General Category > General Discussion

Lovely Norton

(1/7) > >>

Scout63:
I’ve always liked this model:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-norton-norton-commando-ss/

JJ:

--- Quote from: Scout63 on November 27, 2021, 07:19:06 PM ---I’ve always liked this model:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-norton-norton-commando-ss/

--- End quote ---

I believe everyone loves a vintage / classic Norton like this...

huub:

--- Quote from: JJ on November 27, 2021, 07:51:07 PM ---I believe everyone loves a vintage / classic Norton like this...

--- End quote ---

everbody who did not own one at the time.
i've still got mine ,it will probably be a retirement project.
i had it as daily transport for years, keeping on top of te repairs and maintenance was a nightmare.
I bought a V65TT to use during winter, to keep my nice norton clean.
after finding out you can ride a bike witout spending your weekends spannering, i never looked back.
currently own 6 guzzi's...and a norton. 

Scout63:

--- Quote from: huub on November 28, 2021, 12:03:38 PM ---everbody who did not own one at the time.
i've still got mine ,it will probably be a retirement project.
i had it as daily transport for years, keeping on top of te repairs and maintenance was a nightmare.
I bought a V65TT to use during winter, to keep my nice norton clean.
after finding out you can ride a bike witout spending your weekends spannering, i never looked back.
currently own 6 guzzi's...and a norton.

--- End quote ---

I love my Norton. It’s the bike I take when I want to show off a little.  I was running the carbs dry this afternoon and loving how raspy and loud and snarly it is.

lucky phil:

--- Quote from: JJ on November 27, 2021, 07:51:07 PM ---I believe everyone loves a vintage / classic Norton like this...

--- End quote ---

Well you'd be wrong :grin: All I see when I look at any Commando or it's derivatives is a crankshaft with the rigidity of wet spaghetti, (so bad it needs barrel shaped main bearing rollers to accommodate all the flex) Amal carbs that are worn out before the first service mileage, Lucas electrics and fiddly high maintenance "Isolastic" engine mounting system designed to keep the whole vibrating, oil leaking lump of a mechanical mess in the frame without the rider losing their fillings. Nortons final insult to the British motorcycle buyer.

Ciao 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version