Author Topic: dual disc mater cylinder  (Read 405 times)

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
    • Virginia Moto Guzzi Owners Club
dual disc mater cylinder
« on: June 08, 2023, 02:30:07 PM »
We mounted a dual disc front wheel from an EV on my Sons '03 Stone. After finally getting a right side caliper & mounting it we find that the single disc front master cylinder is not going to work, plus one of the screws that hold the cap on the reservoir is broken off. So, I need a dual disc front brake master cylinder that uses the tiny brake light switch. Anybody have something that will work?
Thanks,
Ron
THE MOTRESYKLMAN
 Restore, Repair, Accessorize, Buy, Sell & Trade Exotic, Unusual, or Interesting Motorcycles. Guzzi Wrench 35+ years

Offline wirespokes

• Gaggle Hero
Re: dual disc mater cylinder
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 10:19:01 PM »
I've used the single-disc master on duals and like the way it felt. You might want to try it first.

If you still decide to replace it, I'd be interested in getting it from you. Shoot me a PM.

Offline moto-uno

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 11:12:50 PM »
  I'm still using the master cylinder from a Yamaha Seca (from the early 80's) that I installed on my Le Mans2
at least 35 years ago . Works fine and has good feel . But as has been mentioned , why not try your original first ?  Peter

Offline ital4me

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2023, 06:45:57 AM »
Greetings, I drove with the 13mm master for a few years. It worked but was a bit soft feeling with lots of travel. I found one of the dealers of Italian parts that carried an Italian sourced Brembo 15mm clone that was a nice match to the period Brembo. Back to a firm feel and low travel of the lever. As others have said it does work, but never felt right compared to other italian bikes that use the 15mm.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2023, 06:45:57 AM »

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
    • Virginia Moto Guzzi Owners Club
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2023, 12:01:56 PM »
final solution: After not getting any replies w/parts for sale, and looking at what was available on ebay, I emailed my son recommending a unit on MG Cycles website:

GU02660100   Brembo 10462067 15mm hand master cylinder. This unit is stock on the V10 Centauro, excepting the black lever. Includes black dog leg lever, brake light switch, fluid level observation window, and handlebar clamp with threaded mount for standard mirror. This unit is perfect for operating 2 Brembo F08 two piston front calipers on Eldorado, 850T, or on any model where you are dis-integrating (un-linking) the linked brake system.

All for $112.00!!!  The best price of an ebay offering (from another brand bike that would have need adapting) was $50.00. $112.00 for a straight bolt on, brand new hand master cylinder including the micro brake switch & lead  with it's wiring is a steal.

Thanks for the replys,
Ron
THE MOTRESYKLMAN
 Restore, Repair, Accessorize, Buy, Sell & Trade Exotic, Unusual, or Interesting Motorcycles. Guzzi Wrench 35+ years

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2023, 12:21:19 PM »
We mounted a dual disc front wheel from an EV on my Sons '03 Stone. After finally getting a right side caliper & mounting it we find that the single disc front master cylinder is not going to work, plus one of the screws that hold the cap on the reservoir is broken off. So, I need a dual disc front brake master cylinder that uses the tiny brake light switch. Anybody have something that will work?
Thanks,
Ron

Ebay is full of used Ducati Brembo master cylinders which will work.

Otherwise, Harper's, MG Cycle, AF1 Racing, etc...
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2023, 07:30:58 AM »
final solution: After not getting any replies w/parts for sale, and looking at what was available on ebay, I emailed my son recommending a unit on MG Cycles website:

GU02660100   Brembo 10462067 15mm hand master cylinder. This unit is stock on the V10 Centauro, excepting the black lever. Includes black dog leg lever, brake light switch, fluid level observation window, and handlebar clamp with threaded mount for standard mirror. This unit is perfect for operating 2 Brembo F08 two piston front calipers on Eldorado, 850T, or on any model where you are dis-integrating (un-linking) the linked brake system.

All for $112.00!!!  The best price of an ebay offering (from another brand bike that would have need adapting) was $50.00. $112.00 for a straight bolt on, brand new hand master cylinder including the micro brake switch & lead  with it's wiring is a steal.

Thanks for the replys,
Ron

Thats good to know becouse the second disc is on my list for mods for my stone. It fits on the Guzzi large dia bars?
Paul B

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here