Author Topic: What motorcycle accessory / product would you rate a “10”?  (Read 3191 times)

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
Re: What motorcycle accessory / product would you rate a “10”?
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2023, 09:07:19 PM »
When I was getting back into riding,I was gifted a used Rukka suit from a very kind gentleman,I shudder to think what the retail price of it would be,it's a beautiful piece of kit.

My Gerbings outfit is very sweet to have on in cold weather.

Most of my bikes have marginal charging systems for the Gerbings suit;iirc it was Charlie at one point that recommended the Kuryakyn volt meter LED battery gauge mod # 4218. It is extremely intuitive to use when I've got my Gerbings turned on. The gauge LEDs works with red,yellow & green lights. At high rpm with good charging, I can tell at a glance with 2 steady green lights I have lots of voltage power,as I slow down,come into town etc,as the charging rate drops,one by one the LEDs will flash then gradually change to yellow,at that point I just adjust the Gerbings controller down so I'm looking at solid green LEDs again. For the Norges,Grisos,Stelvios or any bike with an upgraded alternator,charging rate isn't that big a concern running heated gear,but for any other bike,if you're running heated gear,I highly recommend this volt meter.

When it came time to install the a/m voltmeter on my V11,I agonized over where to tap into the harness with my marginal soldering skills. I already had CTEK charger power leads from my battery in place so I picked up what is called a CTEK extension cord and spliced that into my volt meter leads,so I've got a nice neat quick disconnect without compromising the oem wiring harness. Little strips of 2 sided velcro straps keep everything nice,tight & secure.

I love my Shoei Air helmet (one of the few pieces of gear I bought new,not on Kijiji). The integral sunshade visor is worth it's weight in gold,what's really surprised me,was when the sales clerk was describing the neck skirt on the helmet to me,I thought I'd hate it and take it off;but it's excellent for keeping bugs and cold weather out.

I'm not a GPS gadget guy,I'm old school paper map,so I love my Givi magnetic tank bag with a big clear map pocket.

I don't think I'd pay full retail for them,but I've lucked into a couple of Air Hawk deals for bikes that needed more comfort in the seat dept,if the seat's marginal,they work well for me.

Not really bike gear,more in the tool dept; nothing puts a smile on my face like doing a full tune up on a bike and getting the carbs or TBs fully synched with my home made vinyl tube manometer and listening to how sweet it sounds.

:bike-037:
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2023, 11:27:32 PM »
Custom seat
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2023, 07:07:00 AM »
I was educated in a one room country school and even I know that accessory is singular (that means one) :grin:. If the question had been accessories (plural) then there is many items I would have listed from my many years of riding.
Looking back to the 50's when camping was a furniture pad and a 6 pack. The old heavy canvas tent and leather jackets that got wet and stayed wet for a few days. Rain gear was something cheap you'd buy from the Army/Navy store.

I can't list ONE item nor could I list my one my favorite road.

Have a nice day,
Tex

Online tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2023, 09:00:02 AM »
Another vote for Electric Vest..
It enhances my riding pleasure and safety every time I use it.
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2023, 09:00:02 AM »

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2023, 10:38:31 AM »
man, we're a grumpy bunch.   :evil:

I think it's typical in motorcycle forums,especially in the winter,apparently pervasive in guzzi forums. :rolleyes:

I'll amend my list and add a chill pill for a good sense of hee haw;  :evil:

Highly recommend it to anyone who may possibly need to LTFU  :grin:

:cool:

2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Offline guzzler

• Gosling
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2023, 04:22:51 PM »
My Airhawk....

Online willowstreetguzziguy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2023, 12:27:32 AM »
Denali Air Horns: There when you need a blast
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 
1993 BMW K75S Pearl White (sold)
"Going somewhere isn't why you ride, riding is why you go!"    Moto Guzzi... because the only person I have to impress is me.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2023, 01:31:11 AM »
I was educated in a one room country school and even I know that accessory is singular (that means one) :grin:. If the question had been accessories (plural) then there is many items I would have listed from my many years of riding.
Looking back to the 50's when camping was a furniture pad and a 6 pack. The old heavy canvas tent and leather jackets that got wet and stayed wet for a few days. Rain gear was something cheap you'd buy from the Army/Navy store.

:drool: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I can't list ONE item nor could I list my one my favorite road.

Have a nice day,
Tex

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:      :grin:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Online Clifton

• No car is as fun to drive as any motorcycle is to ride.
  • Gosling
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2023, 10:05:34 AM »
I know others mentioned electric vests but for me going from an electric vest to my first Gerbing electric jacket liner with heated sleeves was a big improvement. Other than for short trips in mid Summer I generally have it with me because it packs down to the size of a nurf football.
24 Stelvio
21 V85TT
22 Goldwing
20 XT250
14 CB1100
93 R100R

Online willowstreetguzziguy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2023, 12:29:09 AM »
I know others mentioned electric vests but for me going from an electric vest to my first Gerbing electric jacket liner with heated sleeves was a big improvement. Other than for short trips in mid Summer I generally have it with me because it packs down to the size of a nurf football.

Totally agree! Had an Eclipse vest for years and when it went south, I bought a heated jacket liner. If it’s cool enough for a heated vest, the heated jacket liner with the heated sleeves feels soooo good! Well worth the extra money.
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 
1993 BMW K75S Pearl White (sold)
"Going somewhere isn't why you ride, riding is why you go!"    Moto Guzzi... because the only person I have to impress is me.

Offline Dirk_S

• www.dirkshearer.com
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Doodler of doodles
    • www.DirkShearer.com
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2023, 06:35:56 AM »

I was curious how electric vests compared to an electric base layer compared to an electric jacket liner. I have a Warm n Safe base layer, and while it does a decent job, I wonder if something might work better that I don’t have to keep on all day.
Current: ‘16 Guzzi V7 II Stone, ‘78 BMW R80/7

Previous: ‘15 Ural Gear Up, ‘77 Kawasaki KZ400 Special, ‘78 Honda CX500S, ‘80 Honda CX500D, ‘11 Suzuki TU250X

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2023, 10:57:37 AM »
Guzzidiag..(where would we be without it..)
Beetle/Meinolf/Beard….(see above)
Ortleib bag
Tom Tom 550

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here