Author Topic: June, July, August 2022 weekend trips in case anybody wants to join up  (Read 3971 times)

bobrebos

Just to have them all in one post;  I will be riding/camping at the following;

June 4th 1130 am CENTRAL TIME, lunch at The Barrelhouse BBQ restaurant, 105 mechanic street, Lynchburg Tn.  I will be camping at Tim’s ford state park if anybody else wants to camp that weekend

July 16th at 1200 noon.  Burgers chips soda at Chesnee Classic Cycle Shop, 102 East Chester Street, Chesnee South Carolina 29323.  I will be camping at Croft State park if anybody else is interested.

August 13th 2022 at 1:00pm

Please let me know if you are going!!

Thank you!

https://www.hotrods50sdiner.com/

Thank you and if you haven’t already, please notify me if your coming to any of them. 

« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 07:24:51 AM by bobrebos »

Online Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Apr,May,June,July Tn,Ga,Al,Nc meet &greets schedule
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 08:19:59 PM »
I'll be away and miss the event in June, but just reserved a room at the Smith House in Dahlonega for the TWO weekend in May.  :grin: It better not RAIN!   :angry:

bobrebos

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 02:06:50 AM »
I'll be away and miss the event in June, but just reserved a room at the Smith House in Dahlonega for the TWO weekend in May.  :grin: It better not RAIN!   :angry:

I agree with the no rain!!!

bobrebos

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 06:17:07 AM »
There isn’t a lot of interest in these traveling meet and greet lunches.  I’m getting three-four riders per lunch.  I’m thinking of stopping trying to set these up.  No hard feelings toward anybody, just doesn’t seem to be working out anymore.  I will cancel upcoming schedule if no or very little interest from riders.  Hopefully everyone understands.  As far as April, may, June, and July go, I will take them one at a time to either cancel or not depending on interest for that specific lunch gathering.  Thank you

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 06:17:07 AM »

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 06:36:57 AM »
We are kinda spread all over Bob, I dont think you can expect more than 4-5 per monthly stop. I would have guessed that was good turnout!  I'll come when they are within 1.5-2hrs away, but more than that and it becomes an 'all day event' or verges on requiring an overnight stay. Speaking only for myself, I only have a couple weekends per summer that aren't already planned or scheduled a few months out.  On a normal Saturday I am a lot more likely to piddle around the house, go ride solo for a couple hours, and then get home to work in the yard or garage for a few hours in the evening.

Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

bobrebos

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 06:48:46 AM »
We are kinda spread all over Bob, I dont think you can expect more than 4-5 per monthly stop. I would have guessed that was good turnout!  I'll come when they are within 1.5-2hrs away, but more than that and it becomes an 'all day event' or verges on requiring an overnight stay. Speaking only for myself, I only have a couple weekends per summer that aren't already planned or scheduled a few months out.  On a normal Saturday I am a lot more likely to piddle around the house, go ride solo for a couple hours, and then get home to work in the yard or garage for a few hours in the evening.

I understand.  Everyone is busy

Offline wavedog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2022, 10:31:30 AM »
 Hey Bob, I for one appreciate you hosting these get togethers. It is a very thoughtful thing you are doing.
I plan on being at the one in Suches and camping for the weekend. The event in April was on my calendar, again camping, however I may need to be away most of April to care for an ailing parent.
 Keep in mind that it is early spring and the weather is just now starting to warm to riding temps, especially for an old thin blooded fossil such as myself. There has been a lot of rain in the southeast also. As someone else has noted we are spread all over.
 Hang in there and don't give up. Keep on doing good. Thanks for doing what you are doing. It is building community.

Online Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2022, 11:51:01 AM »
Yes Bob, considering the wx, four or five riders for lunch seems about right.  As I remember, "somebody" at the Dam Deli was complaining about how cold it was for camping! Weather permitting, I'll make the Iron Grill, Lynchburg and Suches. 

bobrebos

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2022, 02:31:33 PM »
Yes Bob, considering the wx, four or five riders for lunch seems about right.  As I remember, "somebody" at the Dam Deli was complaining about how cold it was for camping! Weather permitting, I'll make the Iron Grill, Lynchburg and Suches.

Yeah, that was me whining about how cold I was camping.  Didn’t dress warm enough I guess.  Il try to keep my whining to a minimum. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 02:41:55 PM by bobrebos »

bobrebos

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2022, 04:30:47 AM »
Just bumping up.  Couple of weeks to the April Tellico Plains meet and greet lunch on Saturday April 16th.   I’m looking forward to camping at a new campground for me; https://cmtrails.com/

Cherohala Mountain Trails Campground

Online Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2022, 08:55:39 AM »
I'll be there unless it's a gulley-washer!

bobrebos

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2022, 10:10:12 PM »
I'll be there unless it's a gulley-washer!

