Author Topic: Quota 1100ES Maps  (Read 1153 times)

Offline garry h

• New Egg
Quota 1100ES Maps
« on: December 03, 2019, 11:16:45 AM »
Hi I am new here thanks for letting me join the group

I have recently got a 1999 Quota 1100ES and have been recommissioning it
I have set the throttle body up and the TPS and have been having a look at the mapping
Thing is i don't know if it has been messed about with in the past so it would be nice to have a late standard map to compare to or a modified one to have a look at
It seems to run ok now i have set it up but i am allways tinkering and trying to improve things
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline usedtobefast

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Quota 1100ES Maps
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 06:36:32 PM »
I have a copy of my US one.  Unfortunately, I have no idea of the history ... as in, how modified it is, or if it is modified, and if so, who modified it ... don't know any of that. 

Bike runs great, has the Mistral cross over, all else is stock exhaust. 

Since the file is a bin file, I'm not sure if I can just attach it here. 
I'll send you a personal message with my email address, then email me, I'll reply with the bin file attached.

Have you worked on fueling maps with other Guzzi's?

2017 V7 iii Racer
2017 Griso
2016 Stornello
2000 Red Quota
Want a black/green 1000S big valve :)

Offline garry h

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 06:53:58 PM »
Thanks a lot mine also has the Mistral cross over and standard rear silencer so this should be a great starting point  :thumb:
I have not worked on maps on Guzzis before so i am looking forward to having a play
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 06:55:19 PM by garry h »

Offline usedtobefast

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 11:08:24 AM »
Kind have 2 new Quota threads going ... here is some info on the fueling:

Here is some great info on what is needed for guzzidiag ... and reading/writing fuel maps from/to the ECU:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/the-quota-thread.215106/page-46#post-34218994

Number one thing is making sure you read a copy of the map that is on your bike currently and save well ... like a couple of different places, etc.

Also do a search here on the guzzidiag tutorial. 

Quick overview:
- you will need to buy 2 cables to connect the bike's ECU up to your laptop (info in that thread above) (assuming you have a Windows laptop)
- you will need to download the "Reader" and "Writer" and "Guzzidiag" software.  The Reader & Writer need to match your ECU (IAW15x)
- at first it might seem like a lot of info and complicated ... but once you step through things it is super easy once you get the hang of it

TunerPro is a whole 'nother thing.  That software allows you to look at the fuel maps, compare maps, make changes to maps.  Good info on this site about that when you are ready for it.
2017 V7 iii Racer
2017 Griso
2016 Stornello
2000 Red Quota

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 11:08:24 AM »

Offline garry h

• New Egg
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 06:23:19 PM »
This is my first play with mapping on FI
I have done loads with carbs in the past
I replaced the FI on my 1100GS with carbs and got it running real well
To be honest once you have the cables and sused the software out and got it to connect it's easy
But remapping that's going to be another story...At least i know all about carburation and ignition timing so that's a start
Thanks for the help i have had   :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Big_Jim59

• New Egg
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 10:01:08 PM »
Can someone post a link to where to get the specific cables? I am always too unsure of what I am buying to pull the trigger. BTW my 2000 Quota has the three prong female connector.
2001 Moto Guzzi Quota (Black)
1974 Norton Commando
1966 Triumph T100

Offline usedtobefast

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 01:33:03 AM »
For one of them, use "fiat 3 pin to obd2" as a search string.  They are on Amazon and many other places.

Here is the one to the laptop: https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Motorbike-OBD-Diagnostic-Cables/component/TuneECU-Interface-Cable-Lead-Diagnostic

Most guys say only use the Lonelec cable for this, but there are some others out there.

Lonelec also has the "Fiat" plug cable, https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Motorbike-OBD-Diagnostic-Cables/component/Guzzi-Ducati-Aprilia-3pin-OBD2-Adaptor , so you could order both from the same place.  Yes the UK.

Not sure if there is a US place like MG Cycles that stocks these or not. 

I bought my "Fiat" cable via no name company on Amazon and got the OBD one from Lonelec via eBay. 
2017 V7 iii Racer
2017 Griso
2016 Stornello
2000 Red Quota

Offline Big_Jim59

• New Egg
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 11:49:28 AM »
For one of them, use "fiat 3 pin to obd2" as a search string.  They are on Amazon and many other places.

Here is the one to the laptop: https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Motorbike-OBD-Diagnostic-Cables/component/TuneECU-Interface-Cable-Lead-Diagnostic

Most guys say only use the Lonelec cable for this, but there are some others out there.

Lonelec also has the "Fiat" plug cable, https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Motorbike-OBD-Diagnostic-Cables/component/Guzzi-Ducati-Aprilia-3pin-OBD2-Adaptor , so you could order both from the same place.  Yes the UK.

Not sure if there is a US place like MG Cycles that stocks these or not. 

I bought my "Fiat" cable via no name company on Amazon and got the OBD one from Lonelec via eBay.

I beg your pardon for being so thick but am I correct in assuming that you need both cables to create a path from the original three pin connector to the USB port?
2001 Moto Guzzi Quota (Black)
1974 Norton Commando
1966 Triumph T100

beetle

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 02:41:16 PM »
I beg your pardon for being so thick but am I correct in assuming that you need both cables to create a path from the original three pin connector to the USB port?

You are correct.

Offline garry h

• New Egg
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 07:02:26 PM »
Looking at the measurements in Guzzidiag the barometric pressure just shows ---- with the engine running
All the other sensors read fine
Question is is the sensor faulty or is it a Guzzidiag issue with the Quota ?
There are no fault codes shown or recorded
Thanks

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here