Author Topic: More Cancer, acid reflux  (Read 10217 times)

Rough Edge racing

Re: More Cancer, acid reflux
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2019, 10:26:46 AM »
 Kev, it's ok, I just posted this primarily to make others aware of it.....But I'm still talking and do appreciate the well wishes......I have told only two closest friends and  several family...I like to keep it low key ...My wife is constantly with me at home or in the hospital, my pain is her pain..I bought a graphic art shirt with a lone warrior armed with a sword up against a fierce fire breathing dragon, aka the tumor...It's how I see it, a personal struggle...

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2019, 10:42:41 AM »

Tony, I wish you the best.  Keep up the fight.

A great-aunt of mine passed from this cancer 35 years ago.  I fear that I'm going to have to deal with it at some point, when the Prilosec OTC isn't enough to keep the acid reflux at bay.

Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2019, 02:19:21 AM »
Tony,    Sorry to hear this news, thank you for having the courage to share, keeps me mindful.

Glad that you've got great medical care in your corner, and that you were able to line up some med pot to take the rough edge off the treatments.

I have a couple of inspirational T shirts that I wear when needed; I love yours.

Thoughts and healing energy from the 49th parallel.

Kelly
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Offline Petrus Rocks

• Gosling
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2019, 11:11:42 AM »
Tony's a tough old bird  :thumb:.  He's got a real good attitude and his medical team is one of the best in the US.  Hopefully I can get him out on his bike a little   :bike-037:

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2019, 11:11:42 AM »

Offline Gusable

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2019, 12:42:10 PM »
GOD bless you and may you heal 100% to the glory of the almighty 🙏🙏🙏
1994 California 1100

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2019, 12:56:32 PM »
Tony's a tough old bird  :thumb:.  He's got a real good attitude and his medical team is one of the best in the US.  Hopefully I can get him out on his bike a little   :bike-037:

I shoulld be ok to ride by Wednesday or Thursday...Right now I'm a bit dizzy and walking in circles from the treatments...Yes, more dizzy than usual... :grin:

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2019, 05:37:52 AM »
 An up date on my situation..I'm in a trial program due to my age, and good health other than cancer..11 weeks of chemo and yesterday was my last infusion...This week is also the last of 5 weeks of radiation, 5 day a week on a two million dollar  Linear Accelerater...I feel like I was thrown under the bus and dragged for a few miles...But I still work on my bikes a bit and the last few day in and unheated garge in 20F working on our damn 02 Honda CRV...I also take naps...My esophagus is burned from the radiation so eating is a bit tough as the food creates a burning sensation on it's way past . But life goes on...
  Early January I get a PET scan..The Docs are optomistic...If it shows I'm clean of cancer, then on to a 9 hours surgury to rebuild my food tube from stomach tissue....
 My care at the University of Rochester NY medial center is still first rate....My wife is my co pilot....There is hope...

Offline Stevex

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2019, 05:56:53 AM »
Best of luck mate, hope you kick the dragon's ass  :wink:

Online greer

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2019, 06:20:36 AM »
Thank you for the update, Tony.  Hoping for the best.

Sarah
Sarah '21 V7 Special, '17 XT250, '17 V9 Roamer sold August 2021, '16 V7 II Stone sold September 2021, '08 Nevada Classic sold August 2020 
Doug '21 V85TT, '05 Sportster Roadster, '13 XT250

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2019, 06:32:10 AM »
Sounds more positive than not. Hang in there you tough old bastid!
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline pat80flh

• Gosling
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2019, 06:49:42 AM »
    How much weed can you get? You may want to consider making oil, research Rick Simpson oil. It is much more effective taken internally, good for chemo side effects, some claim it'll cure cancer but I don't know. A pound will yield you 50-60 grams of oil, most recommend 60-90 days of a gram a day. NY medical marijuana is exorbitantly expensive, and who knows what the govt does to it. 
    I'm 20 or so miles from you, 62, retired, would be glad to help whip up a batch of oil, it's way easy,  or anything else you need. I have dealt with prostate cancer for the last 12 years, I know the experience.......
    All the best
00 Bassa
80 FLH (in rehab)
84 V65C
75 850T prject

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2019, 07:00:07 AM »
Rough Edge Racing,

Wishing you the best.  Great support group.

All the posts here make me feel a hip replacement is a walk in the park and that I have been very fortunate to have good health to date.

As someone who grew up in Monroe County, NY, look on the bright side, the weather will be so bad up there for the next few months that you won't miss out on much riding.  Hopefully, in the spring, you'll be good as new.
"If reading shite on the internet will trigger your head exploding, please wrap your head in Gorilla tape before logging on.  Thanks!!!"

