Author Topic: Hidden Treasures  (Read 433 times)

Online John Croucher

• Gaggle Mentor
Hidden Treasures
« on: January 19, 2022, 12:39:30 AM »
I went to the new Ace True Value.  Guy Says can I help.  Said I need motorcycle parts, glad you opened the new store.  He started Name dropping.  Same old people I know.  Then he throws out a name and details I never heard.  A neighbor. I find his address and go knock on the door.  As soon as I said motorcycles he grabbed his coat and took me on a tour.  54 motorcycles in great shape. 

I waited and admired his collection and workshop to drop the Moto Guzzi adventures I have experienced.  His eye lit up and He said He always wanted to invest in a Guzzi, but never did.

Back story, I lost two of my best friends in 2 years.  I whined to my Wife I need a new motorcycle friend. 

The wife laughed at me. Then said she admires my passion.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 12:40:26 AM by John Croucher »

Offline SoCV

• Hatchling
Re: Hidden Treasures
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 02:55:19 AM »
 Maybe you really can find anything at Ace  :thumb:

Glad you made a new friend John .

Dusty
Almost 900,000 in a little over 8 years in two .

RIP Mike Prentice

Offline Dirk_S

• www.dirkshearer.com
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Doodler of doodles
    • www.DirkShearer.com
Re: Hidden Treasures
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 06:50:41 AM »
That John Madden was right!

And I 100% empathize both for your love of Ace Hardware and having at "that one motorcycle friend" (or three). With all my old friends and family back in Pennsylvania, the roller derby community pretty much out of the picture, and living the single life, "that one motorcycle friend" up here in New Hampshire helps me keep my sanity, while allowing me to stretch his.
Current: ‘16 Guzzi V7 II Stone, ‘78 BMW R80/7

Previous: ‘15 Ural Gear Up, ‘77 Kawasaki KZ400 Special, ‘78 Honda CX500S, ‘80 Honda CX500D, ‘11 Suzuki TU250X

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here