General Category > General Discussion

Mice

(1/6) > >>

kballowe:
I would have thought that all the little mice would be out in the fields - being that it's warm weather and all that.
But no, they have to hang out HERE and chew the spark plug wires off of my riding lawnmower.

Well, me and Victor are working on the mouse problem !

guzziart:
Better there than under the seat of your bike.

John A:
I have a constant battle with mice here. There is an entertaining utube channel that I like for different traps, Mousetrap Mondays.
https://youtu.be/Bc16qcmIYGs
This one is about a trap from 1894 that he found. I have one that operates on a similar principle, except it is made out of metal . It was for a feed mill and usually has a carcass in it. The best one I have is a five gallon pail with a ramp to a cover with a trap door. I put snacks in the pail so they die quickly. Some put water or diesel fuel in the pail . When I was a kid we would catch field mice for pets but mom wouldn’t stand for that so I just helped catch them. We would find their runs in the field and be able to corner them and grab them. The most fun is shooting rats at a dump at night but it’s too civilized around here for that pastime

kballowe:
It's strangely satisfying to be laying awake at night and hear SNAP... rattle... rattle... rattle...

twowheeladdict:
My barn cats do their job.  They are not allowed in the tack room so my wife has sticky traps in there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version