General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

My old 1000SP project returns

<< < (5/5)

Chuck in Indiana:
That scan of the crankcase is amazing. Modern tech can do some wonderful things.. :thumb:

--- Quote ---Steve ran into some stumbling blocks and lost interest and today the Guzzi came back to my garage, nearly 28 years after I first purchased it.  It is funny how the marbles can be swapped in circles like that.

--- End quote ---

Speaking of marbles.. :smiley: I once had a 1000SP out in California that had electrical issues. (Imagine that..) It needed a new harness, but I didn't have time to do that on my infrequent vacations, so sold it to Eldo Jon with the warning that it needed electrical work. The last I knew of it, it had moved to Arizona.
Years pass.
Pete and I rode to the Oregon nationals, and I set up my tent. Went to register, and when I came back there was an old 1000SP right beside my tent with it's tail in the air and somebody working on it. Thought, "funny.. that is the same color as my old SP." It was Greg Fields working on it, and it was my old SP. :smiley: (!) A guy from Italy had bought it and left it at Moto International to use for vacations..

Frenchfrog:

--- Quote from: Michael Moore on September 13, 2021, 09:51:14 PM ---I'm glad you found it interesting, I wasn't sure if it was too technical/esoteric to be of much interest to people.  I'll post more info as I accumulate it.

--- End quote ---

Very much of interest Michael...this is about the only reason I visit Wild !!

El Vikingo Tropical:
Very interesting reading indeed, thanks for sharing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version