Author Topic: NGC. If I’m going to go in debt...this would be it. Lol  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: NGC. If I’m going to go in debt...this would be it. Lol
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 05:46:58 AM »
A little piece of paradise right there..  :thumb:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline guzziart

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 05:56:32 AM »
Kinda not my thing...to be a proprietor of a fishing vacation venue.  However, some of my fishing buds spend stupid money for a few days vacation at a place like this to get away from wife, etc.  The place looks nice, I don't think the asking price is out of line for a turn key business but what do I know.  If this place appeals to you, get serious, find out what the realistic income it can generate, talk to your banker and maybe make a realistic offer.  We aint getting any younger and life is short.  Good luck!
'71 CB350, '72 Eldo, '72 CL350, '81 CB125s, '87 LMIVSE, '91 CT70, '03 V11 Lemans, '08 Wing  ('12 Wee Strom - R.I.P.)

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 06:02:44 AM »
What a great opportunity for the right couple. Maybe turn it into a motorcycle getaway.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 06:02:44 AM »

bobrebos

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 06:05:59 AM »
Kinda not my thing...to be a proprietor of a fishing vacation venue.  However, some of my fishing buds spend stupid money for a few days vacation at a place like this to get away from wife, etc.  The place looks nice, I don't think the asking price is out of line for a turn key business but what do I know.  If this place appeals to you, get serious, find out what the realistic income it can generate, talk to your banker and maybe make a realistic offer.  We aint getting any younger and life is short.  Good luck!

That would be a huge decision and I suck at making decisions, but it is tempting to investigate further but I’m afraid the Mrs would not agree.  Lol

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 06:25:39 AM »
That would be a huge decision and I suck at making decisions, but it is tempting to investigate further but I’m afraid the Mrs would not agree.  Lol
Well, definitely the Mrs. would have to be totally on board or you would be headed for disaster. There is a fair mount of work involved in the Spring to clean up after Winter, and it needs to be done in a hurry. Right after ice out is prime fishing, and there isn't much time between too much snow to do anything before ice out.

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2021, 06:36:14 AM »
Beautiful spot...property taxes look reasonable...but I will be it is one very cold and dark place in the winter!! ("Doooohhh!!)  :laugh: :grin: :wink: :rolleyes: :shocked: :huh:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2021, 07:19:35 AM »
Reality check coming, lol.  :evil:

The low taxes would be based on previous sales prices, once you pay a million for it in 2021, you would be reassessed accordingly, be prepared to bend over and be violated severely.

The quality and age of the buildings and infrastructure are approaching the time for some major investments of money and time, just trying to get materials and trades people would suck the joy out of that place in a heart beat.

As Chuck has mentioned the seasonal opening and closing alone, in a place like that is a major production.

You'll notice the actual land holdings are minimal, just a few acres, only the actual area of the camps, no actual ownership or lease of the lands around it. In the past, mere isolation ensured exclusive use and privacy, but modern ATV access has changed the landscape of the Canadian wilderness dramatically; now any AH with an ATV and a cooler of beer can go and set up camp where ever he wants.

This place is located just north of Thunder Bay, the epicenter of some huge social problems, a central hub for the illegal drug trade in the north and I believe the highest murder per capita rate in Canada.

If you don't want headaches, but truly desire a remote wilderness camp, I still own one with very limited access, that is much more remote and isolated in Quebec, I'll be selling it very cheap.

fwiw

2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

bobrebos

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2021, 07:34:57 AM »
Reality check coming, lol.  :evil:

The low taxes would be based on previous sales prices, once you pay a million for it in 2021, you would be reassessed accordingly, be prepared to bend over and be violated severely.

The quality and age of the buildings and infrastructure are approaching the time for some major investments of money and time, just trying to get materials and trades people would suck the joy out of that place in a heart beat.

As Chuck has mentioned the seasonal opening and closing alone, in a place like that is a major production.

You'll notice the actual land holdings are minimal, just a few acres, only the actual area of the camps, no actual ownership or lease of the lands around it. In the past, mere isolation ensured exclusive use and privacy, but modern ATV access has changed the landscape of the Canadian wilderness dramatically; now any AH with an ATV and a cooler of beer can go and set up camp where ever he wants.

This place is located just north of Thunder Bay, the epicenter of some huge social problems, a central hub for the illegal drug trade in the north and I believe the highest murder per capita rate in Canada.

If you don't want headaches, but truly desire a remote wilderness camp, I still own one with very limited access, that is much more remote and isolated in Quebec, I'll be selling it very cheap.

fwiw

Thank you for the honest review.  You are right and I don’t need the headaches

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2021, 07:55:37 AM »
Thank you for the honest review.  You are right and I don’t need the headaches

:thumb:
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Offline John Croucher

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2021, 08:31:41 AM »
You can get twice as much with more seclusion in Arkansas for 1/10 the cost.    Much better riding weather year round.  And More daylight hours. 

bobrebos

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2021, 11:01:33 AM »
You can get twice as much with more seclusion in Arkansas for 1/10 the cost.    Much better riding weather year round.  And More daylight hours.

Great point

Offline ridingron

• Gosling
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2021, 07:54:03 PM »

A  lot less work and time spent dealing with jerks.  :grin:

I don't know how much a bridge cost and I don't know how much revenue the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground generates but I do know I would hate to have to spend that kinda money on one project (second time in less than 20 years).

I have heard that when your hobby becomes your job, a lot of the fun disappears.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 08:00:18 PM by ridingron »

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2021, 07:00:38 AM »
I have heard that when your hobby becomes your job, a lot of the fun disappears.

You can take that one to the bank.. I've had a job, don't want another.  :smiley:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2021, 07:24:59 AM »

Maybe better somewhere to the east.  :laugh: No place to ride in Arkansas.  :laugh:

John in SW Missouri

« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 07:46:44 AM by Guzzistajohn »
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2021, 08:48:14 AM »
I’d look at the books before committing to such a business. With 20% down the monthly is approximately $4K per month, but then there is the question of the taxes as mentioned above. 

I made that mistake in the past with those tax estimates, previous owner was paying $400 bucks per year and at closing the taxes went to $2,200 per year. Fortunately, the local taxman made an “honest mistake” after I filed 4 complaints and the yearly was cut to $1,100.  Always talk to the tax authority before buying property.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline wymple

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2021, 08:54:52 AM »
Beautiful spot...property taxes look reasonable...but I will be it is one very cold and dark place in the winter!! ("Doooohhh!!)  :laugh: :grin: :wink: :rolleyes: :shocked: :huh:

Too much winter up there. Transport it a few hundred miles South.
No trees were harmed by the conveyance of this message, but a lot of electrons were seriously disturbed.

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2021, 07:43:57 PM »
I used to live pretty much straight north of there, at the Garden Hill settlement on Island Lake. It's an incredible lifestyle if it suits you, but right now I'm aiming more towards a place on Vancouver Island or the Sunshine Coast...

I'm tired of the Mojave Desert, and so is my wife!
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Offline Cal3Me

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2021, 12:48:01 AM »
Nah,,,,,, I wouldn't buy it either ........ the garage is too small ...... did it have a garage ?? :embarassed:
TMS

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here