Author Topic: Hardaspie's SYM Wolf threadfest  (Read 8321 times)

HardAspie

Re: Whew! MC but not MG content
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2016, 01:46:50 PM »
I have a pair of "Paul Jr. Design" (made by Coleman) soft 'bags that might work for you. Pretty nice - have built in rain covers and reflective material. New, but are dusty from being on a shelf in the shop. Don't fit on anything I have. Yours for the cost of shipping if you want them.

I just measured. Over about 11.5: L I may have an issue with interference.

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: Hardaspie's SYM Wolf threadfest
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2016, 02:23:07 PM »
They're about 16" long overall.
Charlie

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2016, 02:53:16 PM »
I have a new Hein Gerke  (sp) red and black leather jacket that you can have if you can wear a  42. It's a great jacket. .
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

HardAspie

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2016, 04:25:13 PM »
They're about 16" long overall.

Uh oh. That is longer than practical. Short bike, WB is 49" so there is little room to work with. Thanks though!

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2016, 04:25:13 PM »

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2016, 04:44:58 PM »
Uh oh. That is longer than practical. Short bike, WB is 49" so there is little room to work with. Thanks though!

Worth a try. I was going to have to relocate the signals on my Morini for them to work and the others have hard 'bags. Won't work on my XT500 either. Guess I'll have to buy a "cruiser" like in the photos so I can use them.  :wink: :laugh:
Charlie

HardAspie

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2016, 04:50:57 PM »
Worth a try. I was going to have to relocate the signals on my Morini for them to work and the others have hard 'bags. Won't work on my XT500 either. Guess I'll have to buy a "cruiser" like in the photos so I can use them.  :wink: :laugh:

Well, now you have a reason to buy another bike! There is silver inside every cloud.  :grin:

HardAspie

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2016, 04:52:09 PM »
I have a new Hein Gerke  (sp) red and black leather jacket that you can have if you can wear a  42. It's a great jacket. .

wow! Awesome. Question, is it for one with long arms?

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2016, 04:52:25 PM »
Someone before me changed the rear signals on my Mille to little round chrome ones without stalks.  They allow saddlebags like that to rest on them without a problem, and are still visible with the bags in place.  I know you're not anxious to modify a brand new motorcycle, but still...
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2016, 05:18:46 PM »
wow! Awesome. Question, is it for one with long arms?

Probably not, but I could measure when I break out of the hospital. .
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

HardAspie

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2016, 05:46:36 PM »
Probably not, but I could measure when I break out of the hospital. .

I have really long arms...I am proportioned like Alice the Goon! So it prolly is not a match, but many thanks. Hey! How much longer til you get out of there? If there is any issue in breaking out, you might take a few moments to peruse bosnianbill and his Lock Tube channel on YT. A few lessons from him and an empty pop can and you are on your way!

HardAspie

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2016, 05:49:40 PM »
Someone before me changed the rear signals on my Mille to little round chrome ones without stalks.  They allow saddlebags like that to rest on them without a problem, and are still visible with the bags in place.  I know you're not anxious to modify a brand new motorcycle, but still...

Stalk removal is popular amongst Wolf owners. Issue is just that in the US it is probably technically illegal. Have you had any issues with the fuzz?

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2016, 08:58:35 PM »
Stalk removal is popular amongst Wolf owners. Issue is just that in the US it is probably technically illegal. Have you had any issues with the fuzz?

When I mounted hardbags on my MZ Silver Star, I bent up a simple "C" shaped bracket that bolted to the license plate bracket and moved the signals back there. No stalk removal or even alteration needed. I made up short extension harness to connect the wiring. All easily reversible. 
Charlie

HardAspie

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2016, 09:36:36 PM »
When I mounted hardbags on my MZ Silver Star, I bent up a simple "C" shaped bracket that bolted to the license plate bracket and moved the signals back there. No stalk removal or even alteration needed. I made up short extension harness to connect the wiring. All easily reversible.

Thanks for the info. I plan to run bags off more than on and think that for now I will be a bit vain and keep the winkers stock.

Moto

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2016, 02:31:08 AM »
You might consider the Taiwan Post Office's set up:

HardAspie

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2016, 01:10:23 PM »
You might consider the Taiwan Post Office's set up:

Now that is elegant! I just ordered a set of River Road Slant Classic Compact bags. At 12: OAL they should clear my winkers. If they don't fully clear with bags where I want them I can crush the tops a bit. I think the slant will help the fit.

Not many miles since last post as I am now in keep miles off until first service mode. I plan to keep service on the dealer's logs so that there is no question as to the warranty, fortunately servicing is is easy. I have been making local runs with many stops; good for some thermal cycling while motorcycling. When the warranty expires I can do it myself, and for now the dealer can do it cheap. I am ever liking it. It has personality. It is compact and the clip ons are solid and comfy and with  the olden look speedo and tach and an atop it not inside it feel with just a tad of forward lean it feels like a little cafe racer. Handling is pretty good. There is a decreasing radius turn not far north of me that always was a bit unsettling on the Reflex. Little Wolfie gobbles up things like that and asks if I might be so kind as to defrost a few more.

Second trip to petrol station: 109 miles that seem just about right as I know distances here, and 1.15 gallons into the tank - assuming any degree of pump accuracy. Calculated 94.7 MPG. Wolfie is a cheap date! Puts a smile on my face for sure.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:11:03 PM by HardAspie »

Offline Groover

• Gaggle Hero
  • If it ain't broke, I'll break it.
    • Scooteropolis
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2016, 02:46:21 PM »
Congrats on your SYM Wolf Classic! Classic looking (and sounding) for sure, great choice!

1981 Moto Guzzi V1000G5
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, a
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, b
1980 Piaggio Vespa P200E
1980 Piaggio Vespa P125X
1980 Vespa Grande Moped
1980 Vespa SI Moped
http://scooteropolis.com/

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2016, 09:34:53 PM »
Got in a nice Classic {Green) today, sold!! What a sweet bike. They sure don't last long on the floor w/they come in.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Online tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2016, 10:17:05 AM »
Got in a nice Classic {Green) today, sold!! What a sweet bike. They sure don't last long on the floor w/they come in.

Yes, and I hope you get a commission on every bike sold Steve.
As I told your store owner, it's why we bought the Griso THERE.
 :thumb:
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2016, 07:06:11 PM »
Floyd sold it, then ordered it.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here