Author Topic: ...Bassa Talk - Front end pulse dives when using foot brake  (Read 20088 times)

Offline John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
Re: ...AND Welcome to Bassa Talk, with your host, normzone...
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2016, 10:05:32 AM »
What you need is a tube of yellow torque seal.....
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2016, 06:48:47 PM »
What you need is a tube of yellow torque seal.....

For the experimental eggplant? <scratching head>
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
Re: ...and WELCOME to Bassa Talk, with your host, normzone...
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2016, 06:55:49 PM »
I think he posted to the wrong thread forum.   :undecided:

oldbike54

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2016, 08:31:25 PM »
 You guys are aware that Normzone was the lead geneticist on a large gov't program that bred 1,000LB zucchinis that were capable of locomotion . The idea was to use these giant zukes to pull farm implements and power well pumps in 3rd world countries . Seems the entire program was subverted when the gov't sold the technology to a commercial interest and same said interest shut it down and declared a huge loss . Sad to think what might have been . Point is , experimental eggplant is well within Norm's zone .

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2016, 08:31:25 PM »

Offline Rich A

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2016, 08:32:04 PM »
Bassa question: anyone know where I can get a set of the rubber grommets that hold on the sidecovers? I've already had a sidecover blow off. No luck at MG Cycle or Harpers for the exact OEM part.

Rich A

Offline John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2016, 08:56:26 PM »
I got my last ones from Eishes. Contact info in links, I believe
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2016, 08:59:32 PM »
Bassa question: anyone know where I can get a set of the rubber grommets that hold on the sidecovers? I've already had a sidecover blow off. No luck at MG Cycle or Harpers for the exact OEM part.

Rich A

Have you looked through the grommets at Ace Hardware? 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2016, 09:01:31 PM »
In truth, I'd not be comfortable messing with any of the multitude of things with yellow locking goop on them, based on the threads I've read here.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      This is what he needs yellow goop for,  in case he screws it up he can remark it  :evil: :grin:

« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 09:03:15 PM by John A »
John
MGNOC L-471
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline Rich A

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2016, 09:22:49 PM »
Have you looked through the grommets at Ace Hardware?

I don't recall seeing any oval ones there, and the fit is critical. The problem is that if a sidecover goes flying, it'll cost at least $100 for a replacement. Not a good design on several levels.

I'll check however.

Rich A

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2016, 10:52:22 AM »
No, you won't find any molded ones at Ace or any other hardware I'm familiar with. You "may" find a round one that will work.  Call Ida Mae at Eish's.. or probably Curtis has it.

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline RinkRat II

• Gaggle Hero
  • Lake Powell AZ
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2016, 11:28:21 AM »
  Hey normzone,   anywhere  close to these?? If not he may have others.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-Side-Cover-Rubber-SET-750-850-1000-1100-Lemans-T-T3-G5-California-2-/182225137072

Happy Hunting, Paul B :boozing:
A Miller in the hand is worth two in the fridge.

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2016, 02:20:08 PM »
If those are the grommets, they can be had at MI -- at least I got a 4-some last year for my 'vert.

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2016, 10:47:36 AM »
GOOD MORNING to all of you - I'm your host, normzone, and this is BASSA TALK (echo "talk, talk, talk...)

A quick update about my former love affair with Sea Foam - we've decided to see less of each other in the future. We aren't breaking up, but you guys are right - enough is too much. I figured out that I was confusing running better with a simple inability to ping.

This post is really all about Josie's day at the spa yesterday - one of those mobile auto detailing guys came to my workplace, and he said he'd do motorcycles for twenty bucks. When I delivered mine to him, in all it's neglected glory, you could see his face fall.

I told him I knew it wasn't a twenty dollar job, and that I'd pay him what he thought was fair. When he was done he asked for forty bucks.

Much of the (I thought permanent) environmental damages she's accrued from sitting outdoors for 2 1/2 years has been undone. I fantasized briefly about a cover and then forgot about it, in keeping with the Bassa Rat philosophy. That money could be a tire, or some sashimi.
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2016, 11:16:16 AM »
I've a question for the map wizards out there in radio internet land - How many differing maps are there that are designed to run on my Bassa?  One, a couple, or many? And how are these differentiated - formal configuration management, or " Jon Doe #3 " and " Love Potion Number Nine " ?

As always, thank you so very much.
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

oldbike54

Re: ...and TODAY on Bassa Talk - Maps, or "Here Be Dragons"
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2016, 11:23:00 AM »
 I call the Jackal map Fred  :huh: Actually I don't believe you have a mapping problem Norm , well , unless someone installed that map named Luigi , he can be problematic  :shocked: :laugh:

Dusty

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2016, 12:42:35 PM »
Belief systems can be complex and subject to interpretation, like this illusion that we are here riding Guzzis...

I still wonder about the maps though. If I was to hook up to Guzzi Diag, would my map have a name? It was installed around 2000, shortly after the bike was purchased.

