Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Sheep expert?

Ooops. misread it.  never mind.
General Discussion / Re: Cape to Cape..(probably go right ‘round)
« Last post by bottler on Today at 05:05:17 AM »
BTW, I read recently that it is about 100 kilometres shorter if you do the lap anti clockwise.
General Discussion / Re: Clutchless shifts
« Last post by jacksonracingcomau on Today at 05:04:59 AM »
the clutch and transmission shock dampers are still functional whether you use the clutch or not. Case is closed for me.

Ciao
Of course, but someone wise once said
There are none so blind as those who WILL not see
I rarely downshift without clutch, but can if cable fails
But I do remember a little smile when my then 6 year old son got it,(up) on a kx60, music, full noise change, slightly over rev, out of powerband, gear falls in.
Other kids mashed gearboxes
Guzzi flywheel slows the game a bit, I confess to dieting that f&#@er a long time ago but clutchless upshift with boat anchor flywheel still not complicated.
Nor essential knowledge, obviously
« Last post by bottler on Today at 05:03:46 AM »
nah Huzo, no green machine in my fleet, the Jota is black, and the Stelvio sort of dark grey. My lap will be on the Stelvio, with a couple of mates, who like me, are recently retired, so nil time constraints. We will be camping mostly, except when I can no longer put up with my BO, then hotels will be necessary. I will be very interested in your camping reports.

Our better halves are looking to fly in and visit us in places such as Port Douglas, Darwin, Broome and Perth/Margaret River. FIFO sounds great I reckon!
General Discussion / Re: Wasn't somebody looking for a Quota?
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on Today at 04:59:35 AM »
I still don't understand why these things haven't taken off. I love mine  :grin:

After owning one I understand why they haven't. While I don't regret buying the Quota because it taught me a lot about what I did and didn't want in a motorcycle. I also do not regret selling it. I've never thought of it as the one that got away.

« Last post by Huzo on Today at 04:33:33 AM »
Hi Huzo,

Have just read this thread from the start till today, great stuff! May I wish you all the best for the lap of Oz. I am planning on the same lap starting in August from Bungendore. I suspect you might just pass through here on your way up north. If yes let me know if you need any help, lodgings etc; but once again that just might be sorted, no?

Cheers

Bottler
I am always appreciative of these offers Bottler.
I’ll be on the Newell Hwy from Echuca through West Wyalong up to Gilgandra, so will be a long way West of you.
Thank you for your offer mate.
Wasn’t your greenie at Michael’s place the other day was it ?
« Last post by bottler on Today at 04:20:42 AM »
 Hi Huzo,

Have just read this thread from the start till today, great stuff! May I wish you all the best for the lap of Oz. I am planning on the same lap starting in August from Bungendore. I suspect you might just pass through here on your way up north. If yes let me know if you need any help, lodgings etc; but once again that just might be sorted, no?

Cheers

Bottler
« Last post by Huzo on Today at 01:05:38 AM »
I had planned to go from Cape Otway to Cape York and back, but the spectre of the 3,000 k South, down the same road on the return was a bit daunting..
So I reckon I’ll turn right at Charters Towers and go around via Broome and Perth, with a little sprint across the Nullarbor for the run home.
It’s going to add about 5,000k to the trip, but I won’t have the daunting task of riding back down the same road.
The total will be about 13,000 k.
I bought one of these, I think it will be a good thing..

General Discussion / Re: Clutchless shifts
« Last post by Huzo on Today at 12:50:47 AM »
Well Phillip.
I’ve just had the pleasure of watching a video of a bloke who sets up suspension for a living, for would be racers who do track days and he said...
“The guy reckons it’s a bit soft on the back, so I wound up the pre load to make it firmer...”
He must be right though, he does it for a living... :rolleyes:
General Discussion / Re: Wasn't somebody looking for a Quota?
« Last post by Turin on Today at 12:43:26 AM »
I still don't understand why these things haven't taken off. I love mine  :grin:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here