Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: V85TT observations after 1000 miles break-in
« Last post by jrt on Today at 09:13:27 PM »
As far as engine oil consumption, mine does the same thing.  The proper amount is added during a service, itís at the top mark on the sight glass.  After adding miles (some at highway), the level finds itís way to the middle of the glass.  Iíve heard of this from other V85 owners as well.  As long as the loss STOPS at some point.

I can't really say.  I don't recall if it started at the top of the mark (I let the dealer do the 900 mile service).  In time, the oil level dropped to the bottom of the sight glass and I'm not comfortable letting it go below that.  That is pretty minimal oil consumption though- and I have been pushing the bike.  So- I'll just keep an eye on it.  Nothing too concerning.  Maybe it will settle in during the drive to NH....;)
Huzo brings up a good point- the shifting is a lot smoother as it gains miles.  I think it has a way to go, but it is way better (smoother, better feel) than when I first got it.
Sort of.  I am giving the Adv to my son for his birthday and keeping the Centenario.

Salute!  :boozing:
General Discussion / Re: Stuck oil filter cover
« Last post by Moparnut72 on Today at 09:03:22 PM »
I have never had a compressor that had a regulator that would allow more than 125lbs.
kk
General Discussion / Re: $5500.00 Cal-Vin
« Last post by Guzzistajohn on Today at 09:00:56 PM »
Been there, done thatÖ

I miss dirt
General Discussion / Re: NGC This happened on the way to a Goldwing!
« Last post by jrt on Today at 08:59:25 PM »
Well, at least they were flakes, instead of scammers. 
The LT looks like a nice bike- those things are enormous!

The EV I bought from you runs like a champ.  I made a few...adjustments to it.
General Discussion / Re: 2021 BROKEN ARROW RENDEZVOUS JULY 16-18
« Last post by Moparnut72 on Today at 08:59:20 PM »
I plan on attending.
kk
General Discussion / Re: Valve adjust V7-III
« Last post by John A on Today at 08:58:48 PM »
Use a red straw on the right and a green one on the right. Donít mix them up or itíll run backwards
General Discussion / Re: Spotted my first Pan Americans...
« Last post by Bisbonian on Today at 08:58:40 PM »
I was leading demo rides at the local H-D dealership today. They rolled out a Pan American in the morning and at the end of the day I was able to take it for a spin, I was underwhelmed. After all the rave reviews I was expecting much more.

I was glad to get back on my V85 for the ride home.
General Discussion / Re: Oops. Speedo end washer slipped into end case
« Last post by John A on Today at 08:55:58 PM »
Sometimes a little goo from a rodent sticky trap on a wire can snag it but if youíve put grease on it may not work.
General Discussion / Re: Beautiful vintage Triumph...
« Last post by Moparnut72 on Today at 08:55:48 PM »
My buddy had a 68 he bought brand new. He let me ride it a couple of t. That was enough,  I didn't care for it at all. Can you say vibration? My 250 2 stroke Yamaha was smoother but I had moved on to a /2 BMW, there was no comparison. The Beemer wasn't near as fast but in rural Connecticut it was all one needed.
kk
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here