Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Mysterious oil dripping on my loop
« Last post by pehayes on Today at 12:16:59 AM »
Unlike the engine, there isn't any real 'pressure' inside the transmission box.  There is a puddle of oil at the bottom and the lowest gears reside in that puddle.  As the gears turn, the teeth 'lift' oil and transfer it to gears higher up.  As they spin the gears do 'fling' some oil away but there isn't pressure.  Hard to imagine pushing any oil up 18" of hose.  Have you used the same brand of gear oil all these years?  Some brands of oil are more prone to making foam than other brands.  Perhaps experiment with a different brand?  The internal circulation can lead to foaming like dish soap suds.  If those bubbles  have a very strong surface tension they might stay as bubbles and gradually rise through your hose.  Any way to cut off  half the hose and then replace the missing half with a larger internal diameter?  The larger ID would promote breaking of the bubbles and allow the liquid oil residue to drain back to the box.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA
General Discussion / Seeking Info for 850 with mistral
« Last post by samsonwilliams on May 02, 2024, 10:46:58 PM »
Hi, I had my v7iii/750 remapped and it made a HUGE difference, I now have an 850 and want to do the same. Both had mistrals.

Is the injection unit the same? What’s the make/model of it?

Reason I ask is some places can/can’t do a remap depending on the injection module.

I’m in the UK south so any recommendations welcome.
General Discussion / Re: Not ran in 17 years
« Last post by nsumax on May 02, 2024, 09:55:39 PM »
My 75 convert taught me a lesson, don't save receipts. It sat in a damp cement block garage for 22 years or so it cost me a ton to recomishon it. Any and every piece of rubber new timing chain tensioner, all new gaskets, of course tires and tunes you name it plus I paid $1,200 to much. But I had been jonesing for a Guzzi since before my HD days. That was in 2005. Fast forward to 2009 and my brother found a 75 850 T, one of the very early ones with the Intercepter logo that had been sitting in a basement since 1981. Much to my wife's dismay I bought in for $600.00 ,it got head base and sump gaskets a carb rebuild, and new seals in the rear drive along with new rubber. For $1,300 or $1,400 1 have very nice reliable serviver that I ride 10/11 month's out of the year.
 Lesson learned replaced the parts that common sense says could be a problem, keep an eye on the rest and ride it.
General Discussion / Re: NGC. Shoulder surgery done.
« Last post by spmoto on May 02, 2024, 09:27:09 PM »
Here's to a successful recovery!

I beg to differ with rinrat though. This is complex surgery and the shoulder is the most complex joint in the skeletal system. Please follow your doctor's and therapist's protocol. Try to do too much too soon and you could do serious damage.

Steve M
« Last post by Huzo on May 02, 2024, 08:51:06 PM »
Just go and get the damn thing.
When it works out, everyone’ll tell you what a good idea it was.
Remember fence post Guzzi guy ?
General Discussion / Re: NGC. Shoulder surgery done.
« Last post by RinkRat II on May 02, 2024, 08:43:10 PM »

Looks like some serious hardware you've got there! Heal Well and do more than the PT tells you, you'll be ridin' in no time.

Paul B :boozing:
General Discussion / NGC. Shoulder surgery done.
« Last post by bobrebos1 on May 02, 2024, 08:36:13 PM »
Surgeon said bone spurs and complete bicep tendons tears.  He said it wasn’t good.  Oh well.  Now I’m on the mend! 

General Discussion / Re: I made a cluch adjustment tool - V85TT content
« Last post by guzzisteve on May 02, 2024, 07:38:44 PM »
I made one for Tonti bikes or any really w/same parts on clutch arm. I made it to be below the bike & no burnt hand on exhaust.

« Last post by Walter on May 02, 2024, 07:30:05 PM »
Vehicle hoarders drive me crazy.  They seem to love telling people that are asking about their stuff that it is not for sale, as they let it all rot into the ground.  The worst case of this I ever encountered was just a few years ago when I came across a family in Houston that had been parking cars in a field on their ranch when done with them for the past 50 years.  The best of them was a low mileage loaded 1970 RT Charger, and a 1966 Mustang fastback with 22,000 miles.  I tried to salvage them but they had rusted at what appeared to be an atomic level.  At the moment I have a V50ii with 700 original miles.  It was used for 6 months and then left in a shed for 44 years.  I have no idea yet whether it will be viable to get back on the road.  For now it is garage art until I get to it.  Some people are nuts!
General Discussion / Re: Offically an old geezer rider
« Last post by leroysch on May 02, 2024, 07:25:46 PM »
Hey...no fair post-dating geezerhood entry!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here