Author Topic: Is my Stelvio the new Harley Davidson  (Read 906 times)

bobrebos

Is my Stelvio the new Harley Davidson
« on: May 02, 2021, 12:33:46 PM »
I started traveling to see some sites and end up at the wild guzzi get together in cedar vale is.  Today when I’m stopped at a gas station in Kentucky a younger gentleman (30s??) asked me if my bike was the new Harley Davidson?  I respectfully told him no and that it was a Moto Guzzi Stelvio.  He said dang it, it looks like such a nice bike he thought for sure it had to be a Harley.  Geeez, I get no respect I tell ya!  Lol

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Is my Stelvio the new Harley Davidson
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 12:54:33 PM »
Yesterday down in NW Arkansas a dude actually walked up and said "I hear those thangs will tip right over when you give it the gas"

I just told him you have to watch out for that shit. :thumb:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 01:20:44 PM »
I started traveling to see some sites and end up at the wild guzzi get together in cedar vale is.  Today when I’m stopped at a gas station in Kentucky a younger gentleman (30s??) asked me if my bike was the new Harley Davidson?  I respectfully told him no and that it was a Moto Guzzi Stelvio.  He said dang it, it looks like such a nice bike he thought for sure it had to be a Harley.  Geeez, I get no respect I tell ya!  Lol

Stelvio Davidson and the Lucky Strike Man!
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

oldbike54

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 01:57:26 PM »
 We will give the Stevio respect in Cedar Vale Bob  :laugh:

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 01:57:26 PM »

Offline stubbie

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 09:01:33 PM »
Oh my god. Did you shoot him.

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 09:30:42 PM »

From what the reviewers are saying about the new Pan America I think he was giving you a compliment.  LOL!
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2021, 09:46:54 PM »
It was about five years ago that I had finished mounting side cases and added some extra lights to them.  Quick-connectors for those lights were on order, but I was eager to get in a road trip, and so I used some heavier cabling - in the mean time.  OK, they DID sorta look like battery cables, I guess.

A lady at the 1st fuel stop was simply gushing over my "green" motorcycle and the two HUGE batteries.  She seemed especially happy that not only was it "green" but that it was also painted green.

I said "thank-you" and headed on down the road

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 09:58:36 PM by kballowe »

bobrebos

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 05:43:07 AM »
It was about five years ago that I had finished mounting side cases and added some extra lights to them.  Quick-connectors for those lights were on order, but I was eager to get in a road trip, and so I used some heavier cabling - in the mean time.  OK, they DID sorta look like battery cables, I guess.

A lady at the 1st fuel stop was simply gushing over my "green" motorcycle and the two HUGE batteries.  She seemed especially happy that not only was it "green" but that it was also painted green.

Now that’s a Funny exchange with someone!!

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 05:56:41 AM »

I’m not sure but that might be a record for the amount of luggage on a standard.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here