Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Static Timing
« Last post by bigbikerrick on Today at 03:39:54 PM »
Some of my most frustrating moments with Guzzis, have been getting the timing right on a dual point tonti Guzzi. I eventually have always ended up installing a Dyna III ignition. Its nice to be able to set the timing perfectly, and then forget about it.  With the points, I never really could tell if any running issues were caused by carburetion, or ignition.
Rick.
Nope. Never really cared for them.

-AJ
General Discussion / Stuck Norge Filter
« Last post by SemperVee on Today at 03:35:14 PM »
 Was bound to happen..   Changed oil and filter and had oil drip drip from filter upon shut down.   No problem I though, give it another tighten.   Still drip so thinking loosen now,
perhaps I made it too tight.  NO SUCH LUCK. Filter is recessed as with all CARC bikes and filter tool is slipping. Tried the old sand paper trick.  Nope.  Not wanting to waste a new oil change I thought of using this Harbor Freight tool.

BTW the filter is ST4967 pick up at WM on the recommended list.  *back up plan is drill screws thru filter cup tool into actual filter. 

Can anyone confirm this Harbor freight oil filter tool fits up into the recess?

Any other ideas?
General Discussion / Re: welding question 75 850 T
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on Today at 03:20:49 PM »
The steel on the 850T is nothing special. You can TIG, MIG or stick weld it. Personally I'd prefer TIG.
Third-Sunday-of-the-Month Connecticut-Rhode Island Breakfast
Sunday, April 21, 2024
8:00 AM to 10:00 AM

Deb's Restaurant
40 Saybrook Road
Rte. 154
Higganum, CT 06441

As usual, no need to be there exactly at 8:00. Come as your schedule permits! After breakfast we move on over to the neighboring Seven Falls parking areas to clear tables and parking spaces for Deb...to kick tires and tell tall tales.

FYI: this Sunday is also the Spring Motorcycle Swap Meet up at Stafford Springs Speedway. See: https://staffordmotorspeedway.com/events/2024-spring-motorcycle-swap-meet/

Steven Rossi
CT-RI MGNOC State Rep.
(248) 470-5788
RIP MR. Betts,

The Allmans have been one of my go to's for decades!  :thumb:
General Discussion / Re: Tank bag for V85TT?
« Last post by Huzo on Today at 02:09:39 PM »

Damn…!
That Stelvio must be a fantastic thing. If I saw a red/silver version with polished rims, I don’t know how I could walk away… :drool:
General Discussion / Re: Tank bag for V85TT?
« Last post by kingoffleece on Today at 01:50:49 PM »
I use the GIVI tank ring and have a few different bags depending on how large it needs to be for that outing.
General Discussion / Re: Could be a return to fold moment ahead
« Last post by OkJohn on Today at 01:50:25 PM »
Well - I made a very brief visit by the dealer to have a quick look...  Did put a leg over it and it sure did seem a bit "porky" as someone mentioned earlier. IT was not love at first sight either. I'll keep my eyes open for what may "pop up" next I guess.

Thanks all !
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here