Author Topic: spam . eldo disc front end  (Read 20435 times)

Offline Greg Field

• Gaggle Hero
  • The Signs Foretell the Rise of a Guzzi Lama . . .
Re: spam . eldo disc front end
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2015, 01:02:07 AM »
greg, any chance of a step-by-step on how you did the v11 front end conversion? Or is it classified information?

Not classified at all, but it was a metric shit-ton of work. I used nothing but hand tools to do it, but a lathe might come in handy. If you want to talk sometime, I can outline the major steps, to the best of my memory, but I have to warn you that my memory is somewhat compromised these days after a stroke I had last year. It's all do-able, though, if you can gather all the parts.

Offline dxhall

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2015, 08:20:28 PM »
Greg -you've got me thinking that I should keep the Showa stuff left over from my V11 Ohlins conversion.  What spoked wheel did you use on yours?

Offline Greg Field

• Gaggle Hero
  • The Signs Foretell the Rise of a Guzzi Lama . . .
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2015, 11:22:56 PM »
Front wheel's from an '03 EV. My V11 front end was a leftover from an Ohlins conversion, too.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:23:57 PM by Greg Field »

Offline lazlokovacs

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2015, 07:45:15 AM »
Not classified at all, but it was a metric shit-ton of work. I used nothing but hand tools to do it, but a lathe might come in handy. If you want to talk sometime, I can outline the major steps, to the best of my memory, but I have to warn you that my memory is somewhat compromised these days after a stroke I had last year. It's all do-able, though, if you can gather all the parts.

Really really sorry to hear about that, thank you for the info.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2015, 07:45:15 AM »

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2015, 08:16:15 AM »
a stroke I had last year.

Eeeks! Have you totally recovered? I had noticed that you kind of dropped off the motorcycle world for a while. Best of luck from Dorcia and me.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here