Author Topic: MIU3 for P8?  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
Re: MIU3 for P8?
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2021, 12:32:31 PM »
Since they can be erased by ultraviolet, can this be done and then be re-inserted into the computer and they will read the computer and re-program? The # of the one I got from Germany/Singapore was M27C256B -10F1 88801 1215L and the ones I got from China are M27C256B 10F1L 98006 V5 MYS 96 824. Do these ring a bell?

Those number mean nothing to a Guzzi. For example, the 88801 and 98006, are likely date codes. The 10, as in the 10F1, is likely the speed. I believe that means 100us, but those brain cells are long faded.
They are like buying a memory card for a camera. You get a memory card labeled 8G SDHC or such. You don't expect it to already have pictures on it, it is a blank card. So you are buying blank memory chips.
You can get UV erasable, or, you can get OTP. OTP is cheaper, but One Time Programable and not reprogrammable. The last batch I bought were OTP. They were cheap, less then $1 each I think. The UV erasable can be unreliable. Not enough UV, they don't erase. Too much UV, and they are damaged.

So take those blank chips and throw them away. Get a pre-programmed chip. Be done.

OR

Figure out where to get a programmer. Borrow a programmed chip to read the contents or get a BIN file, and program the chip.
I have a stock EV bin file, so it is labeled. (again, old brain cells) If you have a programmer, you can tweak that map and burn the changes to a chip.

Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline ampm7

• Gosling
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2021, 01:05:08 PM »
The only problem Wayne is, where do I get the chip? From whom that is...I suppose I could contact Todd at Guzzitech as he does reflash but he is expensive. Hoping to save some money like most of us.
1970 Moto Guzzi Ambassador, 1998 EV, Honda 1972 850 Ambassador, 2022 Indian Super Chief Limited

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2021, 03:50:16 PM »
The only problem Wayne is, where do I get the chip? From whom that is...I suppose I could contact Todd at Guzzitech as he does reflash but he is expensive. Hoping to save some money like most of us.

I thought you got a programed chip, and some leads broke on it. I could try to patch it up if possible and read it.

Or, you can use TunerPro and tweak the stock data yourself, and write it back out.

I have a prom burner and even a UV light somewhere. But it has to be plugged into an antique 32 bit PC ISO bus. I think I can get it working again if needed.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline ampm7

• Gosling
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2021, 11:11:28 AM »
The original 441 that I removed I had to solder a couple of leads on it to get it back into the slot. It works however, I have another problem now. I replaced the manifold boots and for some odd reason the #1 cylinder is not working correctly. I took off the boot and took off the injector and cleaned it as good as I could and put it back on and the same problem exists. I have on order some new spark plug cables as one had been replaced (#2) and the #1 is the original. When I replace them I will check the resistance of the coil. The 441 does work as the M27C256B that I got from Germany (made for the '98 EV) broke many of the prongs off as it wouldn't align properly and I gingerly used some needle nose to align them and they simply fell off. It is not worth fixing as it would have to have 28 solder joints and they are so close together it is just not feasible. I'll stay in touch as I am going to have a hip replacement and that will shut down my riding for some time. Thanks very much for your offer.
1970 Moto Guzzi Ambassador, 1998 EV, Honda 1972 850 Ambassador, 2022 Indian Super Chief Limited

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2021, 11:11:28 AM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here