Author Topic: TRIP MAPPING SOFTWARE  (Read 17432 times)

canuguzzi

Re: TRIP MAPPING SOFTWARE
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2015, 11:54:52 PM »
If it's an Android phone, check the settings, there is often one that lets you set the touch interface to be used with gloves. Makes it a bit more sensitive without gloves on but it works. Most of the tablets have that setting too.

I went the other route and got gloves that have some material interwoven so that you can use the touch screen gloves on.

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2015, 08:10:12 AM »
I just put a few loops of conductive thread in the tips of my fingers. Easy and cheap, problem solved.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

canuguzzi

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2015, 12:44:09 PM »
I just put a few loops of conductive thread in the tips of my fingers. Easy and cheap, problem solved.

Oh crap, you had me falling out of my chair. At first I had this image of you sticking copper wires in your fingers as a quasi GPS sensor, like the people who use two sticks to find water.  :BEER: :BEER: ;-T

190 Octane

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2015, 12:59:47 PM »
I'm using RevIt gloves with material in the finger tips that works with capacitive (smart phone) touchscreens.  Revzilla has a nice function that lets you filter which gloves are touchscreen compatible.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2015, 12:59:47 PM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2017, 07:16:42 PM »

No subscription needed for any of it.  Just use it like a tablet with a WiFi connection (which is how I use my bigger tablet that I am typing on now).

Lannis check your PMs.

Well, technology finally simplified itself down to my level.

I tried hard (really I did) to make the Samsung smartphone that you sent me do what I wanted - just point an arrow toward home, but I was never able to fight my way through the swords and hedges for an "app" that would work.

Browsing around an LL Bean store today, I found a "Bushnell Back-Track" thingie, $35 on sale.   You mark up to three spots, and a big arrow on the display will always point to the one you select, and tell you how far away it is.   It also is a digital compass that isn't affected by metal or magnetic fields nearby.

Just what I needed.   Been playing with it all day ... Fay and I were trying to find the old path of the Tuscarora Trail in West Virginia last week (hiking in the mountains), and just about got lost because the now-not-used part of the trail was so poorly marked.    This thing would let us tag our starting location, and then always point us back to it ....

So simple anyone can do it, as Stevie Wonder used to say ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2017, 11:30:13 AM »
Someone developed an Android app (Kurviger) recently that creates a route based on how curvy the roads are. It find some interesting routes to put you on a twisty roads. I have only played with it at home so far though.

Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here