Author Topic: PNW Dealers  (Read 2050 times)

Offline jared p

• New Egg
PNW Dealers
« on: January 14, 2020, 11:14:58 AM »
Good day everyone. With the unfortunate closing of Moto International in Seattle last year, and now again, Portland Moto Guzzi (for good for them this time), I wanted to reach out and say hello from Optimum Performance Motorsports, who has taken over Moto Guzzi in PNW. While I am not an employee, I do volunteer and do much of the outreach and online communications with OPM.

OPM started as an independent full service and repair shop and grew for 3 years before taking on a dealership line. The shop was opened as we saw a need in our region for a full service shop and so we created it and it's flourished ever since. The owner and employees have been in the business for many years prior so it's definitely not their first rodeo.

Portland may or may not re-open under new management but at the moment options are being explored for a new business venture but nothings set in stone. When Moto I closed, OPM was approached to become the new dealer and accepted. OPM then bought all the old inventory from Moto I, which, is quite frankly, a lot, of very old Guzzi parts. I am currently still going through the inventory of said parts and there is practically zero chance they will ever be used in store, so I wanted to also reach out and say, if you need some old odd ball part and know the part number, shoot me a message and I can try to find it and get it out of the shop to ya. I am not looking to move product and set up set up shop here as much as just offer up a treasure trove of old parts that are very hard to find, most that you can't get from Moto Guzzi, Harper Moto or even TLM. I'd much rather them get used than rust on a shelf in a bag for the next 5 years.

Also I had read some comments on other posts and wanted to answer without bumping old threads, Piaggo, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, are all considered different lines. So, there are restrictions on how close dealers can be to other dealers. You can have one, two or three of the brands in house, it is not one for all all for one. So for example, down the street from our shop, is a Piaggio dealer selling Vespas. So, we took Moto Guzzi and Aprilia, but were not allowed to take Vespa on by Piaggio, because there's already a scoot shop within a certain amount of miles from our location.

Our head tech Michael is down in California doing their biannual training, but has been familiar with Moto Guzzi's for a long time. He has been in the business a long time and has a passion for what he does which is why he still does it!

As of 2019 Piaggio has switched to controlled price advertising, so many of the deals can no longer be advertised so it's always a good idea to call about it. I've recently gone through and inventoried every Guzzi dealerships listing in the lower 48 and have to say it's interesting to see the variety of pricing on the older 2018- models listed. Keep in mind many of the deals, have added fees on the back end out the door. And many, even with the fees, are losing money selling bikes at some of these prices. This unfortunately is one, of many, of the reasons why the US is losing dealerships faster than it can gain them.

Basically I just wanted to reach out and say hello, we know we'll never be a Moto I replacement, Dave's knowledge was second to none and his Guzziology book stands alone, but if we can be a resource for the community we'd like to help where we can.

Threads related to OPM
https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=98644.0
https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=98378.0
https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=99473.0
https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=99126.0

« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 11:16:27 AM by jared p »
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv

Offline Matteo

• Alaska Guzzi's on Facebook
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Make me an offer I can't refuse!
    • https://squareup.com/store/doubleshovelciderco
Re: PNW Dealers
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 12:14:36 PM »
Best wishes! One of my buddies had your shop ship his new V85 to Alaska. He had nothing but praise for folks that helped him.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 12:21:04 PM by Matteo »
66 Stornello Scrambler,77 Lemans,80 CX100,16 V7II,21 V85TT Centenario
Gone to new homes: 84 LM3, 82 1000SP, 00 V11Sport, 84 V50III, 84V65, 00 Jackal, 07 Norge

Offline jared p

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 12:59:35 PM »
Thank you. Always glad to hear positive responses. And yes that was a fun one, I hope he sends some pictures of his adventures on it up there, that's about as perfect a place as there gets for an adventure bike.

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 09:21:11 AM »
Great to hear!  Best of luck, and thanks for being part of this forum!
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 09:21:11 AM »

Offline SemperVee

• My life will be told in MC people and experiences more than anything else.
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • USMC Retired
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 10:44:31 AM »

Thanks for the update.  Wish I were closer to your shop than I am now. Will have to take a run out there when the wx clears in spring.
2007 MG Norge - Hi Ho Silver! - La Dolce Vita
CalSci Tall Windshield
Heli-Bars
Matris Fork + SAG set
Eibach Rear spring
Salamander HB ends
K&N  filter
StainTune pipe
Metal gas fltr
Givi Rear rack
Givi V46 Box and Rack
Startus Interuptus
Napoleon Mirrors
Grip Puppies

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 09:12:51 PM »
Don't forget you have International Motorsports just across the border, one branch in Langley near the Goldon Ears Bridge and another branch in Burnaby.
I would go to the former from down South.
Address: 9420 200a St #100, Langley Twp, BC V1M 4C2
Leave your guns at home Bill
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 09:15:01 PM by Kiwi_Roy »
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline jared p

• New Egg
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 09:57:06 AM »
Don't forget you have International Motorsports just across the border, one branch in Langley near the Goldon Ears Bridge and another branch in Burnaby.
I would go to the former from down South.
Address: 9420 200a St #100, Langley Twp, BC V1M 4C2
Leave your guns at home Bill

That's about 2.5 hours north of Seattle plus border crossing. They are a big multi-line dealer though and have quite a bit of stock.

Offline Scott of the Sahara

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 10:27:19 AM »
So is OPM in the Seattle area?

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 07:18:48 PM »
That's about 2.5 hours north of Seattle plus border crossing. They are a big multi-line dealer though and have quite a bit of stock.
The title does say Pacific Northwest Dealers - International Motorsports are North and West lol
Langly branch 9420 200a St #100, Langley Twp, BC V1M 4C2
YesGuzzi, Triumph and Huskvana
The Burnaby branch has Guzzi, Indian and Royal Enfield
Neither branch has many parts in stock
Burnaby Branch 3059 Grandview Hwy, Vancouver, BC V5M 2E4 right behind a BMW Ducati dealer
I'm not suggesting you come up for a service but a change of scenery might be nice
We also have a couple of large Harley dealers The Trev Deeley Motorcycle Museum is worth a visit
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 07:36:07 PM by Kiwi_Roy »
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline JayDee24ca

• Gosling
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 08:49:18 PM »
Jared, I sent you a pm regarding an NLA part I am looking for.
JD
'74 Nuovo Falcone
'79 Convert
79 G5
the rest are all gone.....

Offline jared p

• New Egg
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2020, 01:58:23 PM »
So is OPM in the Seattle area?

Yes, it is in Kirkland which is about 10 miles East of Seattle.

Offline jared p

• New Egg
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 01:59:57 PM »
The title does say Pacific Northwest Dealers - International Motorsports are North and West lol
Langly branch 9420 200a St #100, Langley Twp, BC V1M 4C2
YesGuzzi, Triumph and Huskvana
The Burnaby branch has Guzzi, Indian and Royal Enfield
Neither branch has many parts in stock
Burnaby Branch 3059 Grandview Hwy, Vancouver, BC V5M 2E4 right behind a BMW Ducati dealer
I'm not suggesting you come up for a service but a change of scenery might be nice
We also have a couple of large Harley dealers The Trev Deeley Motorcycle Museum is worth a visit

Haha you're not wrong! I'll actually be up there in February and will be taking a look around, barring a blizzard anyway.

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2020, 03:15:05 PM »
I look forward to seeing you soon for my second service on my new 2016 Norge.
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2020, 10:50:52 AM »
Looks like Moto Guzzi Portland has filed Chapter 7 BK: Triumph Spares Scheme, LLC, case 19-34622-tmb7.
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here