1978 Ducati Refresh

<< < (2/2)

Pescatore:
 :thumb: :thumb:
 :popcorn:

Scout63:
Rewired the alternator wires from this

to this

I also really liked the difference between the Moto Guzzi and Ducati frames and engines without bodywork on the lifts.

Two very different approaches to engine architecture, but the frames seem fairly similar.

2WheelsUp:
Dream bike... I'd love to have one but prices have soared. Bringing both the Duc and LM1 to the track would make pretty nice day! A good friend of mine had an 80 Darmah 900SS when I had my first LM1. The Darmah SS version is your bike with a different tail. We rode together for years around Chicago and did an epic trip up the Rockies. Performance between the two bikes was virtually identical. The Duc had a higher top speed while the Le Mans was significantly more comfortable. Would love to hear your thoughts after you've had time to ride both of them.  :thumb:

I suspect most on here have seen this article from 2008: https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-italian-motorcycles/moto-guzzi-le-mans-versus-ducati-900-ss/ ... sort of what you have brewing  :bow:

Scout63:

--- Quote from: 2WheelsUp on May 14, 2022, 10:39:48 PM ---Dream bike... I'd love to have one but prices have soared. Bringing both the Duc and LM1 to the track would make pretty nice day! A good friend of mine had an 80 Darmah 900SS when I had my first LM1. The Darmah SS version is your bike with a different tail. We rode together for years around Chicago and did an epic trip up the Rockies. Performance between the two bikes was virtually identical. The Duc had a higher top speed while the Le Mans was significantly more comfortable. Would love to hear your thoughts after you've had time to ride both of them.  :thumb:

I suspect most on here have seen this article from 2008: https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-italian-motorcycles/moto-guzzi-le-mans-versus-ducati-900-ss/ ... sort of what you have brewing  :bow:

--- End quote ---

I’ve read the article many times, but not being a racer it just scares me. As nice as it is to ride vintage bikes, it would have been great to be 20 or so and wringing out these bikes on the track in the 70s.

Lights sorted.  I’m not sure what was wrong, but a disassembly of the switches and wiring seemed to fix it. New grips installed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version