Author Topic: Side Stand solution for V50 III  (Read 3040 times)

Offline gallazblue

• New Egg
Re: Side Stand solution for V50 III
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2021, 02:08:18 AM »
Can you show a little more detail where it bolts to the frame?

Yes sure!

You need first to take off the -ignition switch- part, and fix the side stand via the 92151 bolt, you’ll need a longer bolt if you want to keep the central stand. I’ll post a picture but the left side of the stand locks perfectly with the frame, as I said a quick soldering point will make sure that it doesn’t move in the future.

Offline gallazblue

• New Egg
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2021, 02:11:47 AM »
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:  Recycling other motorcycle parts for use on a Moto Guzzi.

Recycling and re-using is the way to go, if it doesn’t exists, just make it yourself!
I went to my local scrapyard and spent an hour looking for one that would fit, pretty surprised this one was a perfect fit!

Offline gallazblue

• New Egg
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2021, 02:17:35 AM »
Welcome to the forum Enzo.  Sweet v50 but I liked it with the fairing more. Are you going to put it back on?

I just got used to my v50ii sidestand and only use it for short stints like when warming the bike up. I like the way it springs up out of the way when I’m ready to go.

Ben

Thank you! I like the fairing too, but as I’m the city most if the time I like the bike better -naked-. That being said, I’ve put it back for a long trip last week.

Any way to check your V50? Could you post a picture? :)

One crucial mod that I would highly recommend for any V50 is the Hayes one suggested by Chuck (adding a relay to the starter circuit), the bike went from starting once every 3-4 times to starting every single  time.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here