Author Topic: touring with leather "race" pants anyone?  (Read 12151 times)

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
Re: touring with leather "race" pants anyone?
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2015, 02:09:24 PM »
I take textile on trips and am rarely uncomfortable (unless it is just too hot for anything).  Yes, even when going from 25F here to >90F in Phoenix.  Mesh textile.

If it gets cooler I put on a rain suit.  That gives a wind break and the mesh (and armor) then act as insulation.  Good down to about 50F.  Below that I put on fleece underneath.  That is good down to 40.  Below that I add a base layer.  With that I am good down into the 20's.  Yes, tested at interstate speeds.  I do have to do something for my feet (I have electric gloves for my hands).  Usually it is just some of those foot warmers.

And, no, the leather 'cave man' thing doesn't do it for me.

I will wear leather when commuting (until it gets too hot) mainly because it is an 'acceptable' jacket when visiting customers.  When hotter the mesh jacket I take off before entering the building.
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2015, 02:13:11 PM »
If it gets cooler I put on a rain suit.  That gives a wind break and the mesh (and armor) then act as insulation.  Good down to about 50F.  Below that I put on fleece underneath.  That is good down to 40.  Below that I add a base layer.  With that I am good down into the 20's.  Yes, tested at interstate speeds.  I do have to do something for my feet (I have electric gloves for my hands).  Usually it is just some of those foot warmers.

:+1   ;-T
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2015, 02:51:46 PM »
My DarienLight suit from Aerostich serves me well from 45-117 degrees F. It vents so well, that its actually cooler than mesh on a West Texas afternoon in early July. I think its those generously sized armpit vents on the jacket, the light khaki color, and the double side zip pulls on the pants. Even behind a windshield and lowers I was doing okay (til I stopped).
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here