2019 Beta EVO 250
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1994, 2001, & 2002 MZ Skorpions
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2019, 07:25:43 AM »
    How much weed can you get? You may want to consider making oil, research Rick Simpson oil. It is much more effective taken internally, good for chemo side effects, some claim it'll cure cancer but I don't know. A pound will yield you 50-60 grams of oil, most recommend 60-90 days of a gram a day. NY medical marijuana is exorbitantly expensive, and who knows what the govt does to it. 
    I'm 20 or so miles from you, 62, retired, would be glad to help whip up a batch of oil, it's way easy,  or anything else you need. I have dealt with prostate cancer for the last 12 years, I know the experience.......
    All the best

I have some smoking weed from a freind who grows indoors...I use it moderately for side effects..It does help some especialy with appetite since I have temporarily lost a lot of sense of taste. And it helps as a distraction....
  Weed to cure cancer?Thats a tough call... Tell me about the ratio of cures compared to those that died....Conventiona l medicine Chemo and radiation have proven facts from years of use, good and bad....The oncologists working with me are very serious about their work and spend all their time doing research and are in constant contact with researchers and drug manufacturers all over the world. Stage 3 esopagus cancer is very lethal and up to 10 years ago had a 5 year survival rate of maybe 15%.U of R medical not not really publish survival rates but now with new treatments it's closer to 60%.The trial progam for me uses Folfox ,a blend of many drugs normally used for intestional cancer.The result so far have been promising.. This is not to say that some find a cure or remission with Cannibus but I have my money on the treatment I'm getting......
  That being said,I am not closed mnded, if you can get me a small amout of oil I would be willing to try it , thanks for the offer...

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2019, 07:34:45 AM »
We have subscribed to Dr. William's newsletter for at least 12 years now.  Here is some interesting information on cancer from a recent issue:

http://fenbendazole.s3.amazonaws.com/A-Cure-for-Cancer-Hidden-in-Plain-Sight-July-2019-Dr-David-Williams.pdf

"If reading shite on the internet will trigger your head exploding, please wrap your head in Gorilla tape before logging on.  Thanks!!!"

2019 Beta EVO 250
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1994, 2001, & 2002 MZ Skorpions
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

Offline Dilliw

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2019, 07:38:54 AM »
Thank you for this and best wishes Tony.  Sounds like you have the proper support crew as well.

Just FYI I'm scheduled for the two-way scope thing tomorrow.  The DR promised me he'd do the top end first...

George Westbury
Austin, TX
2003 EVT "The Tank"
2011 Griso SE

L-824 and L-825

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2019, 07:56:36 AM »
🙏🙏🙏coming your way Tony. (Romans 8:28)

Online chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2019, 09:41:41 AM »
Try inexpensive leaf, not buds,... in butter, or foods...more intestinal, less lung.

not that I would know anything about these things... :popcorn:

But do your thing, everyone else is taken..peace
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Offline wicks

• Gosling
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2019, 11:25:25 AM »
Thanks for sharing the specific treatment information - and hope it is working well and killing off your dragon.

I always read up on the latest treatments as this same thing took out my dad 8 yrs ago at 63. He was a bit too beatnik and waited too long to agree to chemo and radiation while trying silly stuff offered by his scientologist friends, so his opponent was able to grow too strong. He did get a remission after we flew him to germany for radical chemo and was back on his mountain bike for one summer.

Will be following, thanks again for sharing (and all the other info people are sharing).
---
'77 LM1 / '93 1000s / '73 V7 Sport / '06 Ducati Paul Smart  / '73 Porsche 911s / '94 Porsche 964 Turbo / '94 Defender 90

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2019, 01:56:46 PM »
Thanks for the update Tony.  Here's to a successful outcome :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:.

It was after reading your first post that I started taking a bit more interest in the odd bit of reflux I was getting.  Spoke to my Doc and he has been excellent in coming up with control methods.  He too was emphatic; just leave it and you can almost guarantee to have problems.  Thanks for your timely warning to all of us.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2019, 01:58:18 PM »
 The oncolgists are aware of alternate treatments, they are aware of the dog wormer....They also have had a patient or two beyond medical help who was given months to live and just like that the cancer went into remission and the person lived another 10 years...Given my situation, I go with the treatment I'm getting unless it does not work....I talk to the oncolgists about why they chose this line of work and other professional details..I believe in them.....

