Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: No spark- Cal II
« Last post by John A on May 09, 2024, 10:11:26 PM »
What caused the smoke to leak out of the regulator?
General Discussion / Re: I made a cluch adjustment tool - V85TT content
« Last post by yrunvs on May 09, 2024, 09:18:36 PM »
Hey all,

I have been back on a Guzzi for 3 months now after 8 years on Ducatis and Triumphs.

Picked up a near new V85TT as my daily rider. I have been loving it - so relaxing, easygoing and practical compared to my weekend Ducati Streetfighter.

Just this week the mildly annoying cluch adjustment issue reared its head so I had to adjust the cable freeplay at the back of the gearbox.

Pretty fiddly to get to to adjust without removing lots of plastic so instead I made a tool by slotting a 17mm stainless bolt to turn the adjuster using a ratchetting spanner. Simples!

Cheers all

Kurt

I removed the bare minimum to get at that nut/adjuster and the adjuster was to tight to move with the limited access and shape of it. I buttoned it back up and will start over after making the tool you did. I still have adjustability at the bars but its getting close.
What size groove is that? and how many full turns in did it take to do the job?
General Discussion / Re: May, Tn Ga Al guzzi meet n greet lunch
« Last post by bobrebos1 on May 09, 2024, 08:56:06 PM »
Bumping up!
General Discussion / Re: NGC. Shoulder surgery done.
« Last post by bobrebos1 on May 09, 2024, 08:52:59 PM »
Well, I’m a week post surgery.  A week of PT and this sling.  So far it’s been so so.  I’m whining a lot.  lol.  Wonder how many more weeks Il be in this sling!  When will they let me drive?  Lots of questions. 

General Discussion / Re: Moto Guzzi Demo tour
« Last post by sdcr on May 09, 2024, 08:51:23 PM »
Is Blackmans still a Moto Guzzi dealer?
General Discussion / Re: Moto Guzzi Demo tour
« Last post by bad Chad on May 09, 2024, 08:12:14 PM »
Well that’s a start.  Hopefully they will get the funds t do the other 2/3 of the US, and squeeze   Canada in somewhere.
General Discussion / Re: IL 2024 Bring Your Owen Everything May Campout
« Last post by Gustav on May 09, 2024, 06:54:27 PM »
  Hello Chad. Will there be anybody there Friday, late morning, early afternoon? Like last year I'm scheduled to work all weekend and naturally nobody will cover for me. Thanks, Paul
General Discussion / 2003 EV rear shock adjustment
« Last post by drdwb on May 09, 2024, 06:41:44 PM »
So this is going to sound dumb, but the 03 EV now has side car, the guy who set it up weighs 230lb, he could easily ride it with one hand, I weigh 155 on a good day, I drove it and the front end wobbled so bad I couldn’t get it out of first gear. After taking all the tension off the steering damper, and getting the tire pressure exact on all 3 tires 38 rear, 36 front, 40 side car, I can ride the thing.
But it’s still a little wobbly in first if I hit a bump. Lee the guy who set it up suggested I adjust rear shock, they are original and have never been touched. I’ve looked through all the books I have ( including Richards Guzziology) and can’t find a good explanation of how to adjust them to lower the rear end. Guzziology suggests staying with original shocks to avoid messing up the integrated brake system. And searching the forum I find suggestions on different aftermarket shocks. But I also read about a special c shaped tool that I don’t have. Can anyone point me to instructions on how to adjust/ lower them?
Thanks
General Discussion / Re: Great dealer experience today - Mother Road in Tulsa
« Last post by SmithSwede on May 09, 2024, 06:15:28 PM »
The only good reason to buy anything is “because you want one.”
What start logic does your bike have?  When  you press the starter button, do you have to hold it to continue cranking?  Or does it 'auto-start' and keep cranking even though you have released the button?  If the latter, then the starter is controlled by the ECU.  Any dip in voltage and the ECU stops cranking the bike.    The only reliable solution is a bypass starter button.  I referenced an alternate thread up above.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here