Author Topic: another fine mess  (Read 713 times)

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
another fine mess
« on: June 05, 2023, 02:10:28 PM »
V11 Sport oil leak

John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
Re: another fine mess
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 08:52:55 PM »
I don’t care what these guys said to you, but they are not competent Guzzi mechanics. 

Do not recommend.  Stay away !

« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 08:53:45 PM by SmithSwede »
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

czakky82

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 09:23:19 PM »
Breather hose? I think I replaced like three on my v11.

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 09:57:07 PM »
The Green Dino is leaking oil...hopefully an easy fix!  Tank off here it comes!
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 09:57:07 PM »

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2023, 09:01:22 AM »
I don’t care what these guys said to you, but they are not competent Guzzi mechanics. 

Do not recommend.  Stay away !

I think their specialty is moving pianos. 

« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 09:04:08 AM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023, 09:06:00 AM »
Breather hose? I think I replaced like three on my v11.

Had a once over and tune up on the bike @50k miles, new brakes and tires and had the hose replaced about 500 miles ago.  The bike has been back for leaking gas line too. 
John L 

Online FarmallA

• New Egg
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023, 12:46:30 PM »
If your oil mess turns out to be the large diameter oil breather hose that runs from the front of the frame spine to the top of the crankcase just in front of the tranny, you might want to know this this:

When mine developed a leak just after I bought the bike last summer (97 1100 Sporti, i believe it's the same on a V11), I replaced it with a new one from MG Cycles. It split within 100 mies down near the bottom and MG Cycles replaced it for 1/2 price.  The replacement also failed in the same spot within 300 miles.

So, giving up, I did a little research and found a reference on another website to a Ford heater hose that is supposed to work:
Goodyear Ford hose #63318.   NAPA Item#: NBH10912  $55.99.   The bends are in the right place, you just have to cut off a couple inches of the ends.

I don't have many miles on this one yet, but the hose is rubber rather than vinyl and has a fabric reinforcement molded into it.  I don't see how it could be any worse than the original.  Also, it's not that much fun to install.

Hope this helps.

FarmallA
Steve

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2023, 04:45:20 PM »
If your oil mess turns out to be the large diameter oil breather hose that runs from the front of the frame spine to the top of the crankcase just in front of the tranny, you might want to know this this:

When mine developed a leak just after I bought the bike last summer (97 1100 Sporti, i believe it's the same on a V11), I replaced it with a new one from MG Cycles. It split within 100 mies down near the bottom and MG Cycles replaced it for 1/2 price.  The replacement also failed in the same spot within 300 miles.

So, giving up, I did a little research and found a reference on another website to a Ford heater hose that is supposed to work:
Goodyear Ford hose #63318.   NAPA Item#: NBH10912  $55.99.   The bends are in the right place, you just have to cut off a couple inches of the ends.

I don't have many miles on this one yet, but the hose is rubber rather than vinyl and has a fabric reinforcement molded into it.  I don't see how it could be any worse than the original.  Also, it's not that much fun to install.

Hope this helps.

FarmallA
Steve

thanks Steve.  I believe purchased this hose a while back, sitting in my parts stash.  Perhaps I should have left well enough alone?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 04:55:23 PM by LowRyter »
John L 

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2023, 03:03:49 PM »

Hope this helps.

FarmallA
Steve

^^ this
John L 

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here