Author Topic: More Cancer, acid reflux  (Read 10259 times)

Offline trippah

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: More Cancer, acid reflux
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2020, 08:51:03 AM »
Yeeeeaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2020, 08:51:56 AM »
Hey Tony, I admire your level headed approach to your misfortune in getting this terrible disease. I, as well as most of us here have lost friends and loved ones to cancer, in fact I have a lifelong friend now getting prepped to start a fight for his life with throat cancer. You are definitely right about the caregivers related to this devastating disease, they are 100% invested the treating and curing cancer! I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers my guzzi forum friend 👍

Offline Mr Pootle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2020, 01:31:07 PM »
This story appears to have a happy ending. I just got home froma 10 hour surgery to rebuild my esophagus and remove affected lymph nodes.12 days in intensive care.Scans and biopsies showed no cancer ANYWHERE. The chemo and radiation did its job.. 6 months of this has beaten the shit out me but I will recover. I have no idea what the future will be but for now I will take one day at a time.
Thanks for all the well wishes!
Terrific news

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2020, 01:38:01 PM »
Good news happenings are always good to hear Tony.  Long may the "all clears" carry on. :thumb:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2020, 01:38:01 PM »

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2020, 01:40:07 PM »
Relaxing at home today with a little help from  Oxycodene.. device behind me feeds nutrients directly into my small intestine until I can eat real food...The other device is a motorcycle :wink:

« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 02:04:26 PM by Rough Edge racing »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2020, 03:28:38 PM »
That's steel-cut oats in that bag, I'll guarantee it!    :azn:   Keep going!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline pebra

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2020, 03:31:20 PM »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Guzzi HTMoto Roadster "Verdina"
2009 Griso 8V "Weißgerät"
Norge-man - introduction #ca 198 shown Guzzi #195

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2020, 04:36:47 PM »
That's steel-cut oats in that bag, I'll guarantee it!    :azn:   Keep going!

Lannis
   looks like the same long list of stuff  in protein drinks..a day,s supply is 1500 calories. I do drink coffee,,tea ,ice cream and jello. By next week I can eat eggs,some ceral......No raw veggies or meat for about a month...I weighed 173 pounds in August when the nightmare started......I weigh the same right now.

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2020, 05:34:39 PM »
 :thumb:
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline PeteS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2020, 06:05:33 PM »
Great news Rough! Jimmy at the BBC said you were looking good. :thumb:

Pete

Offline Nick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2020, 06:09:27 PM »
Great news!!  :thumb:

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2020, 07:10:03 PM »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Dave
Galveston
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

Offline MotoChuck250

• Hatchling
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2020, 09:23:01 PM »
This story appears to have a happy ending. I just got home froma 10 hour surgery to rebuild my esophagus and remove affected lymph nodes.12 days in intensive care.Scans and biopsies showed no cancer ANYWHERE. The chemo and radiation did its job.. 6 months of this has beaten the shit out me but I will recover. I have no idea what the future will be but for now I will take one day at a time.
Thanks for all the well wishes!

Glad to hear this.  IIRC I spent about 11 days in the hospital after my esophagectomy.   Keep up your activity levels and exercise as much as  you can. 

A few points that the doctors probably didn't tell you and they may not in fact know much about.
1. You will probably not be able to eat as large meals as you did before.  You will likely have to eat smaller meals and more often.
2.. If they removed your lower esophageal sphincter. You will get some reflux when lying on your left side as the stomach acid sloshes up towards your upper sphincter and your throat.
3. You will probably want to stop eating about 3-4 hours before bed time so that your stomach empties out before going to bed. Especially avoid dairy products late in the day.

I am currently almost 4 years out from my surgery.  My oncologist tells me after another year they will throw me back into the general population. 

Here's hoping for good things for your recovery.  :thumb:

Offline nobleswood

• Gosling
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2020, 05:15:15 AM »
Great news  :thumb:
2004 V11 Sport Naked / Ballabio
2013 1200 8v Griso

Offline greer

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2020, 06:25:30 AM »
Wonderful news! 

Sarah 
Sarah '21 V7 Special, '17 XT250, '17 V9 Roamer sold August 2021, '16 V7 II Stone sold September 2021, '08 Nevada Classic sold August 2020 
Doug '21 V85TT, '05 Sportster Roadster, '13 XT250

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2020, 07:01:02 AM »
Glad to hear this.  IIRC I spent about 11 days in the hospital after my esophagectomy.   Keep up your activity levels and exercise as much as  you can. 

A few points that the doctors probably didn't tell you and they may not in fact know much about.
1. You will probably not be able to eat as large meals as you did before.  You will likely have to eat smaller meals and more often.
2.. If they removed your lower esophageal sphincter. You will get some reflux when lying on your left side as the stomach acid sloshes up towards your upper sphincter and your throat.
3. You will probably want to stop eating about 3-4 hours before bed time so that your stomach empties out before going to bed. Especially avoid dairy products late in the day.

I am currently almost 4 years out from my surgery.  My oncologist tells me after another year they will throw me back into the general population. 

Here's hoping for good things for your recovery.  :thumb:
Yes,lower 1/3 was removed...the docs and nurses have been good about info and foiiow through. I get home visits and so on
  The day after surgery I was doing great.The night nurse was doing my vital signs when suddenly I  could not breathe. I WENT INTO FULL PANIC ATTACK. In seconds a team of medical personal was on me but they couldn't get air into my lungs unti injected with a paralyzing drug

..So there I was somewhat aware but unable to react. I figured it w as the end,death. I remember a young doctor holding my hands in hers saying all will be ok. I spent three days on a ventilator before  I could breathe on my own again.
  Be careful with the wording on a DNR..the had to call my wife for permission because of my DNR.

Online chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2020, 07:32:02 AM »
ooooooohhhhh synthetic food in a can...my favorite. I lived w that f$&@;!$ pump machine for two years at 2000 calories a night. Osmolite was my brand, what's yours?

Carry on.  :bow: I know you have the Guzzi Guts to do so.

Good to hear your with us.  :bike-037:
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2020, 07:55:04 AM »
ooooooohhhhh synthetic food in a can...my favorite. I lived w that f$&@;!$ pump machine for two years at 2000 calories a night. Osmolite was my brand, what's yours?

Carry on.  :bow: I know you have the Guzzi Guts to do so.

Good to hear your with us.  :bike-037:
Osmolite brand.......it's injected directly into my small intestine so I can't taste it....

Offline drbone641

• Gosling
« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2020, 09:16:09 AM »
Tony, awesome news coming out of a tough or Rough, fight. Good luck for many future rides.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSRs2DRkYgM
73 TR6
09 Multistrada
16 Eldorado

Offline Markcarovilli

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2020, 09:18:31 AM »
from your posts and pic you look like all is going well.  Glad for you and keep at it....

Mark

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here