General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

1967 V700 Corsa-Record

<< < (24/24)

cliffrod:

--- Quote from: Mayor_of_BBQ on December 02, 2021, 11:11:03 AM ---Cliff PM me your address I have a couple sheets of great gasket for this application. I used it to replace the cork gasket on my Ambo tank cap and it has been stellar.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the offer, Chad.  I have some flat material here that's probably similar here.. The ? is more about how I configure and attach the seal.  The original seal/gasket is somewhat fancy.  The repro caps appear to use a metal retainer (probably with rivets) to hold a flat gasket in place, which is probably how I'll do mine. 

I've also got some new muscadine wine here, so expect we can come to an appropriate arrangement.....

Mayor_of_BBQ:
Still havent got that in the mail, Clint. I had some manilla envelopes around here somewhere... cant seem to find them. Will depart soon, good thing this is a long-term project. FYI the material is Buna-N (Nitrile) sheet at 1/8" thick IIRC

It should mosey down there in the next week or so, maybe it will beat Santa to your hose! And yeah, I am always down for some muscadine wine!

cliffrod:

--- Quote from: Mayor_of_BBQ on December 13, 2021, 10:56:23 AM ---Still havent got that in the mail, Clint. I had some manilla envelopes around here somewhere... cant seem to find them. Will depart soon, good thing this is a long-term project. FYI the material is Buna-N (Nitrile) sheet at 1/8" thick IIRC

It should mosey down there in the next week or so, maybe it will beat Santa to your hose! And yeah, I am always down for some muscadine wine!

--- End quote ---

No time for any Guzzi progress lately, but I wanted to post a couple of quick updates-

1.  I wanted to post a big thank you to the Mayor for his generous donation of Buna-N to the project & the gas cap gasket effort.  Your muscadine wine awaits.

2. I was pleasantly surprised yesterday to learn that I (or at least some guy with almost the same name as me- I'm the II, not the III...) have been awarded Metal Shaper of the Month over on the AllMetalShaping forum for the metal shaping portions of this ongoing bike build!!  Very cool- sure didn't see that coming. 

Looking forward to getting caught up some around here so I can get back into the project.   Lawn mowing season is about to begin and that always complicates fun time in the shop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version