Author Topic: May '19 SWVA Guzzi lunch report  (Read 391 times)

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
    • Virginia Moto Guzzi Owners Club
May '19 SWVA Guzzi lunch report
« on: May 20, 2019, 11:05:09 AM »
 Guzzisti,
Saturday was SUCH a beeutiful day!  I'd spent some quality time spiffing up the Eldo recently & he always seems to run better when he's sparkling. HE was fine, but the rider....Whew! I am SO rusty! I rode out to Buena Vista on 130/501, just trying to be steady & smooth through the sweepers & twistys. I was early at Nick's, so I did a little cruise through Glen Maury Park, and then uptown. It looks like some new businesses have opened & I saw help wanted signs, so maybe Buena Vista is starting to recover from the doldrums.
Coming back to Nick's, Allyn Chappell was stripping off his gear next to his V750III. The sun was beating down so we headed inside. For a while it looked like we'd be the only 2, we were bemoaning our rusty riding skills & catching-up in general, when Tom Farly pulled in on his Jackal, Tom said his GPS put him on Rt 778 to cut across from Rt 29 to Rt 60, but 778 was closed for a bridge rebuild, & a LONG detour took him on more of a tour of Amherst County than he wanted. And finally Bob Corfield on his classic SP. 4 riders, 4 Guzzi's, 4 eras, 1970s, 1980's, 2000's and 20-teens.  Cool!  Oh, interesting bit about Guzzi longevity, Bob's SP has over 190,000 miles....and the motor has never been touched,  tranny & rear end yes, but the heart of the bike is still going strong. Bob says his goal is to pass 200K miles on the SP his year...I wouldn't bet against it!
The usual interesting conversation swirled around the table. Tom wants to thin his "herd" of bikes, he has a Convert & a 750 Breva for sale. Email me & I'll forward his contact info if you have an interest in either bike. Bob says preregs for the rally are coming in slowly, & expects there will be a last minute rush as usual.  FYI cut off for getting the prereg discount is June 8th, (just 19 days away) I'll be placing the order for the t-shirts about the 11th so, please get your rally prereg/shirt order in. We drew cards for the free lunch & Tom pulled an ace, don't get no better! Maybe a good omen for finding his bikes new homes?
After lunch, I fired up the Eldo & headed over the mountain on Rt. 60, again trying to be smooth, brake before the turn, hold a good line, accelerate out, pulling hard...old Strider felt so damn good!
Live every moment, enjoy the ride,
Ron
THE MOTRESYKLMAN
 Restore, Repair, Accessorize, Buy, Sell & Trade Exotic, Unusual, or Interesting Motorcycles. Guzzi Wrench 35+ years

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: May '19 SWVA Guzzi lunch report
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 12:34:54 PM »
 :thumb:  :thumb:

Charlie

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here