Offline Rich A

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2016, 01:22:57 PM »
  Hey normzone,   anywhere  close to these?? If not he may have others.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-Side-Cover-Rubber-SET-750-850-1000-1100-Lemans-T-T3-G5-California-2-/182225137072

Happy Hunting, Paul B :boozing:

Nope, not the ones for the Bassa. I'm riding around with one sidecover off (it already came loose, and I was lucky to catch it with my leg.  I've already lost one, just bought a spare on Ebay). Will call Eish--I don't think Harper's has the oem ones.

Rich A

beetle

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2016, 04:46:22 PM »
I still wonder about the maps though. If I was to hook up to Guzzi Diag, would my map have a name?

Yes.

redrider

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2016, 06:33:18 PM »
" at least I got a 4-some last year for my 'vert"

Four is my limit. No, WAS.

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2016, 06:59:13 PM »
Only 4?  I think Norm took 8 this time. I need some.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
Re: ...Bassa Talk - " My first boyfriend had a Moto Guzzi..."
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2016, 11:36:51 PM »
Today's ride report is brought to you by our sponsor:

" Fish "

This afternoon, after a hard day in the quality mines, I went up the 15 and cross-town to the Jo-Ann fabric store. The little tear I noticed in the seam of the Day-long seat 2 1/2 years ago, about a half inch long, was about and inch and a half long, and it was time to get off the dime.

" Unfortunately, the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket..."

They were pleased to see me in the store. I know there's a few fabric engineers here on this forum, but generally guys who like to sew are rare.

So I get some curved needles, and the guy at the cutting counter recommends the outdoor thread.

As I exit the store, an employee is a few steps behind me, so I hold the door. When we get outside, she says " So how was your day...I mean, for riding ? ". She's near my age, slender with short silver hair.

I'm surprised, and amused. I tell her that it's not too hot, and I had a good riding day. I have a lot of those.

She asks what kind of motorcycle I have. I tell her I have a Moto Guzzi.

She becomes visibly animated, and she starts scanning the parking lot.

There's a large pillar in her field of view, between her and my bike. I take a couple of steps starboard and gesture to Josie.

" My first boyfriend had a Moto Guzzi ... pause ... This was about forty years ago. It was a ... 1932? Did they make them then? "

We walked over and she marveled at Josie. She said her husband has a Honda " but it's nothing like this, of course ".

She described a tractor seat, with springs. Her dad worked in aerospace and made something to put on the back for her to sit on.

She said her boyfriend would take her home (blush) " to my parents ! ", and said " it didn't have a starter. He wore cowboy boots, and I still remember the beat of his boot heels on the road as he left, pushing it down the road to get it going fast enough to start. "

So we're standing there, and I tell her about the forum, and how this will be my ride report for the day.

While we're talking a one-armed guy carrying a motorcycle helmet comes out of the store. She comments on how two riders came in at the same time. He stops and shows us the velcro he bought to attach some piece of electronics. We watch him go to a bike betwixt two cars. All we can see is the rear wheel, and we speculate about what he's riding.

A Spyder or something of that ilk backs out, and he rides off. We cheer, and go our separate ways.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 11:42:40 PM by normzone »

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2016, 06:49:24 AM »
" My first boyfriend had a Moto Guzzi..."
Norm, you had me worried for a bit.. not that there's anything wrong with that..  :smiley: :boozing:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2016, 01:15:53 PM »
Don't ask, don't tell  :wink:

She described a night ride up Palomar Mountain - some of you know that road.

She spoke of oil in a turn, and sliding off the road. " Brave girl that I was, I jumped right back on the bike and we went to (a restaurant or some place at the top) and I went in the bath room to wash the blood off my arm. I got one of those scabs - you know, the kind you can't bend your elbow because it will break. You can't see the scar now..."

oldbike54

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2016, 01:19:02 PM »
 Unusual style of flirting , "wanna see my scars?"  :shocked: :laugh:

Dusty

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2016, 01:22:11 PM »
She described a night ride up Palomar Mountain - some of you know that road.
Yep, BTDT.
Nice tale.. and sounds like the kind of girl/women I like.  :thumb:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2016, 01:49:06 PM »
Unusual style of flirting , "wanna see my scars?"  :shocked: :laugh:

Dusty

Isn't that what tattoos are -- battle scars on video game warriors?

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2016, 03:46:12 PM »
Here's a beauty in NJ for short money.

https://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/5677379639.html
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2016, 09:54:41 PM »
Here's a beauty in NJ for short money.https://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/5677379639.html

So my wife and I had a little talk, about the wisdom of filling the garage with white Bassas.

Since we don't have a garage the danger is low, but we agreed it would be fun.

oldbike54

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2016, 10:11:42 PM »
 Why do I keep hearing ;

"My boyfriend's back, and you're gonna be in trouble"  :shocked:

Dusty

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2016, 10:39:59 PM »
You might have to get off of Youtube, and try KCRW Eclectic 24.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here