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2019, 02:29:15 PM »
Sending my best to you, Tony. Peace and comfort...
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

Offline pete mcgee

• Gosling
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2019, 02:49:08 PM »
Tony,
One day at a time mate, one day at a time.
Youve no doubt had the "everyone is different" speil from the doctors and they are correct.
Stay positive and as hard as it can be at the height of your treatment make plans for the future.
This is a long period of treatment and recovery, its not easy as has been mentioned.
Stay positive.
I wish you the best.
Pete (no not the Bungendore one)

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people look intelligent until you hear them speak....

Offline Penderic

• Hatchling
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2019, 03:40:09 PM »
Sorry to hear about your health troubles. Regarding Acid Reflux, I had Acid Reflux really bad and getting worse. Waking up in middle of night and I would have to take a hand full of Tums, just to help get rid of the strong burning acid in my upper throat. Burping at night can kill you!

I heard that fasting (water is ok) stopped the stomach acid production, right up till you started eating again.

I Learned that a fast also cured type 2 diabetes, until you started eating again.

And by a web search accident, I discovered, there was a minimalist diet out there, called the Carnivore Diet, that reduced food intake to a minimum yet provided all the nutrients needed. Beef, water, salt as the base line! No fooling eh. I my time and checked it out. Testimonies on improving health, particularly the digestive system, abound on the web and increasing, since I last checked.

The second day for me on a "30 Day Carnivore Challenge" I noticed my  Reflux was completely gone - hurrah! had the best sleep in years. Lots of other little improvements noticed as well. No more bloating, sugar swings, better skin, more resistance to cold, no more hunger pains, rumbles and all my food cravings fade away - I don't feel hungry at all. I feel great.

Blood tests = normal and I am still on the diet (mostly) after a year and half - just adding a small amount of cooked veggies a couple times a week, for the indigestible fiber sometimes required to keep this guys bowel movements,  :azn: completely happy.

Just my Opinion .... Might help some others here.

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2019, 04:21:48 PM »
 I may have said this previously......Abo ut 20 years ago we changed out diet to something considered healthier and my acid reflux was not a problem after that Ww also exercized  days a week for 1/2 hour..We were not fat but felt we were doing the right thing for the future...The surgeon remarked the damage was done to start mutant cells...And even then only a small percentage of those with reflux go into cancer...So I said to her" this is my reward for trying to be healthy?" She laughed and said maybe...And cancer can strike for no reason at all..It's a sneaky disease that can change form and avoid predator anti bodies...That's why I get chemo the same time as the radiation...The radiation kills the tumor(s) and any cancer cells trying to escape is killed by the chemo...This is not always done at other medical centers.
  Day to day I don't not have anxiety from this, my life is in the care of others and I'm just going along for the ride......Thanks for the well wishes, I believe there's power in ....
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 05:51:05 AM by Rough Edge racing »

Offline Griso8V

• Hatchling
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2019, 05:34:34 PM »
Good luck and keep fighting!  Hoping and praying that you will beat it...
Take care

Offline Mr Pootle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2019, 10:23:53 AM »
 Keep on keeping on, RER. We 72 year olds have plenty to do yet.
I'm following you. I go on Friday to have a feeding tube inserted, in readiness for radiotherapy. They were going to slice my tongue cancer out last week, but when they anaesthetised me and jacked my mouth open they found it went too far down my throat for them to be able to get to it all.
Fortunately, I'll not be far enough into the radiotherapy to restrict my Christmas celebrations, though New Year's Eve may be affected.

Offline jksymz75

• Hatchling
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2019, 10:51:51 AM »
I, too, have acid reflux for years so I appreciate the heads up. Best luck to you that you beat this thing.
'83 LM III
'93 Ducati 900ss
'21 Honda CRF300L Rally

Offline Mr Pootle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2019, 11:38:22 AM »
It's HPV that caused my problem. I either kissed the wrong woman, or the wrong part of the right woman.

Offline TN Mark

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2019, 12:12:15 PM »
This is an amazing thread filled with wonderful information and testimonials. My prayers are inbound for you Tony.

Offline guzzifan

• Hatchling
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2019, 01:01:43 PM »
Keep the faith Tony.  It sounds like you have this in perspective, have a partner prepared to help, and are getting the latest thing in treatment...an excellent place to start.  Your pragmatic approach to life is to your credit, and, while I have never met you, I get a strong sense you are going to be fine. 

Thank you for reaching out. In a world seemingly going mad as of late I appreciate the trust and openness you've demonstrated by sharing.  I won't pressure you for any updates, but my thoughts are with you.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here