Author Topic: Va Guzzi lunch next Sat.+ after report  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
    • Virginia Moto Guzzi Owners Club
Va Guzzi lunch next Sat.+ after report
« on: April 14, 2019, 01:39:14 PM »
 Guzzisti,

The April  2019 SWVA Guzzi lunch meet will be at Sanzones in Stuarts Draft next Saturday, April 20th, 12:30P.M.  Sanzones is located at 2897 Stuarts Draft Hwy., Stuarts Draft, Va. 24477. Restaurant phone # (540) 337-3373. The menu can be seen at:
http://www.sanzonesitalian.net
My numbers: home (434)993-3841  (best bet to reach me). Spawn-of-Lucifer (cel)# (434) 426-3329.
The advanced weatherguess has ANOTHER storm coming across the country bringing thunderstorms Friday & "showers" Saturday to Stuarts Draft w/temps in the mid to upper 60s. But as we SO well know it's only a guess LOL.

I hope to see y'all there.

Ron
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 08:35:17 PM by Ronkom »
THE MOTRESYKLMAN
 Restore, Repair, Accessorize, Buy, Sell & Trade Exotic, Unusual, or Interesting Motorcycles. Guzzi Wrench 35+ years

Offline RichP8

• New Egg
  • "De Oppresso Liber"
Re: Va Guzzi lunch next Sat.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 11:57:45 AM »
Hey Ron, how often do you have these get togethers?  Being new to the Guzzi world, I'm interested in networking through such social events, but not sure I can make it to Stuarts Draft this coming Saturday...

Rich
Rich

2017 Kawasaki KLR 650
2016 MG Eldorado
2019 BMW Grand America
2007 HD Road King
2004 Triumph Bonneville
1978 BMW R100S
1977 BMW R60/7
1974 Honda XL 250
...and now 2 Honda 70cc bikes to teach the "grands" to ride

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 12:10:48 PM »
Hey Ron, how often do you have these get togethers?  Being new to the Guzzi world, I'm interested in networking through such social events, but not sure I can make it to Stuarts Draft this coming Saturday...

Rich

The Virginia Guzzi Lunch is held every month on the 3rd Saturday. Location varies. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/va-guzzi
Charlie

Offline RichP8

• New Egg
  • "De Oppresso Liber"
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 12:14:18 PM »
The Virginia Guzzi Lunch is held every month on the 3rd Saturday. Location varies. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/va-guzzi

Thanks much for the info...
Rich

2017 Kawasaki KLR 650
2016 MG Eldorado
2019 BMW Grand America
2007 HD Road King
2004 Triumph Bonneville
1978 BMW R100S
1977 BMW R60/7
1974 Honda XL 250
...and now 2 Honda 70cc bikes to teach the "grands" to ride

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 12:14:18 PM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 06:56:11 PM »

Rich

There's no bad roads on the way there!  Lots of ways to come sliding down the west slope of the Blue Ridge to get to Sanzones ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
    • Virginia Moto Guzzi Owners Club
Re: Va Guzzi lunch next Sat. + after report
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 08:33:11 PM »
Guzzisti,
This past Saturday morning was one of those WOW-what-a-day-for-a-ride specials. I rode the MP3, as the Eldo is on the table getting a little TLC. I crossed the Monacan bridge & headed up the bypass, enjoying all the countryside that hasn't been overly developed, only to find that someone has parked a long row of freight trailers in what had been an empty field. Sigh! I guess it was too good to last.  I got off the slab onto 151 & rolled North, the big scooter pulling smoothly. Just about the time I started into some curvy sections I came up on a line of slower moving vehicles. My first instinct was to be irritated & start looking for a spot to get by safely. Then it dawned on me, I have plenty of time, sit back & enjoy the ride. It turned out I was behind "slowpokes" all the way up 151, across the mountain on 664 & down past Sherando until I made the turn on 610 toward Stuarts Draft. Had I let the irritation grow I might have had a heart-a-stroke! After all that I was still the first one to arrive at Sanzones. I went in & the very outgoing lady met me with "Are you Mr Ron?" I gave her my best "Yes Mam" & she said "I have you all set up".  I took a spot at the table, it was already well after 12:00, I sat there alone & started doubting the wisdom of scheduling the lunch on a Holiday weekend. But finally, some familiar faces started showing up. We filled our table for 8, Lannis Selz rode his Stelveo, Allyn Chappell his V750III, Mike Jones The mighty Convert, and Nate Jones his 750 Breva. That gave us 4 Guzzis and a Guzzi cousin Piaggio in the line up outside. Mckinley Gowan w/his wife Delphine and David Phillips caged. David says he is getting ever closer to having the SP back on the road, McKinley & Delphine only live 3 miles from Sanzones, hardly worth getting the bike out & gearing up. The conversation around the table was varied & lively.  Delphine has a lovely French accent, she & Mike were deep into talking about Europe & Mike's upcoming trip back to Romania. Lannis had us cruising around "out West" with he & Fay. From the local, around the country, to half way around the world through a great lunch.
Allyn commented on the menu prices being higher than those on the website. Alice & I eat out often enough to have noticed that rising expenses are "squeezing" restaurants (just like everyone else), & that some have shown a marked back-slide in food quality. Sanzones has compensated w/small price increases & slightly smaller portions. What they have NOT done is skimp on the quality & flavor of what gets served. Definitely the way to go in my book. Every one was so deep in conversations that I had Allyn witness my drawing 8 cards to pick a winner & pay for  McKinley's lunch....This time I DID make sure to let everyone know that I'd be paying for someone's lunch BEFORE they ordered.  After lunch & discussions of different roads to take going home we loaded up & headed out. I went down to Lyndhurst to visit w/ Charlie & Loretta Parant. By the time I started home the weatherguess promised late afternoon showers were rearing their wet heads. I was hurried on my way by a couple  brief showers, & got home just a little "moistened". MUCH better than the thorough soaking I got coming home from the Tuscan Tavern in Moneta last August! It's funny, but the worst adversity seems to make the most lasting memories.
I hope y'all had a happy Easter & we'll see you at a lunch soon,
Ron
THE MOTRESYKLMAN
 Restore, Repair, Accessorize, Buy, Sell & Trade Exotic, Unusual, or Interesting Motorcycles. Guzzi Wrench 35+ years

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: Va Guzzi lunch next Sat.+ after report
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 09:01:13 PM »
 :thumb:
Charlie

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 09:54:57 PM »
It's always a great group, this 3rd Saturday Guzzi Lunch bunch.   I'd unavoidably missed the last couple and didn't want to miss this one.   We generally take a couple hours hanging out at the lunch table, then a bit more hanging out in the parking lot kicking tires.

Beautiful weather, beautiful ride over the mountains, and my new(-ish) Aerostich outfit shed the rain on the way home perfectly, even though at one point it was coming down hard enough to feel it pounding a bit through the material.   Stelvio's running like a big V-twin sewing machine .... topped it up at home to the tip-top with gas, rode 196 miles both by the odometer and the MapQuest router, and topped it back to the same point with 3.7 gallons, for 53 miles per gallon.   Not running it hard, of course, but it's still a tribute to the latest map the shop installed.   At that rate, I could have gone 250 miles before it ran dry.   And that's with the "little tank" .... !   I've gone 215 once, haven't run it dry though.

I'm going to be riding the Norton in the North Carolina mountains on the 3rd Saturday next month, so I'm looking forward to June .... !

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 05:48:53 AM »
I'm going to put this on my calendar hope to make one or two this year.
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here