I’m hoping for nice weather! 

bobrebos

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2022, 10:57:26 AM »
I have a sleeping cabin for the weekend at Cherohala mountain trails campground for the April meet and greet lunch  It sleeps two if anybody else wants to camp in a cabin there.  I asked TwoWheelAddict but he doesn’t know for sure if he can go for the weekend so he has first dibs.  If he says no, it will be available if someone wants to camp/share the cabin or Il stay there myself.   Thanks
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 01:47:03 PM by bobrebos »

Offline TN Mark

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2022, 11:39:03 AM »
Have you tried to coordinate anything with the TN MGNOC rep, Jon McCanless? Jon organizes rides every month. Moto Guzzi owners in the state is a rather small group to begin with. When there are competing Moto Guzzi events between such a small number of potential participants, it can tend to reduce the turnout for all concerned. Add to that that most Moto Guzzi riders seem to prefer solitude riding and things my not always have the turn out or interest you desire.

I'd suggest working in unison with Jon to hopefully generate more interest and attendance overall.

bobrebos

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2022, 01:08:00 PM »
Have you tried to coordinate anything with the TN MGNOC rep, Jon McCanless? Jon organizes rides every month. Moto Guzzi owners in the state is a rather small group to begin with. When there are competing Moto Guzzi events between such a small number of potential participants, it can tend to reduce the turnout for all concerned. Add to that that most Moto Guzzi riders seem to prefer solitude riding and things my not always have the turn out or interest you desire.

I'd suggest working in unison with Jon to hopefully generate more interest and attendance overall.

I have emailed Jon McCanless and asked him to post his rides on here.  Hopefully he will.  I in the meantime will stop organizing my meet and greets if needed after July 2022 as to not be in competition with the MGNOC.  Thank you
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 02:57:28 PM by bobrebos »

Online Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2022, 01:11:23 PM »
Every time I've looked at MGNOC it's never updated concerning any rides.  I don't bother with it anymore.

Offline nwguy

• Gosling
    • Jim Gallant's home page
You're lucky to live near those great roads. If I lived closer I'd join you on every ride.
Current:  08 Norge, 06 Suzuki Burgman, 06 Yamaha Morphous

Past:  3 Buell Lightnings, 02 BMW R1150RS
05 Ducati Multistrada, First gen Kawasaki Concours, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, 02 Honda ST110, Aprilia Falco, Suzuki VX800, Yamaha Radian, Suzuki TS185, Yamaha RD400

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
I don't even know what MGNOC has that isn't on WildGuzzi.  Is it a factory sponsored owners group?  I never go an invite or any information with my Moto Guzzi purchase.  I got Harley Owners Group membership information when I bought my Harley.

I even got Sloan's to give my email address to some guy who was supposed to be organizing events out of Sloans but other than an acknowledgement email I never heard about any events.

2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

bobrebos

I don't even know what MGNOC has that isn't on WildGuzzi.  Is it a factory sponsored owners group?  I never go an invite or any information with my Moto Guzzi purchase.  I got Harley Owners Group membership information when I bought my Harley.

I even got Sloan's to give my email address to some guy who was supposed to be organizing events out of Sloans but other than an acknowledgement email I never heard about any events.

The MGNOC Tennessee rep Jon McCanless organizes monthly rides for guzzi riders in Tennessee. I have asked him to post his rides on wildguzzi.  Maybe he will.  I will message to you his email so you can get on his email list for rides.  Stay well. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 03:29:57 PM by bobrebos »

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2022, 03:36:38 PM »
There isn’t a lot of interest in these traveling meet and greet lunches.  I’m getting three-four riders per lunch.  I’m thinking of stopping trying to set these up.  No hard feelings toward anybody, just doesn’t seem to be working out anymore.  I will cancel upcoming schedule if no or very little interest from riders.  Hopefully everyone understands.  As far as April, may, June, and July go, I will take them one at a time to either cancel or not depending on interest for that specific lunch gathering.  Thank you

Honestly 3-4 is about average for any rides or activities here as well.  Frankly, that's about as many Guzzi riders as one can gather outside of a rally...sometimes I'll get 3-4 riders and not all will be Guzzi riders!
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

bobrebos

This will be the weather for April, May, June, and July trips.

json to geojson

Online Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
 :grin: I love Jerry King's work:

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
LOL!
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

bobrebos

Bumping up for next weekend (Saturday) 16 Apr lunch in Tellico Plains! 

bobrebos

Looks like about five guzzi riders from our Facebook page are coming next Saturday along with the riders from this forum here.  That’s great! 

bobrebos

Moving up to about ten riders total coming to the April meet & greet lunch in Tellico Plains, Tennessee on the 16th of April at 1230.  That’s fantastic! 

bobrebos

…and ten riders so far for the July Meet & Greet lunch at noon on the 16th of July at the Chesnee Classic Cycle Shop in Chesnee South Carolina.  Burgers chips and soda at the shop!  Thanks Cliffrod for setting it up!!!  Woo hoo sounds like a fun day! 

Online cliffrod

• Gaggle Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
We aim (low) to please....  It should be a good time, Bob.

If the shop burns down before then, there should still Be room here in my backyard by the studio.
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1981 Lemans CX100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExX3YmQel_Q
http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio YuoTube Channel-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifz

bobrebos

We aim (low) to please....  It should be a good time, Bob.

If the shop burns down before then, there should still Be room here in my backyard by the studio.

Hopefully the shop doesn’t burn down!  And hopefully it’s a nice sunny warm day!!! 

Offline Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
Wonewoc WI for the rally,cooler weather and WI cheese sausage and beer,August 5-7.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here