it up a little.

Cleaning the bike this way makes you put your hands all over it.  While I was cleaning the carburetor, I noticed that it was loose on the manifold.   Bike running and idling like a sewing machine, and the carb rattling back and forth - that's a BSA for you ....

So I snugged it up (can't tighten those alloy-bodied Amals too much or you'll warp the slide bore and there's no fixing it), and considered that one reason to clean a bike might be to find loose fasteners or things getting ragged or old - you can "see" things with your hands that your eyes don't spot ....

Wonder how many brands of bikes will be represented tonight?    I'm guessing 80% will be Brand H ... but we'll see!

Lannis

oldbike54

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2015, 01:15:47 PM »
 Hmm , 3 of you guys are admitting to being in the 1st category , if you would like , I'll bring you some more bikes to wash  :grin:

Seriously , doing that many washes requires a real commitment  :bow:

Dusty

Offline Scud

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2015, 03:02:34 PM »
I'm guessing 80% will be Brand H ... but we'll see!

Wow - that's a lot of Husqvarnas, Husabergs, and Hodakas - or did you mean Hyosung?  Take pics.
1989 Moto Guzzi LeMans
2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport Scura
2017 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
2017 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
2020 Yamaha TW200

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2015, 07:53:11 PM »
Wow - that's a lot of Husqvarnas, Husabergs, and Hodakas - or did you mean Hyosung?  Take pics.

Just got home.    I took pics with my GoPro, but they have to go onto my wife's laptop (mine won't read the MicroSD card), then thumb-drived over to mine, then to Photobucket then on here, and I'm tired.  Tomorrow!

Suffice it to say I was wrong, not for the first time and not for the last.    A lot of neat bikes and people and a good time.   Only ONE BSA though!

Lannis

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here