Author Topic: 1400 Windshields - What's the difference ???  (Read 624 times)

Online kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
1400 Windshields - What's the difference ???
« on: June 16, 2019, 11:03:19 AM »
OK - so EXCLUDING fly screens.

I'm clicking around the web, looking at windshield kits for this 2016 Eldorado.  Some of the kits note that they DO NOT have the tabs to mount the side lower wind deflectors.  Some say "does not fit Eldorado" or "does not fit California Custom or Audace......."

I call a couple of dealers that I've done business with and the term "disappointment" is an understatement.  Maybe I should have known better.

A call to Harper's Moto Guzzi here in Missouri at the west end of the state and -  what a breath of fresh air.  They speak Moto Guzzi, and quite precisely.  Problem is that they had everything except the plastic part.  The windscreen itself.

SO - is that actual windscreen interchangable on all of the 1400's ?  I'm gonna need one. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Online kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
Re: 1400 Windshields - What's the difference ???
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 11:29:00 AM »
and... if anyone has a line on a rear rack

Offline JohninVT

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 03:50:38 PM »
Clear view is probably your best best for the windshield.  Dan worked with them on the prototype and those who’ve bought one give it high marks.  I bought my rack at AF1.  Shipping cost was high but I wanted the OEM rack so I paid it.

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 03:55:33 PM »
Dang! 1400 of 'em? that's a BUNCH of windshields!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 03:55:33 PM »

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 05:20:51 PM »
Clear view is probably your best best for the windshield.  Dan worked with them on the prototype and those who’ve bought one give it high marks.  I bought my rack at AF1.  Shipping cost was high but I wanted the OEM rack so I paid it.

This,, The clearview screen will fit right on to the 1400 oem frame.  It will come all pre drilled but you will need the four rubber grommets and allen screws , cap nuts and related washers. I would think all that stuff would come with the frame , just make sure if you get frame only from guzzi and the shield elsewhere.

Online kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 09:56:56 AM »
This,, The clearview screen will fit right on to the 1400 oem frame.  It will come all pre drilled but you will need the four rubber grommets and allen screws , cap nuts and related washers. I would think all that stuff would come with the frame , just make sure if you get frame only from guzzi and the shield elsewhere.

I ordered the grommet kit and the frame kit, so all I need is the plastic - but will verify the hole spacing on the installed frame before ordering the plastic. 

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here