Author Topic: Any Nolan N70-2 helmet owners?  (Read 410 times)

Offline brider

• Gaggle Hero
Any Nolan N70-2 helmet owners?
« on: May 12, 2023, 09:18:43 AM »
Or more specifically, the Nolan N70-2-X, the "ADV" version. There is a N70-2 GT version that is more roadie, but basically the same design.

I've been using a Nolan for years and I like it, and I like the removable aspect of the chinpiece on the Nolan. Gets decent reviews, certainly not TOTL, but it'll protect my head better than the one I have.

Anyone with firsthand experience?
'85 Cal II Auto
'71 Ambo project
'02 GasGas EC300
'07 Norge
Wish'd I'd never sold:
'72 Red Eldo
'74 White Eldo LAPD
'77 Convert with DB bags
'06 Gas Gas EC300
'86 LM IV

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Any Nolan N70-2 helmet owners?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 09:27:03 AM »
Or more specifically, the Nolan N70-2-X, the "ADV" version. There is a N70-2 GT version that is more roadie, but basically the same design.

I've been using a Nolan for years and I like it, and I like the removable aspect of the chinpiece on the Nolan. Gets decent reviews, certainly not TOTL, but it'll protect my head better than the one I have.

Anyone with firsthand experience?

I don't know what version Nolan's I have, but I have TWO of the models with the removable chin piece because it is VERY close to my ideal helmet.

The good:

* I LOVE that I can ride without the chin piece, but the face shield is full coverage down to where the chin piece would ride. I have unobstructed views of things where the chin piece would normally interfere but also have wind, rain, and cold protection.
* I can pop off the shield and wear it as a 3/4 when I want too.
* Venting is decent enough, not awesome, but works.
* It came with pinlock insert too, but I've never needed it.

The bad:

* LOUD - it's not a quiet helmet. I've got pure 3/4 helmets (like my Shark) that is quieter than the Nolan even WITH the face shield mounted.
* CHEAP FEEL - the helmet liner is crap. Again my Shark or my Arai feel so much better from a material and comfort stand point.
* Not the best fit for sunglasses (or eyeglasses). There's some pressure where the glass arms ride. I should probably try to remove a little liner material, but it's not horrible.

Still, I wear my Nolans more than anything else and have for the last few years since I bought my first one.

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 09:28:41 AM »
I have a 100-5 but that is a modular. Quietest helmet I have owned including a Neotech ll and a Schuberth.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Offline brider

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 07:32:57 PM »
I have a 100-5 but that is a modular. Quietest helmet I have owned including a Neotech ll and a Schuberth.
kk

Thanks for that feedback, Kev.

And thanks for this 100-5 endorsement. The Nolan I'm considering would not be used on an un-faired bike, except for the KLR I fantasize will own someday, so noise is a secondary concern.

HOWEVER, I've posted before about my bummer experience riding the LM IV I owned briefly with a helmet that was so loud I couldn't hear the engine at high speed, so when I get another un-faired bike, I'll keep the 100-5 in mind.
'85 Cal II Auto
'71 Ambo project
'02 GasGas EC300
'07 Norge
Wish'd I'd never sold:
'72 Red Eldo
'74 White Eldo LAPD
'77 Convert with DB bags
'06 Gas Gas EC300
'86 LM IV

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 07:32:57 PM »

Offline brider

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 12:37:34 PM »
Update:

I bought the N70-2 and absolutely love it. Any "cheapness" or plasticki-ness is lost on me, I view it as a well-designed helmet that fits like a glove.

Thanks for the replies!
'85 Cal II Auto
'71 Ambo project
'02 GasGas EC300
'07 Norge
Wish'd I'd never sold:
'72 Red Eldo
'74 White Eldo LAPD
'77 Convert with DB bags
'06 Gas Gas EC300
'86 LM IV

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here